Character screen error on login

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Leifer, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Leifer Augur

After today's patch when I try to log in with any of my accounts I get the message at the character select screen:

"It took xxx seconds to load your characters, it is possible one or more failed to load. Please contact Customer Service if one of your characters is missing"

Then the game locks and I have to task manager quit the application.

Thoughts?
    bustachymez likes this.
  2. bustachymez New Member

My internet disconnected, and my bard died. waiting for the internet to come back he zoned I guess to his spawn point. Now I can't even login on him, I just get the removing character from world message and it just sits there. Kinda pretty pissed off considering I just created him yesterday and made it heroic.
  3. Leifer Augur

Issue still unresolved and I haven't heard back on my ticket. Things I have tried:
    - Running verify assets utility
    - made sure GPU driver is up to date
    - Roll back last Windows 10 updates
    - Uninstall EQ & Re-install EQ

Shouldn't be modem/router as I can log in just fine on my little backup laptop on wifi on the same internet. I'm not running any "programs" as I box the old fashioned way on one PC by tabbing over. Game worked just fine for years before the last EQ patch and last Windows 10 updates.

Game connects, server select works fine - it only hangs up on character select screen where it gives the message I posted at the top. From there it locks and I have to close out via task manager.

I heard that deleting the .ini files might work, but don't those get deleted after uninstalling/re-installing EQ?
  4. KC13 Augur

Not sure if this is a related error, but prior to this last patch my chars were loading and camping just fine. A previous patch had fixed my long loading problems. NOW, after this patch I am back to SLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW loading. Much, much worse than before. So bad in fact I now play very little.