Chaotic Entry <Zek> recruitment

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Sokon, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Sokon Augur

Events on Farm(NEW Status Updates here):
    5 Events in ToV/CoV ~ EW1&2, GD, Kael 1, Zlandicar

Full Thread Contents(PvP Uprising!!!):
    1. Main post, Chaotic Entry's recruitment post, a "this is what we are about" post
    2. *******1st thread reply, A letter to the Zek community, past and present********
    3. *****2nd thread reply, A letter(proposal) to all (2) Everquest raiding guilds*****

Zek: Everquest's PvP server. PvP ruleset is within 5 levels. Examples: a 111 can fight a 115, 110 can fight a 114, 86 can engage a 90, etc etc.

Server state: Low population of less than 100 at most times. Although recently - last 6 months or so - population has been significantly higher than it was from 2016-2019.

Chaotic Entry: One of two main Guilds on the server. Less than 30 mains in the guild. Mostly consisting of friends who have known each other from Zek over the past decade or more. A close knit group of people for the most part but now we are looking to do some raids and possibly add some that want to join our community and help enable us to do more.

Raiding on Zek: Raiding on Zek hasn't been a thing for years. There has been no real raiding of current expansion content on the Zek server since the plane of Fear/Hate revamps. At the moment their are 2 guilds(Ascending Dawn being the other) that are trying to do more than just be a group content only guild.

Guild/Zek PvP: The mass 50 on 50 on 50 PvP events of the past are gone and perhaps will never return. However our guild does consist of several players who have accumulated many thousands of kills on the server over the past 2 decades. In all, our members hold roughly 80% of all kills currently listed on the PvP boards. Some nights fights of up to as many as 6-8 adversaries at once will occur, with most fights usually being 1 vs 1 or 2 players.
    Typically, each of our members has atleast one alt character that they can PvP with or swap to for PvP, whether that's an alt druid, ranger, rogue, sk, necro, or warrior etc. The server killed off all Shaman, Cleric, and Paladin PvP mains long ago; Monks, Beastlords, Bards, Wizards, Magicians, Berzerkers and Enchanter PvP mains have also gone virtually extinct over the paste decade.
    The dying off of having atleast 2 main guilds(key component of a healthy Zek) on the server, coupled with the tendancy for many Zek players to have swapped to a top teir PvP burn class over the years have done virtually unrepairable harm to the atmosphere/environment necessary for a raid Guild to thrive and/or have a raid of characters anything close to the preferable Class ratio of any typical raiding guild.

We are working to change that tone that's existed on Zek since the fall of the Guild: Pandemonium

< Positives of playing on Zek > :

*Low playerbase meaning most all spawns/hunters etc in old world and even current expansion are uncontested or empty. You can pretty much do whatever you want at all times other than when PvP rarely occurs.
    **There is a 50% exp bonus on Zek at all times, and server transfer to(not from) Zek are free. I find the exp bonus feature nice for returning members to level fast, new players to level fast or even maxed AA players to gain banked AAs to blow glyphs all day, making it possible for most any character class to molo pretty much any named in the game other than CoV teir 2 with a dragon glyph on and just crush everything with no other help than from your merc.

< Persons who might enjoy the Zek server >:

* Returning players who have a lot of achievements from prior expansions they want to work/acquire; hunter, collections, progression AAs.
    ** Newer players who still lack thousands of AA's
    *** Previous Zek players who want to return.
    **** Players looking to try PvP or something new, bored of their current server.
    ***** The average Everquest enthusiast who is typically a hardcore raider, has most all content achievements done within a short number of weeks and their guild has raids on farm. They raid 1-2 nights a week and have nothing to do on the rest. They have fully geared multiple alts over and over again over the years, but virtually use them for nothing when they think about it. These alts could make fantastic Mains in either guild on Zek and give you something new and enjoyable to do the rest of your week.

< Things our guild can help you attain very shortly after joining >

Aquiring Jann's Veil, Icebound Ulthork familiar, Composite rank 4, Luminous Restless Ice rank 4, any crafted items/containers, current and previous expansion Rank 2 spells.

Current state of gear/outlook:
    Our guild for the most part is group geared and already entirely CoV T3 group craft complete with some members having 4, 5, 10 alts also completely T3 group craft complete. Other than camping the few augments that don't drop from the group missions and grinding group missions for currency for type 5's, there's not gonna be a whole lot to work on for the rest of the expansion for people that are all done with everything up through/past ToV. We have time and members willing to help you get that work done on your char to move it to the next level of damage, tanking, strength, prior achievement rewards etc. But also, we have time to try some raiding.

Guild Raiding:
    New. Chaotic Entry recently started attempting some raids in the past month or so and are still in the process of figuring out what events in the past several expansions we can beat. With a raid force consisting at this time of more boxed alts than mains, we are mostly focusing on events that are mainly tank and spank with little to no emotes needing to be followed. Our goal at the moment when it comes to past raids(EoK+) is acquiring Raid arms/legs for melee characters that have a better focus than group versions, acquiring higher pet focus earrings, some rank 3 spells and several other focuses.

