Character bind points showing up as 'Not Found'

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Igorath-Bertox, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Igorath-Bertox Elder

When I type /char I get:
    Origin Location: Rivervale
    Bind Points: The Plane of Knowledge, Not Found

I now have 2 character that this is happened to. The person (GM) I talked to tried to reset the starting city but it didn't work on the first character. I'm worried the account data is becoming corrupt and someone really needs to look into this before it gets serious. I'm a casual player but I can just imagine the hard core raiders losing their progress due to this bug.
  2. GNOME_POWER Augur

Usually, if you petition, it should be fixed...
    (With a paying account of course)

Occasionally it seems that the origin point is in the wrong place.
    Once upon a time, some of my accounts also had their origin points messed up, but it was fixed after I petitioned them.
  3. Loup Garou De loop de loop

You "talked" to a GM? Are you on a TLP? Have not seen a GM on live servers to actually talk to in years!

The /set start city command that GM attempted was only usable one time and that was for returning accounts that were given Silver status got their home city mixed up or changed to Cresent Reach.

So if your a halfling then your starting city/Origin should be Rivervale which shows correctly on the first line. Not sure why the GM was trying to change that.

The slash command /charinfo lists all of your bind locations with the caveat that it will not list the zone name of a bind point index if that zone name matches the previous index's zone name. So if you have bound yourself in Plane of Knowledge then its possible you bound twice there and so is only showing one that is why the other is unknown.

Not sure what being a paid account has to do with this. Maybe the poster was thinking that paid accounts can set their start city on creation while F2P only get Cresent Reach.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

See if /setstartcity does anything for you.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He said the GM tried that. Thought that would only reset the origin point anyway.

Am curious about this cause my first line shows Surefell Glade (as it should for my origin) and second line shows Guild Lobby (which is where I port to when I die unless I chose the zone I am in when offered a rez) and Qeynos Hills.

Not sure what Qyenos Hills is doing in there
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

This may not be an error. Some classes get more than one bind point. Your origin is rivervale, your first bind point is pok, and your second is not found. Maybe you never set your 2nd. What classes are they? Guessing Druid and Wizard.
  7. Raytan Augur

Not trying to imply this is not a bug. Just curious, was you secondary bind point an instance zone, Guild Hall, LDoN, HA, etc. I can't recall trying to bind in an instance for years, so not sure what kind of message you would get.
  8. Jedis Arch Mage

The second bind location on the "Bind points" line should be the newbie yard associated with your starting city. For example, wood elves, high elves, and half elves that start on Faydwer have their second bind point set to Greater Faydark. Froglok has Rathe Mountains, Trolls are Innothule Swamp, Dark Elves are Nektulos, etc.
    Silvena likes this.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

What happens if you use your origin aa?
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

The LAST location should be the newbie zone. In this case Misty Thicket.

Bind Loc 1 = Bind spell/soulbinder
    Bind Loc 2 = Mark of Travel
    Bind Loc 3 = Guidestone
    Bind Loc 4* = Starting city newbie zone

* Loc "4" is always at the end of the bind location list. As classes with more possible blind locations unlock them, it keep moving out but is always at the end.
    Svann2 likes this.
  11. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

That's where you respawn as a newly rolled character without a bind point set via spell.

If it didn't have a value, you would crash if you died and never had someone bind you (this is predating soul binders.)

It needed a value so it had a default put in. This really shouldn't affect OP in any way, but it is just a thing.
  12. Igorath-Bertox Elder

okay I forgot I made this thread, no email alerts received but to answer your questions:

Gnome Power: At the time I requested help and they thought it was just a /setstartcity problem I was told they couldn't fix it until the account was all access as at the time it was silver/ftp. I went all access and that when we found out it wasn't a /setstartcity problem. It didn't do anythign except put the 1st characters bind point back to where it was when it was created but didn't remove the 'Not Found' error.

Loup Garou: Sorry I call them GMs but I guess they should be called CSR or CSA and I talked to them through repeated tickets/petitions.

Soulbanshee: It doesn't. I actually went all access because they told me they couldn't do a /setstartcity with a silver/ftp account status.

CatsPaws: It might show Qeynos Hills because that the starting point of a newbie character of half elf or human druid/ranger type but I am just guessing. My halfling show origin point of Rivervale (city) and Misty Thicket (newbie starting zone), or did. Someone has answered a bit more clearly on that in the thread.

Svann2: The first character for this to happen to was an Enchanter. The second was a Rogue. To my knowledge neither have a secondary bind point. The third one which brought me (back) to the forums is a Druid and does have a secondary bind point followed by a 'Not Found'. This happened after I started this thread as i used it as comparison for the rogue (halfling rogue and halfling druid). As for what happens when I use origin, on the first one (enchanter) whose start city was set to Crescent Reach even thought it was created in 2004, long before TSS expansion was a thought, prior to going all access and my using /setstartcity it would go to CR instead of Ak Anon. The rogue however would still goto Rivervale right in front of the GM as normal. Haven't tried the druid yet.

Raytann: The first two don't have secondary bind points and the third recent one (druid) secondary bind point is in Plane of Growth and is listed in its /char info. None have any binds in instances zones like you mentioned.

Update: Incase you ';tldr' I now have a third character suffering from the 'Not Found' error, a Halfling Druid. The /char Info is:

Origin Location: Rivervale
    Bind Points: Plane of Knowledge, The Plane of Growth, Not Found

Not found should say 'Misty Thicket' as I was using it to see what the Halfling Rogue's /char info should be. This has happened in the last 2 weeks (give or take a day) as I checked it when I created this thread. Also I might just be paranoid or mistaken but I have been noticing things missing from these character's inventory that I swore I had previously. I don't believe they were marked Temporoary. This might be part of the problem or it might just be me being mistaken. What has me annoyed is the CSRs just tell me to use the /bug report feature. Well if my character game files are getting corrupted then I'd like a bit more of a response than what we get from that. I've taken to using the "/outputfile inventory characterINV.txt" command when I remember.

Thanks for reading this.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's Misty Thicket. The original Misty Thicket which is no longer used and doesn't exist anymore, so it defaults to "Not Found." When Misty Thicket was revamped, every class that had a newbie bind point set was supposed to be updated to the new zone, but due to reasons some characters didn't get it.