Character account to account transfers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by EmsElf, Jun 25, 2022.

1. EmsElf New Member

How many remember character account to account transfers? I do! I have inquired about this a few times and get to no, we currently have no plans to ever bring this back. WHY? I have had to quit playing my first character from back in 2001, she was made in honor of my brother that has since passed away, but because she is on the same account as my now main... I can't ever play her. I could understand if people were transferring on character after another because of how I know many toons were sold back in the day.. but a once in the lifetime per account thing? Who is that actually hurting?
    Who else would love to be able to do this? I miss my girl and really would pay to have her transferred to another account. She has true sentimental value to me as she reminds me of all my good memories of Everquest back in day with my now deceased brother.
    Help me get EQ and now Daybreak to bring this back!
    Thanks for reading as well as any help and suggestions on how to get this done!
    Ems
    PatCleric, Leerah, Mesil and 2 others like this.
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I think this is thread 10,000 on this.

Not happening.

Something something RMT character sales vs DPG actually making money on heroics (and krono sales fueling PL sessions)

Now to sell a character RMT it must be the entire account, which carries substantial risk as with a valid original email that account can be taken back by the original owner and leave the purchaser out in the cold.

I personally wish they're let us MERGE accounts or set up Parent level accounts like WoW has. If it's billed to the same source so all characters associated with the same name. address and card should be able to.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

DBG has chosen not to offer this service. For whatever reason

You have chosen not to play that character. For whatever reason

Many of us have multiple characters on the same account that we rotate around. :)
  4. Lingum Elder

Not having worked for SOE, I can only speculate, but it was likely a manual and time consuming process to pull off. Probably not cost effective at a rate that would sell.
    Stymie likes this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Had the original EQ dev team and Smed envisioned the staying power of EQ I am sure they would have done some things differently. Such as set up player account data in a way that allows features like account to account transfers, parent accounts, etc.

That's not how it went, unfortunately. Take solace in knowing you're not alone in this predicament. Many of my EQ friends have passed and I would love a way to immortalize them in game.

This game is a special place, but not all things are possible - unfortunately. At least we still have a place to memorialize and remember so many who impacted us on our EverQuest journeys.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Squeaky wheel gets the grease, it'll never happen if we don't let them know there is still a demand for it.
    PatCleric, cadres and Leerah like this.
  7. Leerah Augur

I would do it for neatness sake. I try to have one of each class on every account. One account has two rogues on it!
    PatCleric and Wdor like this.
  8. Flatchy Court Jester

I wish they would do it again just so people would stop making threads about this crap. :rolleyes:

Delete the old character, make a new one with the same name.
    PatCleric and Nennius like this.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I suggest, do a name change on your main, make another account with same race class and name it your main... heroic it.
    I understand what you are saying.

Players used to buy toons on eBay... the game therefore stopped transfers.
    Now that there are tools to easilly level up a toon to 90, name changes are throuh DB not GM anymore.

It is just opening the door for plat sales. That will ruin the game. Idiots buying raid geared 120 toons attending raids would be the game end.
    They wouldn't know how to play the class.. players would be very upset.
    People would quit.

sorry for your story, situation. But you knew you can do my advice before.
  10. Shillingworth Augur

That was actually a problem in the past but those players either survived recruitment by learning to play their character or wound up looking for another guild when they demonstrated an inability to operate at expect level of play. Raid guild recruitment has always felt pretty chill to me but it's a lot more strict than you realize. We just don't think about how strict since any half decent player will meet those requirements without any major concerns. I say this as someone burned by such a person, the guy bought the character of a past friend, I "signed off" on sponsoring his recruitment and lost my privilege to do so for a little while.

Honestly I didn't even know they don't allow this anymore. Was considering having a char on my bro's account I sometimes play moved onto it's own account very recently as if it was still an option. Glad I just decided to level another similar character.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Heroic Characters are available
    Veteran AA no longer restricted by actual subscription time

Account to account Transfers have been rendered largely pointless unless you are looking to preserve their achievement score or keep some unusual hard to get items maybe.

I've deleted multiple characters who had rare items, expansion pack one offs, or who had specific achievements, not regretted any, but then I'm not a person who gets overly attached to things & prefers to live in the moment rather than the past.
  12. para New Member

I bet people would pay $50+ for an account to account transfer.
  13. Lingum Elder

Same. I have a 78 Paladin that originated on FV and hasn't been active since just after SOD, and now a level 120 one that came from Brekt. With the consolidation of Brekt into FV, now I have two Paladins on the same server. I wouldn't mind sending the mothballed Pally to my other account.
    Leerah likes this.
  14. Celephane Augur

I wish I could sort threads just by this subject... man that is fun and so pointless
    Leerah likes this.
  15. Paladin Augur

I recall it stopped due some sort of exploitation (i.e. people stealing other Players toons, or something)?

If they would simply establish some base line requirements (same server, same owner, same payment source....) and verifications (security notifications with time sensitive codes to enter?)... this seems like a very simply thing to do after that. All they would have to do is simply change what account the character is assigned to and nothing else (no guild wiping, fellowship wiping, house packing, etc.).

And charge $100 to cover any concerns of loss revenue from, as one person said, Heroic Characters sales, and so on.
  16. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Previous Account to Account Transfer Requirements:

CatsPaws likes this.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So what are you saying here Skrab? Other than reading stuff already posted I am lost.
  18. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Thanks, forgot to include the reason for including that quote.
  19. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Customer Service Tickets. You'll never see this happen again because of EQ cannot/will not staff for this. There's too many ticket possibilities for account to account transfers. Ex. "I was not aware my bank did not transfer." Now Daybreak feels obligated to re-do the transfer, which costs money and resources. It's not economically viable for EQ to offer this service and I'm fairly certain no one would want to pay the price they'd have to ask at this point to provide the service. The $50 example price earlier in the thread is probably way more low balling of cost to move the data than most realize. You're likely paying for a Developers attention, which jacks the price and takes that Dev away all from more important things that individual could be working in.

I do wish they'd just make a statement about this, so we can all move on with our lives and not have to read about this anymore. It gets players hopes up and continues to cause disappointment among those wanting to turn and alt into a box alt. "Take my money" simply doesn't apply here. They'll get your money when you pay for the heroic character and get leveling your new box. So just get to work and stop asking. :)
  20. Leerah Augur

"Suck it up" is bad customer service.

The transfer task should be easy to automate. People actually do HARD coding and it works right!