Guild Management/Leadership:
    Our guild is run and managed by several people(not me) who have a long history in Everquest; raiding, PvPing and in general have a wealth of knowledge about many aspects of the game. Chances are if you have a question about something acquiring or achieving something, need something crafted, or help with something, you will receive that help or information in short time, right in guild chat. One thing in common with our members is a spirit of improving our team and helping each other. That trait is what we are looking for as well in others. An interest and like of PvP also helps. We aren't elitist a-holes that won't help answer a question, but your magelo doesn't matter here. Self centered, greedy or otherwise does-not-play-well-with-others should not inquire further. Attitude is what matters most.

Closing(If you don't read anything else, read this):

We aren't actively recruiting. Most/all guild members have so far been acquired through friends of friends, past pvp rivals turned allies; mostly known quantities or people that we were familiar with/guilded with in the past. There is no recruitment officer nor recruitment process. "Full Membership" is given immediately on joining. The process of being interested and joining will consist entirely of chatting with several people to see if you would be a good fit here or not. That may be entirely in game or a combination of that and on discord. If you have any interest you should contact someone in game and ask them questions about Zek, the guild, what things are like, any questions you may have.
    The guild does have a discord, newly made website and dkp page. We generally try some raids 1 night a week, most of the rest of the week is spent working on group stuff, gearing alts, old achievements, ToV ears, TBL chase loot evolving, raid luck aug farming, and on most days maybe a good hour of PvP in the evenings, more of that on weekends usually. Anyone with a good attitude, ability to work as a team member and communicate well with others would probably make a great addition to our small guild.

Raiding Schedule/Status:

Currently we are raiding one night a week(Friday) starting at 8 p.m. EST. We raid for several(3-5+) hours.
    Again we are only a few weeks into even trying any raiding, so we are not quite completely sure what events we want to do or put on farm yet. Recent examples to give you an idea of what we have tried/tested include beating droga and Prince in EoK, each on their first attempts and getting Zlandicar in WW down to 60%. So far, I think, we have only had 5 raid nights so it will be interesting to see what evolves over the coming months.

Current Requirements/Restrictions:

Everyone can have 1 Main character and unlimited alts. A main must be level 115.
    Although you can join us below level 115, non-level 115 "mains" will be considered on par with people's alts when it comes to loot.
    As far as "recruitment" or joining us goes; level, AA, gear, achievements etc don't matter, but if they matter to you, outside of the typical full raid gear grind, here is a good place to knock that stuff out.

signed ~ Sokonxx Takeo'Star, 130 Monk, Zek server

;tell zek.Sokonxx for more information or if you'd like to chat in game.
    Sokon#6454 in Discord.
    If you friend any time and when I click mutual servers "Everquest" I will know who/why.

Thanks
    Kierrah, Boneshear and Kiith like this.
  2. Sokon Augur

A healthy Zek.
    (A letter to previous and current Zek community members):

The key component to this server having a healthy and enjoyable PvP, Guild and general population components is: 2 Guilds.
    I strongly encourage any current Zek characters who are not members of either Ascending Dawn or Chaotic Entry to inquire about either joining them or us.
    Upon the merge of the Zek servers, many years ago, there were 4 strong raid forces. PvP battles were amazing and despite all you hear on these forums over the years about EQ PvP being trash, it is the most satisfying, rewarding and yet sometimes soul crushing PvP or teamplay experience I have ever had in a game.
    Unfortunately, over the years as all the raiding guilds died out, and more classes gained significant burn/one shot abilities things changed, eventually evolving into, what Zek was for many recent years; A COMPLETE CRAP FESTIVAL.

As less classes could get kills in PvP, were always targeted first, or no guild/support was available for backup or for group conent, virtually everyone who remained on the server resorted to making a new character, a new char with no achievements, no augmentations, NOTHING. Innate, instant kills. 0 achievements. Zero work put into progressing their character, instant PvP gratification. Trash PvP. No teamwork required whatsoever.

"I'm thinking about making another toon for PvP" Is how it always started out.

Rogues, Shadowknights, Rangers.
    Rogues, Shadowknights, Rangers.

These Necromancer corruption dots are GG!!!
    Rogues, Shadowknights, Rangers, Necromancers

Oh , the devs give absolutely no bucks? What's this Druid fire dot ticking for?
    Druids, Rogues, Shadowknights, Rangers ~ sorry Necromancers, bye!

Oh... I can ramp a whole group with rampage every 5 minutes killing everyone around me instantaneously with 1 button press?
    Druids, Rogues, Shadowknights, Rangers, Warriors

This sums up the entirety of the history of the Zek server for over the last 10 years, and especially the last 5.

As the combination of burn classes increased and other classes either left the server, quit playing altogether or swapped to a burn class as well; the entire Zek server devolved into and nearly still is complete garbage by most regards.

Any guilds that tried to reestablish themselves over the years, like Wudan did for a few years, weren't supported. Everyone was already used to flying solo. A raid guild needs class diversification, a real raid, this is an opportunity for the server. Nope, instead, what'd the server do? More Easy targets, FIRE!!!

For years, many years, all guilds on Zek that have formed and tried to make something happen, have gotten no support from the community. The entire server has a tendency to pick on whoever they see as the largest guild that might actually get something together and manage to drag one foot out of the gutter that is and has been Zek. A complete detriment to Zek ever getting close to where it was over a decade ago, but they don't care anymore.

