Chaotic Vortex in BoT broken

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Miark, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Miark Journeyman

I decided to go visit agnarr in BoT today and when I got the chaotic vortex up and tried the normal right click on him to port up a vendor window opened tried targeting and using U hailing noting worked to get ported up for the final fight any one else had this problem or know a fix for it?
    Dzarn likes this.
  2. Tobynn Augur

I killed Agnarr a few weeks ago, didn't have any problems. Vortex never showed me a merchant window; that's bizarre.
  3. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

I have been having this problem for 3 weeks now, ive been trying to do PoP progression for the heck of it. i got up there about a month ago and he wasnt up. Now everytime I try I meet the vendor problem
  4. Vmas Elder

Anyone said you need 6 ppl to click up?
  5. Tobynn Augur

I went up with just me and merc .. six bodies not required.
  6. Dzarn Developer

Looks like this was broken in our last patch. I'll try to make sure this fix gets into the next patch.
    (This particular bug happens to be one of the dumbest things in our code...)
  7. Draconic Journeyman

We tried to kill him in our guild raid tonight got the vendor bug, guess when they added a new class code they didn't think it would make normal mobs turn into vendors :p
  8. Vmas Elder

hm tryed it with merc, got only the red message, You hear the cracking of stones around you.
    Magical energies shoot through your body.
    Looks broken for me
  9. Tanulie Journeyman

Thanks for the update Dzarn. We have a few members needing the progression flag who will be looking forward to the patch.
  10. Dzarn Developer

Actually it's dumber than that...
    NPCs have a "body type" defined, which makes them things like elementals, constructs, animals, undead, werewolves, humanoids, etc...

One of these bodytypes is "Extraplanar Creature" which means it's an NPC that will death touch every 20-30 seconds but also be susceptible to the amazing bane damage of The Sword of Ssraeshza. The funny thing about "Extraplanar" is that if the NPC is also flagged as a merchant, instead of acting like a merchant they act like a right-click to teleport object.

The issue was that this dervish had its body type changed from extraplanar to elemental so he stopped acting like a teleporter and became a merchant with an empty list.

(The more you know...)
    Sheex, Axxius, IblisTheMage and 5 others like this.
  11. Falos Augur

Dzarn likes this.
  12. Lighteningrod Augur

Broken or not, thanks for sharing the inner workings. I, for one, find the behind the scenes of EQ interesting.
    Zarzac, IblisTheMage and Dzarn like this.
  13. Koutarou Elder

And all for the sake of saving a flag bit.
    Prathun and Dzarn like this.
  14. Draconic Journeyman

Thanks for that explanation, from a programmer point i can see why things like that happen, if npc = a do this, if it = b do this, if it is a+b do this... Saves on having to create another flag and just add a simple algorithm...

works great tell something like this pops up and the flags themselves get changed :)
    Dzarn likes this.
  15. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Ohhhhhhhh Dzarn.....I see this didn't make it in this weeks patch please slip it in next time. I know its kinda low priority but i'm having fun with PoP flagging and this is barring my path. Thanks
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

I have verified this on Xegony just now. Merchant with nothing to purchase.
  17. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Its back to working now. but of course ive messed up my PoP progro somewhere and have to now figure out where. Anyone have a good reference for PoP progro?
  18. Lighteningrod Augur

EQ has been around long enough almost anything you want to know can be Googled.
  19. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

Thanks for the obvious idea you troll.....you don't think i've tried? Yes i've found some useful sites but not a full guide or proper descriptions of the seers responses.
  20. Lighteningrod Augur

If you had bothered to read the posted link: "If you are unsure of where you are on this chart you can figure it out using the Seer Information."

#1 Google match for "planes of power seer responses"

#2 Google match for "planes of power seer responses"

My thoughts regarding your effort are irrelevant. It's obvious you didn't try.
  21. Myrdale Journeyman

I am working on my Conqueror achievements, and for Bastion of Thunder, I only have Agnarr left, who according to track happens to be up.

While I have had a great time working back through this zone over the last couple of days, I have just made it to the room before Agnarr.

When I hail Askr the Lost, the A Chaotic Vortex spawns. Right click and "U" simply cons the NPC as ally, it does not port me up.

Hailing Askr again spawns another, and then another. Watching them I got a little dizzy ><.

Anyone know if this is broken. I did find this thread from several years ago.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/chaotic-vortex-in-bot-broken.939/