Charming mobs about to die and DBG does nothing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bonified, Apr 16, 2019.

1. phaeril Augur

I'm not sure you do. At the very least you seem to think that by telling people how to counter charm that I'm somehow defending it. That is such an illogical stance that it calls into question everything you claim to be aware of.

Since I am a big fan of teaching fundamentals to people and it's pretty clear you actually don't know how to play your class, allow me to walk you through the basics of countering charm stealing as a druid. Fool proof, it is not and you'll likely lose to bards on occasion... but if you follow my 6 step process you can be dunking enchanters left and right.

0: While tracking your prey, open track and sort by distance to know when enchanter approaches.
    1: Grasping Roots
    2: Ensare
    3: Magic Dots
    4: If Enchanter Inc: Cancel Magic
    4: If Enchanter > 4s out: Starfire or Ice
    5: If nuke did not break root, Cancel Magic
    6: Every time your Allure audio trigger goes off, cast cancel magic

See how easy it is to take fundamental game knowledge to ensure that charm is in first slot and you can just dispell the evil charm every time they cast it? For maximum power, be sure to create a hot button to do the cancel magic, something along the lines of:

/pause 10, /cast 1
    /say lol get dunked

Now you don't have to rely on someone else to defend your claim to a mob, because there is no hero over at daybreak coming to save you from those mean enchanters.

You're welcome.
  2. Xeris Augur

Other viable options: don't try to farm HG's unless you're ready to compete
    NoWay likes this.
  3. howitz Journeyman

Thanks for the advise....:rolleyes:

The point I was making and I will happily say it again.

The people who do this stuff are SCUM BAGS.

That's my opinion if you don't like it tough.
  4. NoWay Augur

I play a druid but I roll with a friend that plays ench, bard, clr, and sk. If you cant beat them join them.
  5. kjempff Elder

Meredette and her automated onion/garlic/etc mages has been botting and ks'ing in rathe 24/7 since day 3. Many have reported and petitioned "her" (probably several people taking turns).
  6. trevock Augur

I think I actually misunderstood the point of this post. So there's a difference between competing for spawns and actually KS'ing someone. Having a mage army and taking over an entire hill giant camp is one thing, but someone interfering with another player's mob that has already engaged and KS'ing that person is actually against Terms of Service for Daybreak.

I can understand DBG not doing anything about a boxed mage army taking over the hill giant spawn, but if another player finds one of those hill giants and start attacking it and there's clearly no one else around at the time, and then the mage army comes over and Kill Steals, then that is a bannable offense and it's something DBG even has in their TOS.

Edit: Interesting. They must have removed Kill Stealing from their Terms of Service, cause I couldn't find it now when I was reading it under Rules of Conduct. Does not say anything about Kill Stealing or Griefing, etc. I know Kill Stealing used to be in there.

Although I know people have been banned for training people to get them killed and that's not in the TOS either, so I don't know.
  7. Kibanu Augur

Sadly, everything is a DPS race now. There is no such thing as stealing a kill since every npc is contested content.
  8. trevock Augur

It never used to be that way though. I distinctively remember Kill Stealing was against Terms of Service. Now "spawns" or "camps" or "zones" were contested content, but once a player engaged with a mob you couldn't kill steal it.

What if a player was following another player around a zone and kill stealing everything? Basically making it so a player couldn't get any kills and had to leave a zone. Does that follow under the same rules?

Also, what if a player kept training mobs onto another player and killing him?

Technically both options are preventing a player from playing the game the way it was intended I think?
  9. Elemenopi Augur

Yup, and the "there are no camps" and "no such thing as kill stealing" is the problem, even though DBG implemented it as a "solution." It has lead to boxing equating to a p2w scenario.
  10. Hinastorm86 Augur

Your mental gymnastics are getting a little weak bud, and this "post" (mental vomiting) is proof.

You like to use cheat programs, we get it. You like to claim that you don't.

Bringing up "limitations of classes" in a discussion about cheating, is pretty poor forumquesting. I'm aware dps racing is the law of the land now....but dps racing against cheaters is not the same thing as a real dps race.

Cheating exists, its pretty rampant, stop defending and or excusing it. And no, I don't think legit boxing is cheating. I 4 box on selo, I suspect i'm pretty bad, I don't care to learn how to cheat to make it easier.

One last point, isn't "monopolizing content/zones" still part of the rules? I'd think someone being in the same spot 20+ hours a day counts as this, but what do I know. They don't have the staff to enforce this stuff, that has become pretty apparent. So you and your ilk have won by default, congrats.
  11. KeystoneFoH New Member

I don't always agree with Atabishi, but when I do he's right.
  12. Hinastorm86 Augur

Ya, I look forward to his next condescending "This is how you fight cheaters, you are the problem, not the cheaters" post.
  13. Skauri_BoxofKurage New Member

So,
    I have to ask,
    If this person wants to share your mobs? Are there enough mobs available in the surrounding area to share a lot with her(him)? So if you bring all 20 mobs you were planning on killing to the enchanter or even some mobs you found else where; then you would be nice and sharing with her all the XP that she(he) might want. I mean if you bring her(him) 20- 30 mobs to deal with before you kill that giant, will the enchanter have time to come kill steal you ?

Generosity is important, share as many mobs as you can find.
    That's a win/win :)
  14. Trox2010 Augur

So someone camping one spot for 28 hours to get that epic piece because they have crappy luck, the mob is a rare spawn, and the item has a low chance of dropping is breaking the rules and should be banned?

Edit: Just out of curiosity; in your opinion how long should someone be allowed to be at the same spot before they are "monopolizing content/zones"?
  15. howitz Journeyman

The issue and why people get seriously annoyed is, because of exactly what most are saying.

If they and I mean real people , decide and totally ignore, do whatever they want, while being allowed.
    No one will stop them.
    You can camp that 28 hour epic piece as much as you want, the morals & rules are now, you just have to kill the mob first.
  16. Skauri_BoxofKurage New Member

Also, contact customer support with times, dates , names , logs perhaps, maybe DBG will see charm-gating as OP, and add a feature where charm breaks if the person gates or gets coth. Maybe they can and a thing where enchanters cant charm a mob that has aggro on someone else if out side group/raid etc. But you have to contact customer support, to get results. Sadly, if players can do something in game,then some are likely going to do what ever the game allows. Even if it is detrimental to other players.
  17. Hinastorm86 Augur

A fair question, I don't have an exact number in mind, but someone spending a few days in one spot to get a quest done is in the spirit of the game...assuming they move on after they get it.

A botter using programs being in one spot for a week+, to make krono to sell, is not comparable to that, and I hope you see why.
  18. Ceffener Augur

Yes
  19. Machentoo Augur

You are welcome to your opinion. But this is the wild, wild west. Saddle up, or stop your . No one is going to do anything about it to help you. That's the truth, and if you don't like it, tough.
  20. code-zero Augur

The only things off the table in EQ are training and playing /afk. DPS race is the new rule and no one at Daybreak is going to nerf any class ability for your benefit.

Now there are hax that work on TLP but since none of the people making accusations seem to know what those are they're making it painfully obvious that they couldn't spot a hack if it crawled over and bit their leg