Whether that's because they got used to not playing in a guild setting over the years on this server, worked on just accumulating a ton of alt burn classes themselves, to just rotate in a character with full discs and buffs, whatever the trashiest play was, this is what players on Zek were accustomed to doing, pretty much dating back to and starting around the Prophecy of Ro expansion.

Noone's been complaining about the status of how screwed PvP is, because there is noone left to complain. Any other character class main that can't get near instant kills in PvP has already left the server, quit, or resorted to making a burn class of their own and gotten used to and almost, dare I say liking, using that class whenever there is PvP instead of their preferred character class of play they would have played back in the day when things were more balanced, when kills were harder to get.

Believe it or not, there actually once was a time that I could use mend while in PvP if my life was getting low, now, about 90% of the time, I never have time to mend, because my life goes from 100% to -50%. Monks haven't yet gotten the ability to use mend while dead. Or maybe I'd see things differently.

There is no reason why any ability in the game should be able to do more damage than 40% of your health, unmitigated. That's a basic Everquest developer's PvP standard of practice. Since the creation of Everquest, and for many years, these were several abilities, Harm Touch, and a few others SK ones, LifeBurn - Necro, and ManaBurn - Wizard

For some strange reason, those abilities still seem to have some kind of limit around the 40% amount. Nowadays though, forget all that. Not only do the devs give zero bucks, they've forgotten that they ever did.

Especially since the implementation of luck and lucky criticals there are several Melee hits that will do far over 40% of your life in a single hit, even over 100% of your life in a single hit. Some of them, warriors have one shadowknights have one, can do instantaneous multiple 10,000% accuracy/strikethrough hits on a single target or an entire group. Allowing warriors to kill 6 people at a time, with the press of one button. 600% seems a little more than 40% to me.

Why should I be hit for 400 k dmg three times, instantly? You don't even see the up to 6 more hits, cause you are already R.I.P.ped. I think I know why this happens. Cause the population of the Zek server is absolute spit.
    Why should a druid fire dot lucky crit in PvP be able to tick for over 500 k dmg in one tick? Same reason as above. Welcome to one tick wtf R.I.P.s
    Why should Rogues be able to hit me for over 200 k damage in a single backstab out of the 40 hits that also can land in virtually 1 second and snipe anyone in any zone where no abilities can see SoS? Why? Cause for years, every class other than burn classes got R.I.P.ped and /q'd the F quit!
    Why should bow shots from a ranger and certain other abilities of theirs be able to hit me with a single bow shot for over 40% life? I know why. Everyone had already quit.
    Wait and... rangers also have a dot that can do over 40% of my life(instant cast) in a single lucky crit dot tick? Holy F.S!
    Necros have a fire dot as well, a pyre, hard to land it in PvP but it still can land. I've been ticked for over 540 k damage with a lucky dot crit tick, on a less than 400 k health pool with buffs. Hrmm, is that more than 40% of my life? YES!

You know devs, if you are gonna have a PvP server, you could atleast implement your changes with a little respect to your games p's and q's. You know, dotting your t's, crossing your i's. Knowing your alphabets. Shaking babies and kissing hands. You know, the basics.

The devs forgot their A B C's?
    The devs can't count their 1 2 3's?
    The devs can't sing their Do Ray Me's?

I can go on like this for days.

You straight up canceled our X Y Z's?
    You refuse to even code OUR C + 3's???
    I got it, all they want is More Blue Bies.
    Last 10+ years on Zek for nothing but R.I.P.'s
    The last thing anyone ever heard from Zek was Oh F Me's?!?!?!?!!!!!

What in the Everquest Batman? 40% Geniuses! That policy was virtually GUARANTEED(to not completely ruin the server).

We as Zek players past, present or future can't make these changes ourselves. We can't get non burn class players to move back to the server if everyone on the server has, over the years, resorted to only ever playing one of these classes that can kill you instantaneously with a single hit, dot tick or burn key that fires multiple of them at once resulting in over 100% of anyones life no matter what, unless they are DA.

We can't change the code that killed off the server. Nor can we change the fact of what went on over the years with everyone swapping making or plaiyng someone elses alt burn class, just to compete and continue to PvP. But we can change our attitude.

What has changed over the years that were huge detriments to the server? Gyrospire Relocation Device finally got nerfed. That was needed to be done for YEARS. Permanent instant gate item, could click while stunned. Raid and mission DZ's we can finally AE in, although implemented many years after all the guilds were already gone. We do finally have that. So those two key positive changes happened in the last decade for the Zek server, but virtually NOTHING else.

Only a sizeable playerbase on the server can demand change. And Zek will never have a sizeable playerbase if people keep playing like this and/or Zek never receives an update.

Daybreak, or whoever it was before the moving of the forums to the new forums, even went so far as to delete the PvP section in it's entirety, not even a section that exists on the new forums. First they tell you to shut up every time you say something or nonstop argue with you, basically telling you they wish you would shut up, then they ban you on Twitter. Now they've gone so far as to pretend Zek doesn't even exist.

We've seen very recently and we should know what cancel culture looks like. ehem. /cough

I don't like being canceled, and neither do you. I'm not one for complaining either, sending in reports or calling for nerfs but unless the server gets out of this epidemic it's been in for years and supports, by joining, one of the 2 aforementioned guilds, the server will never see a Guild progress to being capable of raiding current expansion content, previous expansion content, or even 2 expansion old content.

