Chase (Evolving Loot) part 3, caster shoulders tier 5 evolved to tank shoulders not useable

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ruven_BB, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Schadenfreude Augur

I've seen a marked increase in TBL of people botting groups exclusively often with other people's raid characters (or very recently retired raid characters) used as glorified mercs. I have to assume there are beginner's guides to generating RMT, power-levelling, automation etc widely available as they all seem to use the same spots in Sathir and the centre camp in Mearatas.
    Saer-tse-tao likes this.
  2. kizant Augur

Nobody does that. Everyone gets the lockout like they're supposed to. But not everyone has time to run the mission 3 times a day. So, some people run the mission over and over (on lockout) even though they don't need the drops and then try to find people who need them. Even if that person can only login for 2 mins to loot and that's all they have time for.

Plus it's not even useless for people who have their drops. You get coin for type 5s and lots of the mobs count toward evolving exp. And the fact that it's a very easy quick mission. It could have been a lot worse.
  3. 31neelas New Member

OP, you have a valid complaint regarding the code error (a fix was confirmed to be in the works) but I feel that the thread topic was just a way for you to whine/complain like an entitled snowflake about the time investment required to "max out/obtain BIS in all slots.

TBL refreshingly allowed for more gear choices/heterogeneity of developing your character AND encouraged more active play throughout the calendar year. It also incorporated EQ's already massive content through the requirement of these rewards and RNG.

No one is forcing you to do anything in EQ so I'm not sure why you're so upset. Unless you're upset that you can't have your "optimal set up" without investing the time/effort or are complaining about your bad RNG (both reasons are pathetic).
  4. Sancus Augur

I wish there was a way to acquire these with some insane amount of currency as an alternative. I've killed upwards of 200 named since TBL launched, and I've seen two whispering augs. One was a tank aug, and one I lost the roll on.

Right now the system is heavily skewed towards people who can box a few named camps at once to funnel whatever drops to their main. Currency is a good alternative because you don't get less of it the more people in your group. Like I said, I'm cool with it being an insane amount (say 10,000 or 20,000 per aug), but I really think there should be an alternative.

I suppose they could just increase the drop rate, too. But RNG is RNG :(
    gotwar, Ssdar, Brohg and 3 others like this.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

And this ladies an gent's .. Is the EXACT reason .. so many don't have all 4 yet ..

They are the very same people who box content an try to be "the best of the best" an when something comes about that they themselve's cant handle .. they default to their child hood tantrums .. an DBG / eq is failing .. an I'm pulling my money out of the game that'll teach them ..

Cats an dogs LIVING TOGETHER ! !

Truth be told if yall were not so greedy an trying to get yall's alts something that main's in your guild dont have .. and actually SHARED .. in obtaining these items you would be able to then farm the xp as a grp an actually have something nice..

Or you can be greedy .. try to box it .. not get the drops you want an cry / moan about how unfair life is ..
  6. Pano Augur

Just invite Bard to your group. You will lose the rolls but you will see so many more T18 drop!
    Sancus likes this.
  7. Intenso Augur

Boxed it got the drops and maxed all four lol
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

And, most deities, like me, don't become suddenly benevolent when their worshipers insult them.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

BURN....

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You do understand where we are coming from, yes? Layer upon layer of RNG is not an enjoyable experience. There isn’t a gaming community around that doesn’t frown upon RNG as a “content” method.

For the love of Tunare put all this stuff on vendors. Set the prices to however much grind fits what your vision of what the difficulty was intended to be. 75 runs. 6 total item drops. These are the stories that may be outliers but are made possible when game development is tuned around layers of RNG.

Thank you,
  11. Ecchicon Elder

If you don’t understand that the answer to your question is “no,” then I don’t know what else there is to say. Ngreth designed it, it’s working as intended, and he'll think about some marginal things. Your view that this one application of RNG is the first excessive one is not really making sense.
  12. Spellfire Augur

^^ This.

We have done TBL hunter raids in all zones and drop rate for these augs is terrible.

It would be helpful to have another ways to obtain them; on a vendor, in mission chests.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

120 times a day? Unless the loot lockout code is broken, you can't do this. If you have a loot lockout, and you get one the second one of those mobs dies... the loot is stripped from the mobs if it drops.
  14. Cicelee Augur

A theory...

Not everyone can have everything. The past several expansions basically raiders and their alts were fully decked out in best in slot gear and augments. Maybe this is a step towards players in general (not specifically raiders) just not being 100% best in slot. I mean you can still play EQ, win missions and win raids without best in slot.

Furthermore, the expansion has been out for what, seven weeks? There are 52 weeks in a year *breaking news*. Just cause you don't have one or four of the items, nor do you have the augments, doesn't mean you will not get them.

I mean players complain that they are done with everything by March. Seems like many are still going to be playing for many more months...
  15. Wuddane Elder

Look, I don't know what the problem is. I offered to start paying you quarterly... I was even thinking of letting you eat at the table.
    Ambition and Jondalar like this.
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

A theory. You aren’t actively playing EverQuest atm so you have no clue, at all what this content is really like.
  17. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don’t understand why you seem to think I have no right to plead my case. How does 75 runs. 6 total item drops not understandable to you? This is broken.
  18. Cicelee Augur

So just dismiss any opinion because it does not agree with you?

I have done Fight Fire multiple times. I have the mask illusion. I have killed named in this expansion. So I have experienced some of the content, enough to be more than just a forum quest reader.

I also have been playing this game since 2000. And raiding at the higher end for the past 5-10 years. So I am sorry I have a different opinion than you, but to blast someone because they are not "actively playing" is a bit silly.

Players have their four items. Some even have them fully evolved. Not everyone can have everything. Maybe that is what the developers want nowadays...
  19. Vinjin Lorekeeper

I don't get the complaints about these items. Some of you are upset that it's now February 1st - a mere 45 days or so post launch - and because you don't have all four items yet or perhaps even have one of them while others do, that this is somehow bad, or wrong, or faulty design. To be honest, it comes across as entitlement.

For the sake of transparency, I do have one of the evolving items - the ring - that I got on a lucky roll with 5 other guildies on day one of the launch. None of us even knew what it was at the time it dropped so I just bagged it. I didn't even level it to level 2 until this past week. Would my gameplay be less had someone else won it instead of me? Not one bit. I will eventually evolve it all the way and I hope to get some of the other evolving items ones one day as well.

If I don't, big deal. That doesn't mean it's bad design. Access, rarity and the RNG have always been part of EQ's core design and I understand that. So enough with the cries to "increase the drop rate" or "just put it on a vendor" so that everyone is sure to get one. The game has seen enough of that as it is.

Maybe your personal playstyle doesn't allow you the opportunity to own these items right away. Big deal. Adjust your expectations, change your playstyle or go find something else.
    Cicelee likes this.
  20. ~Mills~ Augur

Many people box and have access to multiple toons that are capable of solo'ing or duo'ing the mission very easily and quickly. If you have 40 actual people utilizing their boxes and alts they can each run it 2-3 times every 6 hours. Do that 2 or 3 times a day and a 120 instances seen by a guild working as a team in a day is a very low estimate. People with the lockout only join a new instance if something has already dropped they needed.