Charm Gating problem

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wowjustwow, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Wowjustwow Elder

The last 2 TLPs have really seen an uptick in charm gating. The HS key and VP keys are absolutely absurd due to folks trying to make a quick buck off these camps.

Please make any form of gate break charm. Please make it so you can't warp a pet when you have Selos on.

I get there are legit applications to use gate and pet warp but it's being used for too may shady things and I would rather see the ability to charm gate removed.
    Rouan and Paralyze like this.
  2. Dumbledorf Lorekeeper

What legit applications? I'm only aware of it being used for griefing
  3. Paralyze Journeyman

Pulling froglok foragers/hunters in Trakanon's Teeth without dozens of adds, as an example. There are plenty of other ways though so it wouldn't be a chip off my shoulder.
  4. Punchu Augur

I understand that the faceless peeps are bringing strings and instant gate pots. But a lot of people won't, and a crystallized pumice cast time beats gate.

Good Hunting.
  5. Miena Elder

Believe there's a mage summonable item with instant cast dispell as well. Was in the lvl 20-25 range I think.
    Wowjustwow likes this.
  6. Wowjustwow Elder

There are people in multiple guilds doing this. It seems more to be on an individual level though.
  7. tuttles Augur

HS key already not MQable, Could make the chok prod no trade. (possibly no destroy like they did with medallion pieces on phinny)

As well as flag Chancellor Di'zok / VKR / Rotting Skeleton / Pained Soul / an Angry Goblin / Warlord Skargus -- as Rare > latest patch would likely result in them being Immune to Charm/Blur/Highsun

Kill its trade value - should chase off some of the poor behavior that comes with RMT, although it would likely reappear at the next easy high value /tradeable item for RMT

**I realize its not all due to people that RMT, but just tactics surrounding competition for people trying to gain access to HS/VP... Even through Velious though Prod & Ring of Bathezid camps were contested for Platinum/Krono**
  8. Cannan Journeyman

fac
    Faceless is bringing puppet strings and insta gate pots and still losing to insta-dispell clickies and epic mage pets
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

I was there for the first keys and yes you can beat the insta charm but its flat out not a solo camp. You see a lone enc show up? Pass out click sticks. Have other ppl load dispel.

Form a line and band the lone ppl together. It works. Our group was the first in and the key was brutal to get. But the strategy is pretty straightforward. And if you're doing this solo then the only strategy is to charm grief.

During the weekend at times the mob was a 1 cast fight but I've been back to help friends and there is time to fight. Just be prepared to interrupt and dispel.
  10. Buddi Elder

On Phiney, I spent over 80 hours camping the Ancient Jarsath with no success. Most of that time was spent camping the mob, and being first to engage the mob, only to have the mob stolen from me after much time invested. It was almost always a Druid had both the tracking ability and the ability to win DPS races. They usually sold the drop in auction immediately after "winning" the DPS race.

Every DPS class would like you to believe that a DPS race is the only "honorable" way to fight for a mob. As a non-DPS class, I call "Total BS". If this were the case, an enchanter who considered himself honorable, would never get that mob.

Oh, BTW, after 80 hours of "playing nice" as you would define it, I got my drop...by charming and gating, taking it from a farming Druid.

As far as Agnarr goes, glad I am not raiding there. Good luck fellahs.
  11. MaxTheLion Augur

Mind you, sounds like you were just doing it wrong as an Enchanter. Charm Foloal Stormforest and have some fun. Sure, your nukes take forever to cast and the fight wouldn't be long enough to have the DoT be super effective but to say you can't put out DPS is silly.
  12. Protocol Dragon Defender

The nine prods we got yesterday says otherwise ;)
  13. Cannan Journeyman

every person on this server that is not a charmer carries around a pumice stone.
  14. MaxTheLion Augur

Ever person on *that* server has learned from previous instances. Keep in mind Phinigel is where the big boys played and started all the mess. VP keying has been adjusted a lot compared to the Thunderdome that it was.
  15. Nolrog Augur

If you can't get a froglok forager/hunter without dozens of adds, then you're doing it wrong.
  16. Green_Mage Augur

They should just stop it with the bottlenecks on ground spawns and key mobs with long spawn times. Why not make it so the chokidai prod spawns once every 10 minutes? How about ground spawns every 5 mins?

What is really to be lost here?

Charm gating probably should be fixed, I suppose. But I can't help but think the problem is mostly some of the kunark bottlenecks on a popular server.
    nostalgicfool likes this.
  17. Buddi Elder

Max, max max....so an enchanter by your estimation can only be one of two things...a cheater or incompetent....get over yourself. Facts are facts, a solo enchanter has no chance at that spawn without charm/gate.
  18. MaxTheLion Augur

I'm saying you either had luck or weren't playing to your full potential. Whether you chose to charm/gate it is none of my business since I don't care. You succeeded in the end and isn't that all that matters? I don't know what else to tell you. One of the top raiding guilds on your server had a solo Enchanter farming a few AJ's for members by charming Foloal during the races. Facts are facts are facts are facts.
  19. Paralyze Journeyman

I... kinda said that.
  20. kanen New Member

The simplest solution would be to make charm break when a player casts gate.
    Wowjustwow likes this.