No guild on Zek will ever have a shaman main or a cleric main. How do you expect a raid force to ever have a chance of raiding current content or even recent content ever again when the server doesn't have a single one and no guild legitimate enough to ever attract any of them? What, you think someones gonna come over here on a cleric or shaman to never see a piece of raid loot drop and just get smashed all over the place in group game? No, they aren't.

That's what happened to the original guilds, ae damage and ae burns on raid events became so important in some fights to progress and Zek Guilds existing at the time couldn't use any of these abilities or they'd kill everyone on the raid. Guilds couldn't progress, classes that depended on those raid loots to accomplish "something" when to do so in the group game was difficult, all eventually quit.

We eventually got the change to DZs on Zek, where everyone is now flagged Blue upon zoning in, and we can no longer damage each other on raids inside dynamic zones. But the change came nearly 7 years too late. The important guilds that were the heart of the server were already dead and there was no guild able to raid that could benefit from the frequently requested, much needed update. Also known as, every Cleric and Shaman(and many others) had already disapeared from the server. The best guilds by the time of that implementation had 25ish mains left.

We need guilds. Two of them. That are both thriving in their own regards. What happens when there aren't 2 guilds on Zek? Only 1 guild? You've seen it happen repeatedly over the years. Everyone not in that one guild, teams up with each other to grief that guild as much as possible until everyone quits or that guild folds. Those pvpers then form another guild, same thing happens to them. It's been a vicious, dirty, unrewarding, and definitely unattractive history.

As far as I know, no guild on Zek has completed any event in RoS, TBL, ToV and of course not CoV.

Support the server by joining one of the 2 guilds currently attempting to break that cycle. That's the only thing we can do. And given some effort and play time, that will change it.

The server needs atleast 2 reasonably able Guilds. That's all it's ever needed. That's all it still needs. With 2 Guilds you will have support, you will have buffs, you will have resources, you will have crafters, people to help you, you will have many more occurrences of mass PvP. And eventually you will see more folks taking interest in playing a wider variety, more enjoyable variation of classes. It only takes some time to see Mages and Beastlords and Monks and Wizards and others out there PvPing and getting kills(the Zek server has a zonewide PvP announcement system) before others become interested in playing something else as well.

No one likes dying instantaneously from completely being ignored then literally deleted by this games developers. We can't change that by being cheap shots. We can't change that by resorting to keeping this server a complete alleyway pee puddle. The only thing that can change that is our server's population. The only thing that can change our server's population is a reason to even be on it. There's only so many folks that wanna even ever play those burn classes. There's only so many folks that even ever wanna make an alt to have to swap to for PvP. There's only so many people that want to spend the entirety of their Everquest life playing just by themselves or just with their 5 other boxed characters.

And there's only so many Everquest players who would ever even consider trying PvP to begin with.

Something has to change.

The start of that is 2 well established, successful, able Guilds. Join one or movelog off if you are just here to PvP. The server needs 2 guilds for your PvP experience to be enhanced. So if you are non-guilded simply so you have more targets to gank, please consider the population we could work on together, if 2 raid capable guilds existed on the server. Don't be so selfish and have no foresight.

Thanks for your time, dirtbags

Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs) updated 2/3/2021(NEW)

1. Why did you call us all dirtbags?

answer: Dirtbags are commonly found in garbage dumps.

Kierrah and Kiith like this.
  3. Sokon Augur

Red Vs. Blue, "I just wanna kill you, why can't we still be friends?" vs "You're better off canceled, /wahhhhhhhhh"
    A letter(proposal) to Everquest raiding Guilds(2)

For a long time coming the average raiding guild had to be aware of that PvP player who only movelogged there to loot and scoot. This has happened for years. It's not good for that guild, it's certainly not ethically sound behavior and most players on the other server have low regard for any Zek players, past or present, due to this behavior.

Many times, even if someone in a guild on blue is interested in gearing up an alt and sending them to Zek because they were a prior Zek player at one time, want to try it out, had a friend who encouraged them to come play on Zek, or any other reason, they have had to keep it a secret. Any thing along these lines has been considered stealing loot from that guild, wasting the guild's time when they could have taken someone else's application and geared them but made the wrong choice, etc etc etc

It takes a long time and a lot of people to do raids, and guilds are continuing to do them far into the expansion when most of their mains or core is already fully geared out.

Some guilds, and I have been in a few of them, complete content and put them on farm and convert to only doing raids 1 night a week. They have everything down pact. There is no down time. There is no explaining. Start time hits, everyone is in ggh before that time, 12 people have already run wherever to plant the banner, raid invites, formed, grouped and ready within a minute or less, and some guilds do all of this so fast they are able to even engage the first raid target in less than 5 minutes of official raid starting time.

For me, that's absolutely fantastic. All I wanna do is focus on my parse, I've got those banked AA's saved up, ready to hit those destructions right after shaman epic. Let's effing go right? I dig that kind of thing. Sitting around for hours blah blah blah is absolute pits.

