Charisma?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DuchessElindra, Dec 6, 2015.

1. DuchessElindra Elder

What is the effect of Charisma for enchanters on TPL?
    I know on live there was a time when it did nothing and I know on real classic it did drastically influes on the chance for charm to break (and lull to critical fail) up to 200 cha.
  2. Zansobar Augur

Affects the price for items at merchants?
  3. Tronk Augur

I rate charisma pretty low for my enchanter. I rarely miss having it, and it comes up pretty fast with gear since nobody else wants it and some cheap/easy items have lots of it.

I prefer stamina, int, and agi.
  4. Zhama Elder

There is a cha check for chanter charm, as well as a resist check. It makes your charms last longer.
  5. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

6. DuchessElindra Elder

It was that way in classic (to Velious, that I know off) but I'v read it was changed.
    Do we know how accurate is it today? How accurate is it on TLP?
  7. Indore Journeyman

Do not ignore charisma as an enchanter. You want it above 200 buffed up at 50.
  8. nicemace Journeyman

ask a cleric how annoying it is to have their pacify resisted over and over and over again vs a ench.
  9. Silv Augur

The cap for CHA making a difference for Enchanters is 255. It affects rolls on Mez, Pacify, and Charm.

Despite what people have posted in the past. I do not believe CHA affects Blur.

Regardless, *nothing* over 255 (including hCHA which has ZERO affect on any Enchanter stuff) matters.
  10. Iyvy Augur

Enchanter stats a guide:

Charisma has some value. Charisma reduces charm breaks, which reduces damage taken and increases damage dealt, as well as saving you time on recharming/healing and giving you more medding. You take damage as an enchanter so this will save you from that and improve the maximum you can safely buff your pet.

Charisma affects prices only up to something stupid low, i forget but it was like 120, so low that just incidentally from gear as an Enchanter you will be way above the max prices. Charisma increases your damage, reduces down time, and makes you safer and more effective.

However, the effect is relatively minor, and when things go wrong, and your charm breaks, and your mezzes break, and you have a problem, charisma will not save you. Charisma will not stop you from being rooted or nuked, it will not prevent a mob that you aggroed from solo resists from sticking to you and killing you. As such for absolute value for an Enchanter AC and stamina and MR are all superior to Charisma.

Also MR reduction (tashing) is way way more power than Charisma. Charisma does not effect mez.

It improves pacify a fair amount, but pacify very rarely fails and you can just mez aoe after a pacify if you fail. You should always load aoe stun/mez when pacify pulling. Pacify is more for rapid dungeon crawling through see invis/ mixed mobs.

As an enchanter I would prioritize

Focus effects > hp/stamina > ac > mr > cha <> int/mana for soloing and grouping.

Before C mana and int will be more important to you but after C you are constantly regening at all times and rarely will you be sitting at your max mana or at 0 mana. Mana has less weight than the other pure casters. In general focus effects are always the most power thing you can have. Focus effects reduce 5% per level after the recommended level.
    Tronk likes this.