Not A Bug Chat Filters

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Angahran, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Just adding my disappointment in the changes in the filter system. Lots of time does not equal hard work if the work is poor.

I respect that many people have different ideas as to how/what they would like filter to be. But if you cannot have Show All on and be able to filter just YOUR actions to a specific window without anyone else's, what is the point of the filter system?
    Tweakfour17 and Yinla like this.
  2. Angahran Augur

Simply put, dumping pet and swarm pet spam in with other combat messages was just a bad idea!
    Skuz likes this.
  3. josh Augur

I'm looking through the filters that currently exist and I definitely feel there are some that can go to make room for others. To be clear, it would be nice if these stay separated, but if we are at a limit, then these are the filters, in my opinion, that should be consolidated in favor of others to be added. I imagine some will be extremely controversial.

Maybe it's just because I'm not a pet class but, there are 5 pet related filters, just lump all those together and put everything pets do into two filters, my pet and others pets.

Remove item speech from the game entirely, seriously, if the game is getting bloated, you need to start removing things that aren't used and nobody ever cared about.

experience and faction can be one filter I think.

death messages can be rolled into one, there's plenty already to indicate to me when I die, and people and npc deaths aren't spammy enough for it to be a bother to have them together in one filter.

get rid of the auction and shout channels. nostalgia is the only reason for these to still exist.

randoms, I imagine that's going to be controversial, but just use gamparse.

combat and aa ability reuse, lump these in with spell failures. combat abilities are spells just accept it.

pvp messages can probably just be lumped in with something else, like maybe event messages.

can't use command warning lumped in with system messages, maybe I'm misunderstanding what that filter is, but I'm pretty sure you could lump that in with something.

Again, I don't like the idea of removing filters, but if it's what has to happen to add filters, than these ones are the ones I would remove/modify.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Would you be able to make that list public, please?

The best would be not only the list of filters made public but also include which option(s) we have to turn them on and off. However, that might not actually exist as a Darkpaw document, so we would settle for at least a list of the filters since you guys don't have extra time lying around to create that document if it doesn't exist.

Thank you for your time and consideration..
    Dre., Velisaris_MS and Angahran like this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

This list seems reasonable, are you suggesting random just go to the "other" filter or what?
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

100%