But over the years of playing, on and off blue, maybe 70/75% of my total play time has been on a blue server over the years I tend to get bored pretty fast after an expansion is on full farm, raids are only 1 night a week and everything is just getting crushed easily, virtually no guildies are online outside of raiding hours, they already played beta, it was required, they already finished everything in 2 weeks after launch, maybe even collections and hunter. But for me, I really like the game, I like to play a lot when I am active. I like helping people, I like being in a group of pro elitist a holes and just knocking out group content achievements, namers, or what have you, quickly, on first try and moving on to the next thing. But some times, I just didn't have enough play time the first two weeks of the expansion, oops. Guess I'll do it all my self this time, then get bored af instead!

Here's the idea I have had, and my proposal. I won't go over what was in the last reply(1st reply to this thread), as the reasons for what I am about to say are evident in that post but the Zek guilds, and all raiding guilds on all servers could quite possibly benefit by some kind of relationship. An ally cross server.

Considering what I have already stated about players who have alts, other characters, or already play on Zek and raid on Blue. Zek, and especially if it had 2 decent guilds, could benefit and all raiding guilds could benefit if Zek players, or anyone past, present or future PvP interested players just all came out of the closet at once. Some people like playing on Zek, plain and simple. They are gonna do that one way or another, but the way it's gone on for years now is just utter horse manure.

Let's say Zek had 2 guilds. Which it does. Let's also suppose there were 2 guilds existing on other servers which each had a relationship with the guilds on Zek, in such a manner that, those raiding guilds on blue, allowed, knew about, and perhaps were even encouraged or moderately participated and involved in gearing alts of theirs and sending them to Zek, to be in either one of the Zek guilds, not in secret but in practice. Even alts of theirs would make fantastic mains of ours.

I'm sure there are two rival blue raiding guilds. Perhaps 2 of the top raiding guilds of a particular server that have been competing for first place of completing the expansion over the years. All of them thinking "We gotta beat those mother flowers this freaking time."

So frustrating right? But if you can compete on that, can compete on gearing your alts faster than they are able to gear theirs(to send to Zek), compete on well, let's face it, 9-10-11 months out of the year, instead of 1-2(max), maybe, quite arguably, your Everquest experience may be much more enjoyable. Perhaps even no longer "less than fulfilling"

Here's what I suggest. I am sure there are 2 guilds out there on one of the other servers. 2 guilds who have relations in many respects, but secretly, deep down, hate each others guts. I suggest we have some chats, about your two guilds and our 2 here on Zek, and perhaps we can come to some kind of understanding/relationship respectful of all sides. One that would facilitate a gaming environment and competition many of us could enjoy.

You might think your team play is entertaining, fun, competitive and exciting, but when near absolute boredom hits, and that doesn't take very long each year, does it? I have to tell you, team PvP is exciting, and can occur 365 days a year. All that rotted gear gearing out multiple box crews, some never even used, could have a purpose, could be stuff you could use in PvP to support your cross server allied guild after sending them to Zek, or maybe swapping between your 2 mains each expansion. There could be a lot of possibilities with something this general, an idea, at the beginning. But the possibilities intrigue me.

Oh, I've raided on blue, I've had a magelo at the top of the charts, I've gotten everything done to work on in an expansion complete very early upon release. But guess what, as soon as I had virtually everything I wanted to work on done? I lost all incentive to keep playing. Over the decades I thought about that a lot and eventually took a 2 year break, not playing at all during RoS or TBL and returning mid ToV. Awesome I thought when I came back, look at all this stuff I have to work on! And as I was on the Zek server I could do a little PvP as well and benefit from the 50% exp, as I had 3 expansions of AAs to catch up on and levels.

I plan to just stay on the Zek server now, apping to another blue guild knowing I'd never become a multi-year member considering my tendencies in the past. My incentive to go ever play on blue again is near is over, because I know if I do, it's very likely for the same thing to happen again, spend months of time at the keys, just to quit playing once my character has once again reached it's highest power lol. Once I've finished minmaxing everything. Once I can finally crush! Only to quit playing altogether for 3 months, 1 year, 2 years etc.

I have been in several raiding guilds on blue over the years, notably Hellfire Club and Crimson Tempest but my last guild was Triton and I must say, at first it was very impressive, not to mention their raid leader is an absolute professional. However, shortly, within just a few months with them, and even my brother(Boneshear) was guilded with me at the time(over the years it's been very hard to find a guild taking a Monk and Necromancer app at the same time) we should have wanted to stay there, it should have been and was the pinnacle of our Everquest careers so far.

But what happened while I was with Triton? I had everything done within a few weeks. Raids were on farm, raids were just crushed in a few hours one night a week. Everyone then logged out. I had nothing to work on. I literally lost all incentive to play whatsoever. My last few months there I couldn't even find the motivation to log in for 30 minutes for lesson to save up enough AA's to blow glyphs on raids. I've done that kind of thing my whole Everquest life in every raiding guild I've ever been in, not while with Triton though. I quit playing, sometime in EoK. Returned to play March/April of ToV expansion.

Thinking back to that time, all I thought about Everquest and it's current owners and operators at the time was things like "same gear slots, rinse and repeat, little content, these game designers are just keeping us on the hamster wheel, and I didn't wanna do the same easy over and over again next year" "they are just gonna squeeze this player base for there last nickel and dime" Things like this. I hated the game and how it seemed to be for me at that time. Way easy. Little content. On a downhill slope to nowhere, and with the recent company change I was unsure if the game was gonna be what I had always loved for many years.

