Character Select Issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Avitaway, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Avitaway New Member

Hi there,

I have decided to give EQ another go after being away for around 12 months, I currently have a Silver Subscription but when trying to log into my characters I get a message saying "The Server is not Responding" then it goes back to server select, upon logging back into the server it also says I have a character logged in and it needs to log that out first. I was able to log into each character once and now I cannot log into any of them.

I have tried removing my UI settings for every character as well as the eqclient.ini but I still cannot get past the character select screen.

Any help is appreciated....
  2. TSR-AlexS Augur

Sounds like it may not be connecting to our servers successfully. For troubleshooting purposes, try bypassing your router and plugging directly into your modem. Run the game as administrator and let us know if this helps!
  3. Avitaway New Member

I do not have a modem for my broadband connection, I am on Sky Broadband in the UK and you have to connect the provided router to enable internet connection.

I was able to get in again earlier on but now I have the same problem again, I have tried this on another PC and seem to have the same issue there as well.

I have disabled my firewall and tried setting the program to run as administrator but still the problem remains. I have just signed up to Gold incase it was an issue with me having 6 characters but that has made no difference.
  4. Geroblue Augur

I have over 50 characters on this account, so the number cannot be it.
  5. Avitaway New Member

Well I am beyond being frustrated now, I have removed my McAfee Security Suite, and spent so many hours trying to get this to connect to the servers now it is unreal and still I get kicked from the server, I have tried LOTRO and have no issues and GW2 also has no problems so I cant see how this can be anything to do with my PC or Broadband.

Think I will just go and play something that works..... Pretty disappointing :(
  6. TSR-AlexS Augur

I'd recommend submitting a support ticket with your Dxdiag and Msinfo so we can further troubleshoot your issue. You can PM either TSR SeanF or myself so we can follow up on it!