Character that cannot be promoted in guild.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Balthozzar, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Balthozzar Elder

I was trying to promote my wizard to senior officer from officer, and it wasn't working. I tried from my warrior (separate account) who is a senior officer, my guild leader logged in and tried it, and nothing worked. Exited the game, everything. We were both able to promote other characters, including one on the same account as my wizard. Is there something that someone needs to do to fix my character now?
  2. Ghubuk Augur

Was he online when you tried to promote him?
  3. Balthozzar Elder

I tried both online and offline. I was able to promote other characters, again, both online and offline.

I should also note that my guild leader accidentally demoted him from Officer to Senior Member and wasn't able to promote him back. :mad:
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Have you tried disbanding him from the guild entirely and then re inviting him and then promoting ?

Perhaps delete and reinstall his character ini files in case he has a bug. But stick a copy on the desktop first so you can reinstall that if needed.

May have to just live without him being a leader (aren't guilds limited to 3?) DBG policy is hands off guild issues so no recourse with a petition.
  5. Balthozzar Elder

I don't know if there is any data in the guild file about when a character joined a guild, but if so, it would be Feb. 2000. :cool: So, I'd be fairly reluctant to try that, just on the principle that this wizard is my first alt going back 19 years in that guild. My main joined in December 1999, I think, which was about 2 months after The Nameless went up.

I'll try the character files first.

To clarify, he was an officer, and I wanted to make him a senior officer like my main character. There are a ton of non-active players that are officers where we have no idea who last used their accounts, so we wanted to limit permissions for certain things to senior officers that are pretty much all active people. Who is guild leader isn't particularly an issue right now. Unless there really can be more than one? Then it might be worth one of mine becoming a co-leader, but I thought that EQ only allowed one guild leader.
  6. Balthozzar Elder

I did end up removing him from the guild and re-inviting him. I was then able to promote him to Senior Officer like I wanted. Very annoying.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This bug has been around since they changed the guild manager back last year. It doesn't effect all chars and there seems no reason for the ones it does effect. Deguilding and inviting back has always fixed it for us.