My brother? He's quit playing entirely. Last time I spoke to him and told him i bought him the ToV premium edition, but was unable to log in to his account cause i forgot the password and had to reset his password. And I was calling him to tell him his new password in case he ever wanted to log in again right. I originally started his account and paid for it for atleast 10 years, was just calling him to tell him his password(sent to my email) and he told me "I don't even wanna know what it is, I'm never playing again." This year, I also bought his account the CoV premium edition, however, this time I never called him regarding Everquest. lol. I like supporting the game though, every past year I have no intention of playing, I still have bought the expansions.

Anyways, if anything I have said here strikes a nerve with a few raiding guilds out there, that, like I said, have some kind of relationship of competition you'd like to consider augmenting with a little PvP action via each having a cross server, allied, PvP guild, hit us up. There would be much to discuss over coming weeks if not months.

I suppose talks like this would take a long time. I haven't mentioned anything along these lines to the other guild's leadership(CherryCryJamClam and FlamingTikiTorchess(female), I'm pretty sure those are their names) so I am not sure if they would be interested, but I think it would be a great idea.

No Everquest raiding guild on blue would ever have to screen an applicant for the possibility of them being a loot and scoot ninja, origin: Zek. And all of your members would have something else to look forward to or work on, team up for, or be entertained by in an entirely different new settings. Initially, I'm quite confident that either of the guilds here would take a batch of alts or whatever from two guilds. Maybe they a few from each that wanna give it a go for awhile, see what things are like.

The Zek server needs two rival teams to have adequate, enjoyable PvP play, raiding and the like. We would all benefit from some 2 guilds out there that had any initial/moderate level of interest. And most importantly for us here, we need the numbers to ever get the guilds here to raiding anything halfway decent, worth having a guild for, content. So working on and getting the guilds on Zek up to that level would in general help the Zek server tremendously.

I could even see things going as far as our guilds having some sort of combined dkp system, with their respective allied blue guild months or years into a good relationship. Or perhaps a system that simply allowed members to not lose all their DKP if they went to Zek, and had 0 when they returned to blue for the start of the next expansion, a common concern of those blue players who still miss Zek. And get bored pretty fast with many top teir raiding guilds, simply because everything is attained or min/maxed so early in the year.

The possibilities of where a relationship could go with something like this between the 2 guilds here and 2 guilds somewhere else could create a unique opportunity for our server and those interested that might be better than what has ever currently been offered for players who like raiding, and miss PvP.

Thanks for your time. You guys are so amazing and really good and stuff, all the mobs you kill have no feelings, it's very..... Vegan of you. I can respect that.
    Hexus, Kierrah and Kiith like this.
  4. Snackz aka Stonin New Member

If anything, come and give it a try on Zek. Yes it has been a ghost town for years, but we are actively trying to make changes and just enjoy the aspect of the game in a new light. Not many share this mentality and have different opinions when it comes to zek, but why complain about the same things over and over? It does no good, instead come back to the server and let us change your mind. As sokon has stated, he is telling the truth. I was very impressed with out CoV Zlandicar attempt. With a little more input and wisdom and a breath of life, maybe some of you can change that? If anything, come and give it a try! More and more members are returning from back in the Old days. Via sullon zek, rallos zek, ect. Come and have some fun, whats the worst that can happen?
  5. Charmella New Member

I am a Tallon girl who met some amazing people there and even more when the zek's merged!
    I returned to play after a few years (I won't say how many) and am falling in love with this game again. I couldn't bring myself to go blue and still can't to this day, but I've met some great peeps from there also.
    I've seen some vast improvements on Zek in the short time I've been back and am super excited to see what happens next.
    I'm in Chaotic Entry and am happy to chat with anyone interested in learning more about Sokon's post above or even what our guild is about. We have a fantastical leader who is super chill and values all members input.
    Hope to see you out there, no matter which side you chose <3
  6. Kiith New Member

this is an awesome post
    Kierrah likes this.
  7. Sokon Augur

Jeez. I spent so much time editing, spacing, punctuating the first 2 items. I never fully read through the 3rd(2nd reply) a second time after writing it. That thing read like dog poo, lol, just spent the last hour on it trying to better convey the idea I have there. Hope that's written a little better now, yikes.
  8. Charmella New Member

The same rules on zek have applied for decades, if you are exping and are killed in pvp in a specific zone, you have 2 options:
    1. Leave said zone and exp elsewhere
    2. Go back and fight for your spot.
    The ONE person you are referring to, kept returning after communication was made to exit, to be killed over and over, by one other individual.
    CE took the zone, if that player felt "griefed" it was of his own accord. There is a vast majority of options for exp zones.

We are just looking to build Zek, whether people join AD or CE that is a WIN for the server. No where in this post does it suggest we are asking for joint raids, its quite the opposite, had you taken time to review before responding. Not that we are against it either! Some of us really enjoyed them, had fun and dropped animosity at the raids front door. : )

We are hoping to ensure Zek has two solid options, as it should.
    We hope AD gains recruits and number also, we welcome the competition and applaud growth in BOTH guilds!
    Think about it : )
    Kierrah likes this.
  9. Yueyenie Lorekeeper

I'm going to ask any AD member not to post anything negative on this thread. As far as joint raids, I already explained they weren't canceled because of PvP. I also explained, we are still open to the possibility, sometime in the future.

