Charm + Gate needs to go away

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dilf, May 3, 2019.

1. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Jesus Christ, Holly Longdale, casuals shouldn't see Nagafen or AC? Exactly what kinds of scraps are you willing to allow your players to have? This is seriously your vision for this game?
  2. its_a_secret Journeyman

Unless code that "taps" the mob based on first to engage is built within the code, similar to how world of warcraft and other mmos auto claim first to engage for your raid / group / single player, I don't see an alternative. They don't have the staff to police first to engage.
  3. Amoxan New Member

This happened to me over a week ago and I was sadly disappointed that there was nothing done to resolve it. I spent hours and hours on a camp and the named never respawned.
    Since then I have been on the forums alot seeing if other people have the same issue. I'm surprised how much this charm gate tactic is done to players.

By doing nothing Daybreak is condoning it Simple as that. These players are allowed to steal, harass and monopolize parts of this game and its sad. These players feel empowered and even more bold daily.
    Daybreak's lack of addressing this only encourages and enlightens these people because you can bet they are reading these forums too waiting for the hammer to fall.
    And make no mistake they are stealing from you even with the no camp rule is in effect. They are stealing the time you invested in working that camp, killing the trash and the place holders. And your time is a currency no one can replace when time is gone its gone.

As players your guilty of not making an enchanter to defend yourself with or not convincing 20 friends to sit and hold a camp with you so another group with more dps can't just come in and take it from you.

Daybreak doesn't respect camps but the quests in this game demand you maintain a camp and farm the quest spawns if you ever want to complete many of the quests in this game

Maybe change the rules of conduct to say "in this game your on your own, Everquest is the Westworld of MMO's. Players can and will steal your camps charm your mobs away and bot control whole zones you may need for quests play at your own risk and welcome"

I keep hoping Daybreak will do something to address this. Either increase rare spawn times, change the charm/gate trick etc. Or maybe just make everything PVP which I hate but at least you could nuke the heck out of the person charming your mob as they do it instead of trying to dispel them and their buddy as they stack buffs and gate
  4. Tullian Journeyman

Dispel isn't much help either when a bard charms it and runs off bard speed. Why they cant just make named, quest and progression NPC's uncharmable but I guess that would be like asking them to fix raid zones like VT where raids drop off the wall behind the temple at the very top so they can get to raid bosses like fake aten, center blob or so they can drag mages to the diablo/thalls then have a cleric rez them from above world and on top of the temple where they drop down in the little crack to get to the other two blobs or to Atens room instead of clearing in like it was intended
    Dilf likes this.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Flag rares uncharmable.

Flag the common grief mobs.

It doesn't solve everything, but you never heard of effreeti being charm gated.
  6. Grailer Augur

Guys by fixing charm you are just making me have to use membur on the mob while my box is casting nuke in split second perfect timing that only can be done by non casual gamer. All your kronos is mine.
  7. code-zero Augur

He's got a point you know...
  8. Hadesborne Augur

See, here is where your argument fails. Memblurring mobs to steal has been shown to be a method of harrassment akin to training. Your are negatively affecting the aggro meter of the target and therefore getting players, other than the tank, hit by the mob when their nukes/spells land before the tank can re-aquire aggro. This may get those players killed (proven in Seru on praetorians) and players have been banned for these tactics.

Charm gating/CoHing/Bard running etc warps the mob to the player. This is a BLATANT abuse of the pet warp to player mechanic that was put in place to avoid pathing issues. Therefore, it is an abuse of pathing and should be PUNISHABLE just like bug abuse. "Abuse of game mechanics other than intended" is the wording I seem to remember.
  9. Tullian Journeyman

They made it so you couldn't memblur the goats in Qvic so why not other rares or mini's?
  10. Hadesborne Augur

There, I just bug reported this garbage as an abuse of pathing.
  11. Dilf Augur

You are preaching as if people like me don't know this. I keep DMF on me at all times, and dispel is ALWAYS loaded on my bar. The enchanter in question literally sits AFK on the druid ring spot, and wherever the AC spawns, he magically comes to life and knows where it's at every time. When the AC gets charmed, he sprints away like Usain Bolt. This is all nonsense.

All I have left to do is find out where he binds.
  12. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Making named mobs uncharmable is one solution. There are all kinds of uncharmable mobs currently in existence for various reasons. Plane of Earth comes to mind as one example. It's a simple flag that can easily be turned on or off. It would take a modicum of effort to do this.

Another thing, one roving covert GM hired to investigate these RMTers could fix the problem entirely. Once the word gets out that it's a bannable offense it's game over for these cretins and they would have to get a real job in the real world instead of destroying the play experience for all of us.

Let's not forget that TLP servers like Mangler require an All Access Pass and are in essence PREMIUM servers. We are paying to be here and we should all expect PREMIUM customer service -- nothing less.

It's time for DBG to get serious. What little credibility they have is quickly evaporating.
    discordkitty and Amoxan like this.
  13. Amoxan New Member

I could not agree with you more Brontus,

There are a lot of great posts here and I really hope Daybreak starts to look at this issue.

Yesterday in game chat I saw this topic rear its head and someone stated that DBG will never fix it because people are forced to buy Krono to quests these farmers have marketed so DBG has a financial interest in not fixing it

I only state it here so DBG can see what some people in the game believe is one of the reasons this isn't being addressed.

Increase spawn rates on progression, make named mobs uncharmable, or remove the gate away with the mob aspect please Daybreak
  14. LittleBrumski Augur

Sounds like making charm break on a gate (and later CotH) would help some.
  15. phaeril Augur

And rez, and running fast, and mob summon... really should just take enchanters out of the game.
  16. phaeril Augur

And bards, druids, necros...
  17. LittleBrumski Augur

Not sure what you're getting at here. You think making charm break on gate is asking too much? It wont stop all charm stealing, but anything that makes it harder is a step in the right direction.
  18. omgomg Lorekeeper

this guy's name is a spice. so if you see him in oot, you know who to look out for

there really isnt anything you can do, even dispel will fail. you dispel and instead of re-charming, he nukes and does over half of its remaining health and wins.

really need for dbg to step up and make him uncharmable, as well as make charm break on gate
    Dilf likes this.
  19. code-zero Augur

Since making charm break on gate would affect play on live servers it's very unlikely that they'll do that. Better to ask for changes that they actually might make instead
  20. Xanathol Augur

Is crystalized pummice not an option?