charmed pets

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Phiyre, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Phiyre Augur

I have been messing around w/ my heroic chanter I bought during the holiday sale.. I have been messing around w/ charm killing lately. My question is, my cleric merc doesn't seem to really heal my charmed pet. I think the HoT's work but not regular/or big heals. I tried to group w/ my wifes druid and she wasn't able to heal it either. Heals land but the hp don't jump up. Are charmed pets un-healable? I'm new to chanter so maybe you just charm a pet, kill x mob w/ it, let charm break, charm a new mob w/ full hp and use that to kill the last charmed mom? I thought back in the day, chanter pets would get buffed and stick around for ages. Did something change or am I missing something. Any info for charm killing would be appreciated.
  2. High Voltage Augur

Madame has a short vid on youtube about charming with a heroic enchanter -
    Mobs have tons of HP, maybe the heals are not strong enough to actually show up on the hp-bar. Of course the healing should be shown in the log.

Just make sure to block cure spells for your pet.
    moogs likes this.
  3. moogs Augur

1. You can break charm on demand by invising yourself.
    2. You might be thinking of Dire Charm, which I think was a Planes of Power AA skill.
  4. Phiyre Augur

Thanks for the replies. I will definitely watch that video and investigate farther. I will have to pay some close attention. I will even mess w/ the heals when not in combat to better gauge them.

Dire charm was so nice and useful when it first came out. Tis a shame they didn't add more ranks of it to allow for a higher lvl pet.

Nice bit of info for breaking charm. I wasn't sure if invis would have any impact since it no longer makes pets suicide. I thought back in the day pet's died when you would invis. Been too many years to remember clearly that far back ;)