I think its great you guys are recruiting and raiding, and I'm actually pulling for you guys to continue with great success.
    Charmella and Kierrah like this.
  10. Kierrah New Member

Interesting.
    Sokon likes this.
  11. Snackz aka Stonin New Member

Just give it a try, see how you like it and what it can bring to the server!
  12. Sokon Augur

My overall goal here is the following: Transition the Zek server from Solo, non team orientated, gank, cycle burn class in after burn class alt, every man for himself PvP to Team based PvP where you have a sizeable enough Guild that you might actually get some backup or support from your guild when PvP comes and interrupts what you are trying to work on, or help someone with.

While people may have opinions about one thing or another. I don't really care enough to argue about those particulars, because I know Zek's history.

Years ago, AsD and PDM had successfully defeated all other guilds or gotten them to disband and sucked up their remaining members. I went from Hate to PDM for full membership upon one of these offers, then there was only PDM and AsD left, we had already seen the entire european guild Ancient Dawn movelog to a blue server and of the 3 guilds left after that, one day, Defiant finally folded. Then came Hate ending or being absorbed by PDM and for a few good years battle between PDM and AsD was alive and well for quite some time.

Finally False and Trivial had enough of it one day, with the inability of us to progress and the important of AE burns during certain raid events becoming impossible to otherwise complete them since we were all still red in all instances and would damage each other, retired and they retired PDM along with their retirement.

That day and the weeks that followed, anyone from PDM who wanted to keep raiding, joined AsD, whom had been our great/only rivals over the previous years and PDM's biggest since the Zek server merge. Ascending Dawn was the strongest they had ever been at that moment, and I was for the first time guilded with my biggest/most frequent rival: Khartagh

If AsD was a stock and you were able to invest money in it at that time, right after them gaining 20+ more members. You would have lost it all come today. They went from their peak membership and numbers ever, to slowly over the years to bottoming out. I am not talking about the guild as it exists today. Today they want something more.

The key to something more is to transition the server to team oriented, team vs team PvP, rather than solo, gank, i don't need any support or group members or anything else solo pvp if I play a certain class style. That's what the servers been since then, increasingly getting worse with the lack of any management of character abilities crits and excessive damage that never should have been allowed to get as bad as it is.

In order for that transition to occur, it requires atleast 2 mainstay teams/guilds to exist.

After PDM folded and AsD absorbed nearly 20 of their members, everyone from Zek, still on Zek, or returning to Zek over the years, who's guild had previously folded, who's guild had LOST or had someone that hated a particular person in that AsD(last guild on Zek) did anything they could to make try to them to eventually fold as well. And eventually they did. A large factor in that was the inability to successfully raid due to the importance of being able to use AE damage on raids, and part was because of the lack of another existing guild and everyone not in AsD doing their darndest to do anything to get back at them.

Ascending Dawn of, what was it, 2006? Were the winners, and everyone else just wanted to make them pay. That Ascending Dawn, as it was then, no longer exists, but some of the members from way back then are still around with the guild tag, trying to get back to where they were so long ago, raiding current content.

Ever since then. Fail. Fail. Fail. Fail. Fail. FAIL! Every guild on Zek for well over a decade. Not enough people, lets play a bunch of alts. Too many emotes, let's just do the tank and spank events. Can't get flagged for them? Let's send one char to blue for raid flags and bring them back. Fail, fail, fail, fail, failllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Everyone on the server these last 15 years or so that goes to blue and comes back, what do they do on their day of arrival? "Who's the biggest target?" they say, after moving their full geared raid toon back to the server. Ready, aim, fire!

Looking for what?

REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to say it. Everyone ended up losing already. There's noone who won here. The servers dead and has been dead for a long long time. There was a several year stint there that every time i logged in to Zek and joined general chat there was never more than 30 people in it.

Just the other day I saw 81.

We are the original MMoRPG. We are the first E-Sport. We have so many things at our fingertips and never utilized like banners campfires etc during mass PvP the potential the server has for the returning to it's days of glory is unbelievable. We operating at 5% of our potential as a server.

But we know better. Or atleast, we should by now. The server needs 2 guilds on it. Having two guilds here is the only thing that is going to attract enough people back to it or keep them here. 2 large guilds that have a raid force and a significant number of people that PvP or have a group of PvPers in them. And 2 sizeable, raid able guilds that could fill a raid roster, would always have atleast a group or two of people who PvP'd.

If you say your guild is entirely focused on raiding, fine. But you have to acknowledge the fact that we are on a PvP server. Why would anyone in their right mind come to a struggling raid force on Zek who only had interest in raiding if they could do/accomplish that much easier anywhere else. They probably wouldn't. The average person who most likely would be more likely to consider a movelog here would probably have some interest in PvP as well. Anyone from back in the day? They wouldn't even consider it unless there was something appealing that in some way shape or form even resembled the good times, those times when there were 2 or more raid capable guilds on the server.

We want people that want to raid to want to come here. We want people that want to PvP to come here or come back. Having anything less than 2 decently large guilds here is simply going to target a fewer number of people. 2 guilds means options. 2 guilds means adversaries. 2 guilds means competition for server firsts, which is something every blue server has.

And this server has just completely sucked since the last time there was ever 2 reasonably sized guilds on it. Nothing to be enthusiastic about. Nothing to be excited for. Nothing to compete over. Nothing to brag about. No way to win.

