Charm in GMM

Discussion in 'Casters' started by shimmer, Mar 18, 2019.

1. shimmer New Member

I have been disappointed with charming in GMM.
    I have tried both Transfixer's Demand and Transfixer's Command. Neither tends to last long with early charm breaks (of course I use Order of Tashan before charming and have blocked my merc healer from removing Tash). Early charm breaks I can live with (though it's a little challenging for me since they are immune to Beguiler's root).
    What has killed me is that after a mob or two, frequently the charmed mob will stop attacking. It will say it's attacking but just stand side by side with the pulled mob, watching me get beaten to a pulp. That's not a good coerced friend at all!
    To be fair, I've only tried charming the orcs outside the gates.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
  2. gotwar Gotcharms

This was a problem in a couple different expansions/zones in the past.

Demiplane of Life, for example, had an almost zone-wide issue with all NPCs types that functioned exactly the way you describe.

Overthere in RoS had it too, but only with certain NPCs. Off the top of my head, the only ones I can distinctly remember were the cacti (cactuses? cactopedes?), but there were others.

It does seem to be NPC-type or area-specific, though, so try charming different NPC types in different parts of the zone until you find one that sticks. I haven't tried any charming in GMM, but experimentation should be your friend here. Don't be afraid to post your results!
    Saer-tse-tao likes this.
  3. Verily Tjark Augur

I charmed an orc and molo'd the whole first mission no problem with a healer merc. The charm was lasting a decently long time, and no issues following commands.

Were you talking about the regular zone or instance tho? Bc I only did the instance.
  4. shimmer New Member

I haven't had much chance to experiment - what I was describing was in the regular zone, orc mobs outside the gates.
    I had much more success with charm in instances/missions, charming orcs as well as steamworks.