Character select option request [With mockup!]

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iila, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

This is an awesome idea. Another change that should be implemented is a link in the "Your email address has been changed" email... is a link that immediately reverts that change. Right now that email just tells you it's changed, and if a nefarious person changes your email address and password you have little hope of getting things back under your control.
    Elricvonclief, Iila and Smallpox like this.
  2. Scila Augur

nicely done and extremely well laid out and explained ... has my support
  3. Iila Augur

4. Kellaer Augur

BRB, renaming my main to Dontliterallymovemetofv.
  5. Kendoll Journeyman

Very nice. Yes please.
  6. Noirfu Augur

I like this but 30 days would be even better. What if you're on vacation or something and don't check your character for a couple of weeks?
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Would be nice though with the exception of us that just want to be ultra secure its really for those who share their account info. My only concern is how many resources get taken up creating it? Hopefully something like this would be easy to create.

Be interesting to hear if DB have concerns about implementing something like this that are other then financial.
  8. Laronk Augur

This adds the opposite problem, if you share with someone in your guild and they want you to never leave they could click lock 100 times.
  9. Roxxanna Augur

Genius, love it.
  10. Verily Tjark Augur

What?

Hey good job Lila.
    Silv likes this.
  11. Qulas Augur

This might be the best idea you've ever had Illa, I'd love to see this implemented.
    Mintalie and -----Cinexa----- like this.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Agreed. Plus, everyone loves visual aids!
    Mintalie likes this.
  13. Fllint Elder

I'm amazed Qulas finished this sentence without saying literally.
    Kuvani, Mintalie, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  14. Arwyn-RoV Augur

This is a start. We still would be better served by a 2FA solution that poked us for permission anytime a dangerous action is attempted on a character.

The developers have worked very hard on EverQuest for a long time. They should do a bit more to protect the players time invested. Its frightening how close to oblivion each and every one of our characters are.
    Elricvonclief, Yinla and Motherlee like this.
  15. Stubar Augur

There were "literally" no kittens killed in the making of thread.
    Fllint, Mintalie, Iila and 1 other person like this.
  16. Nolrog Augur

You should PM this to JChan or Hludwolf, so they can see it.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  17. Moobak No slaughter without laughter

This is a pretty good idea. I like it as well.
  18. Mintalie Augur

Fixed it for you, Fllint. ;)
    Fllint likes this.
  19. Dorigen Lorekeeper

Terrrible idea!!!
    Zek gets 1 new person a week because of this!!! This means people wont get "stuck" on red anymore from an old friend?? =/

-All jokes aside I love the idea we really need this on Zek aswell, plenty of trolls to go around.
    --Great idea mate!! I hope Daybreak can get around to adding this feature.
  20. Zaph Augur

Shareing accounts with people is a good reason to have your account go "wrong", just dont do it unless you trust them enough not to mess around