Fixed Internally Character Creation is failing on Miragul

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Skuz, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Create a character, attempt to log in to the feerott

Client crashes, no characters on character select upon relogging in.

Something's not working.
    Kragin and Yinla like this.
  2. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

2 characters, both go through the creation process, load into Ferrott then disco so the system can convert it into a lvl 85. Game then crashes, I come back and no chars on the account on the server. I make a second one, different class different name, same thing.
  3. Xanathol Augur

Verfiied - same thing happening here across multiple accounts.
  4. Eangel Elder

If only they had a way to test this process before they opened up the server..
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Same problem here
  6. Stryph New Member

My guess is, it's being caused by this: "Because character creation is particularly taxing on the zone servers and all new players start in the same zone, we will likely restrict the number of active players on the server to a smaller number in order to keep the load manageable."

So, they know character creation is taxing on the zone server, but decided to start EVERYONE in the same zone. Because....reasons?
    Xanathol likes this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I hope my attempts at making a character didn't lock out the name...
  8. Xanathol Augur

You can resubmit a character creation request with the same name, so it looks like the entire process is rolled back on this failure. :(
    Benito likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Tried making the same char 4 times now, each time I get booted zoning into Feerrott and the char isn't there when I log back in.

And now there is a queue. /sigh
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well, have to hand it to DayBreak, that authentic server opening feel is in full effect, the nostalgia is tangible.
  11. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

Wow tell me those censored didn't make everyone start in dream feerrott zone lol
    Normal progression servers are already bad at launch, let's ditch starting cities to spread people around and instead pick just one starting zone :rolleyes:
    Riggles and Xanathol like this.
  12. dreamweaver Community Manager

We are aware of this issue and it is currently being investigated.
    Skuz, -----Cinexa----- and Saints like this.
  13. Derd Augur

Like how? Offer free heroics on test only if you log in at a certain time, and pray hundreds would do it?
  14. Derd Augur

Because all heroics start in new feerot.
  15. dreamweaver Community Manager

Miragul is currently locked while the issue is investigated.
    Skuz and -----Cinexa----- like this.
  16. alcoloc New Member

How is it always fail to test creation before launch it's mind boggling to me
    Xanathol and Dagenfehl like this.
  17. Riggles Journeyman

On the VERY FIRST TLP, I forget it's name I believe ROI rolled through it like a knife on butter as expacs were opened as soon as current content was defeated. ANYWAY, on that server, a week before launch, they opened up the character creation for a couple of hours so people could reserve their toon names. In retrospect, this was genius as it alleviated a lot of pressure on the server once it did open.
    Yinla, Xanathol and Skuz like this.
  18. Dagenfehl Journeyman

Credit to DBG for not having login issues, looks like you may have improved this time... This is the first Heroic server to launch so you get a pass this time around. Though it should have been tested prior to release; At least one of the devs had to have thought of making a new character once to test it.
  19. Eangel Elder

I'll assume you have never set up a test environment and take this as a serious question.

1. Create a test server(cloning server is doable as we have seen in the past) for internal testing.
    2. Test said server and see what happens when you create a character with existing scripts/programming in place.
    3. Fix any bugs present.
    4. Repeat 1-3 till bugs are resolved.

I won't speculate if this was a intermittent issue, but from what has been said on the boards and the Miragul discord, everyone was having this issue, but praying might not be a bad idea.
    Kywen likes this.
  20. dreamweaver Community Manager

Miragul is unlocked and should be accessible to players now.
    Saints likes this.