Chase loot/instances

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raveno Puppykicker, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Raveno Puppykicker New Member

Does chase loot (the ultra rare stuff that drops expansion wide) drop in instances? Thanks.
  2. Swiss Augur

I had one drop in CotF dead hills a couple years ago, no idea if they all do or still do.
  3. Natal Augur

4. Epitheton New Member

Raveno... where you at now?

<-- Designated
  5. Raveno Puppykicker New Member

I'm playing on Bertox as Raveno atm.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

They do but if my memory serves me correctly the drop rate is even worse compared to open world mobs. I could be wrong but I thought I Remember reading something from a dev stating this.
  7. Nuttann Elder

Edit: Had wrong link.

I believe that you are referring to a post by Ngreth. The following page has his post. It mentions that HAs have a lower drop rate and also mentions mobs that do not drop (seems to be all sort of NPC pets).

Sigh, link doesn't end up on correct page and he had a post on the page that did link. Here is the post from Ngreth on thread about "Please investigate ultra rare drops".

8. Raveno Puppykicker New Member

Thanks for the information. I was asking because I have gotten two rares since they started dropping in CoTF. I knew that they dropped in those instances, because that is where both of mine dropped, but I have put in a lot of hours and I have never witnessed a TDS/EoK/RoS rare drop. I spent almost all of that time moloing in instances so I thought I would try to find out if they didn't drop in instances or if I was just unlucky.