Chat URL links....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bart, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Bart Journeyman

A lot of times while chatting someone will type in a URL, some that I want to go to. I thought wouldn't it be cool to just be able to click on the URL in the chat and go to the website rather then trying to type out all the URL. something is already sort of like this in game when you hover over a name for the spam report in the chat window. its not a linked thing but it is a start of where it would need to go. we already can go to a websites from the game IE /petition.. guild manager Guild URL view button, so I know it would be possible. Almost like a URL sent to your email or a text on a phone kind of thing.
    Who or where would I go to submit this?
  2. Filatal Augur

This will likely not happen as we would get spam links to all sorts of sites in general chat and some undoubtedly be less than savory and/or dangerous.
  3. Fury Journeyman

It's not ideal, but if you're running gamparse you can go to the chat tab, find the conversation and copy it from there to a browser - it's frequently easier than typing out the url.

As for spam in general chat, I get spam email all the time from unsavory/dangerous sites and I'm somehow able to avoid clicking the links/opening the emails.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Maereax Augur

Gyurika Godofwar likes this.