Character Slots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by JPete, Mar 4, 2016.

1. JPete Lorekeeper

Anyone know how many character slots you can have?

I have 11, but can't remember what I did to get it.
  2. Vdidar Augur

I have no clue what the max number is but you can buy tokens in the marketplace. Maybe even loyalty points work. Not sure on that though.
  3. Zamiam Augur

iirc: you can have 14 total ..
    access to 8 toons with gold account
    you can buy 3 total from marketplace which brings it to 11
    you can purchase 3 from loyalty vender in PoK bringing total to 14..
    can only buy/purchase a total of 3 character slots thru each marketplace and loyalty 6 slots you can buy
    Faana likes this.
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Theoretically 16 is the limit, but you can't get that many now since the final 2 aren't available anymore:

8 base
    3 Marketplace
    3 Loyalty
    2 All Access (Legacy).

I have 17 for some reason I don't know why.

I did hear a rumor of a bug some years ago where people gained extra slots because they had characters on both servers during a merge and instead of losing access to some of them it granted them extra slots, but I don't know if that is accurate.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Enkel like this.
  5. Brohg Augur

16 would be a good achievable max; there being 16 classes would have a nice symmetry
    Kaenneth, Wdor and Faana like this.
  6. Zamiam Augur

hmm 17 ? i would like to get a few more slots myself .. would be nice
  7. Faana Augur

One of my accounts has 15. I think it's because there was no limit on Dolls of Character early on. (Plus one for All Access.)
  8. Faana Augur

But in beta, there's 20. We could do 20 if they opened it up. My theory though, have one of each class on each account.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

All Access was 2 slots, and Dolls of Character have always had the 3 limit max. I know that because I bought 4 of them shortly after they were first released and had to have one refunded by CS when I found out 3 was the max.
  10. Nolrog Augur

+1 for being Beimeith. :p
  11. Brohg Augur

he took that one from a magician.
  12. Faana Augur

I got ONE for each All Access account. I prob. had 5 dolls before they stopped working.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No you didn't.

Also, I was mistaken about the name before. The name of the program was "Station Access" which was then renamed into "All Access" when they changed the program.

It gave you +2 EQ slots, +4 Vanguard slots and +5 EQ2 slots

https://www.everquest.com/news/imported-eq-enus-50746.

Dolls only ever gave you 3 slots. If you purchased more and clicked them you would get a message you were at the limit. I know this because I had it happen to me so I had to petition it to have it refunded. If you really want to be proven wrong a second time I'll dig through my logs for the exact message it gives you if you try.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. Faana Augur

Then, how do you explain odd numbered slot accounts if all dolls and market and All Access were used? I know for sure that just before they discontinued it, they were only giving ONE slot for All Access.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

In my case specifically, I was bugged somehow. I had 11 slots prior to the introduction of the dolls and marketplace and I never even had Station Access back then. I assume it has to do with the rumored bug I mentioned before, but I really don't know what caused it.

You can see what flags your account has using this link after logging in:

https://account.daybreakgames.com/authenticated/cam/subscriptionDetails.action?gameCode=EQ
    • Character Slot: Loyalists of Norrath Purchase
    • Character Slot: Marketplace Purchase
    Are from marketplace / Loyalty (you only see 1 for each even if you have x3 of each).

I also have this:
    • In-Game Purchase: Additional Character Slot
    I'm not quite sure where that comes from but it might be the extra one.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I think that at one point in time they either had a higher limit or did not limit the number you could purchase from the marketplace. So you could purchase all 6 from the marketplace + the 2 from Station Access. Then they changed it to be limited to 3 when they introduced Loyalty Dolls of Character. When they made this change they didn't remove any of the marketplace bought ones, so those who had more than 3 bought from the market got to keep the extras.

If that's wrong, a couple of the alternatives that I can think of would be that either it was given some year as a beta reward or there was a year at FanFaire when they gave out character slots to attendees.
    Faana likes this.
  17. Faana Augur

Right! I know I got 4 from Dolls of Character but Beim says I didn't. :p
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I know you didn't. Day 1 I tried to do that exact thing because nothing else on the loyalty vendor was worth it to me, but it didn't work. 100%.
  19. Faana Augur

I know for a fact we're not on the same server.
  20. Abazzagorath Augur

Yep. Not sure why the guy thinks he did 4 that way. You couldn't, never could.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.