Character already online bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by lolans, Oct 24, 2020.

1. lolans Master

I have noticed for little more then a month a new glitch. One time I hit the wrong sever to load to character select screen, the server had no characters on it, so I back out to sever select and clicked the server I wanted and it said I already had a character online and can only have 1 do I want to remove. Weird as I did not have any toons on the server. Now when I back out a second time to server select and do this again, same thing happens.
    now upon backing out a 3rd time to server select, now I get unable to verify account information and it takes me out to the old log in screen, and I have to re run patcher again to log into EQ.
    Tried to figure out the pattern, it does not matter server, if you log into character select and back out to server select 2 times, it will give u the unable to verify account and boot u out to old log in and then you have to re run patcher.
    Wulfhere, Rondor, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

this has been happening to me too, as I swap back and forth between Cazic and Luclin recently.
  3. Rondor Augur

I have experienced this as well the last month or two or three.

I have been able to avoid the issue by using "/camp server" to go straight from the online character to the server select screen, rather than /camp to character select then ESC or quit to server select.

Otherwise I get the same as above: camp to char select, ESC to server select, choose another server, get "character is logged in", wait for timeout, login to new server and character. Then do it again, but this time get booted to the old login screen and have to logout and re-run everquest.exe patcher.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I reported this as a bug on September 7th

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...into-a-world-server-from-this-account.270056/

Another player reported it as a bug on August 22nd

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...l-have-character-showing-as-logged-in.269781/

A Dev replied to that earlier thread:

The devs may have simply forgotten about it since neither of those posts were flagged, if they are going full-bore on expansion development that's not surprising.

My main concern when I reported it was that if the server is not clearing characters out of memory properly that this could be impacting server performance.
  5. lolans Master

Well hopefully this bug gets some love in the future, as I also like to go between my 2 favorite severs. and re running patching all the time gets a little annoying.
    Thanks for the links to previous reports Skuz, More info the better!