I'm not saying we should play fair
    I'm not even recommending we play nice
    But I do want to play

A 2 guild environment will attract the most amount of people because with that all the various playstyles people may come here to enjoy will be available to them. Anything less than that is simply appealing to a small group or limited number of playstyles.
  13. Q2moveit New Member

Used to play there. Discuss the current number of rogue, druid, ranger, wizard, warrior and sk mains.
  14. Sokon Augur

Details of those numbers are laid out in a reply by me on Ascending Dawn's recruitment post. Like 3rd to last reply i think.

Few sk, warrior, or wizard mains to answer your question here though. But you will find much more detail in my reply on their thread. Going over all that class stuffs. And the others you listed, there's a lot of, but alot of these are alts. In fact, in total, there are very few mains out of all those classes on Zek, atleast ones that PvP. Just a bunch of alts hahaha. It's kind of crazy.

People have had to get used to either doing things by themselves or sufficiently gearing multiple toons and their regard as their alt or if it's their 2nd or 3rd main you'd find to be a little different than the typical blue raiding guild where everyone has 1 specific main and all else are considered alts.

To give you a good idea of what we have on our roster currently here's our list of actives and which char they consider their main, regardless of level

[IMG]

219 total chars in the guild, the rest all being alts
  15. Charmella New Member

At the risk of repeating what has already been said :

Chaotic Entry is a very tight knit and very chill guild, we have some lifetime players and some new.
    We look for like minded individuals who just want to play EQ - we have some casual players and some very active players. We've had quite a few return players (old Tallon, Rallos and Vallon) join recently and we have been working hard to help them level and catch up on progression.
    We are currently raiding once per week, which will likely change to two times per week. Raids are not mandatory, but we do have fun! Some new content, as Sokon mentioned - we attempted Zlan and got him to 60% on our very first attempt, with honestly very little strat preplanned. Sometimes we like to just wing it and see what we can figure out on our own :p
    The older content we have done has been a piece of cake.

Pvp isn't mandatory but is definitely encouraged. If you're on the sensitive side and take things personally - this probably isn't the guild for you, but as mentioned there is another option, we don't allow drama here.
    We jab, and harass each other daily, but we also jump to each others defense when attacked. You need help with a named? in pvp? crafting? gear? levels?, nearly everyone is willing to drop what they're doing to help you, or they're already engaged helping others and will be with you asap.

As for pvp - I've heard a lot of people saying there are certain classes that can't, after returning to play of zek for about 5 months now, I can say they.. are soo.. wrong lol.
    I've seen a necro destroy every class, I've seen an enchanter get daily kills, I've seen a wizard crew one shot people, I've seen zerkers, wars, and pally's one round entire groups. Not to mention the SK HT, it's a definite BOOM.
    Clerics, you don't see to many of those kills, but they do happen from time to time with a lucky KS! There is one cleric main on server, but there are also quite a few who have clerics as their second or third main, so they are out there and they are valued.

The population of zek has increased quite a bit in the past couple of weeks, and we hope to see a lot more of it. So if you're bored, looking for a little spice away from the grind that is blue, previous zek'er or not, pop over and check it out.
    But you can't just log in on a new toon and observe general - that is no indication at all. Message a guild officer/leader/member and get on board with one of them. You need to be involved to have a clear vision. There's always toxic comments in general chat, it's pvp, the smack talk is real.

But at the end of the day, zek players all really do have a bond - even the enemy guilds - and the majority do respect each other (even if they hate admitting it), they have years of history for or against, and everyone plays their part! <3

Message in game :
    Emowarrior, Vete, Craynex, Pegate
    Rambo, Pimpginsx, Dralmar
    Charmella, Empryss, Zaina, Angeltini
    Snackz, Hazelranger
  16. Sokon Augur

Still looking for more members. We've had a string of old Zek, Tallon, Vallon, Rallos Zek players return to play in the previous weeks, some leveling from 85 to 115 and getting a lot of gear in just 2 weeks or so.

Our guild will help you get full geared CoV T3 craft and have several groups non stop grinding the exp. Along with the returning players we have had and Zek's exp bonus, now is a great time to return to play.

We are also trying to increase our numbers for raids, level 115 alts of anyone on other servers would make fantastic additions here and as we currently only raid on Friday nights, which is offset from most typical blue raiding guilds, you too could find a great place here and something else to do during the week.

If you want to PvP, there's a lot of that going on as well. But for the average PVE'r that has a lot to catch up on is returning or what not, that bonus exp and low population here are great as well.
  17. Broaken New Member

Ya Zek's pretty nice at the moment. I play a ranger and they were always pretty good but I quit playing back during VoA, just recently returned to play. Started off where I left off, completing my VoA prog and the next couple expansions after that.

Almost leveled up my full box crew to 115 in the last 2 months or so as well, will hit up that PvP at some point when I run out of things to do but right now my list is long and Chaotic's been a good guild to get that stuff done with on Zek.

Good times
  18. Boneshear New Member

Working with the dev's in the past, hoping to work with them again in the future, checkout our threads in The Veteran's Lounge
  19. Empryss New Member

Chaotic Entry will be moving to raiding 2 nights a week. One will be focused on progression raids and the second current content.
    We defeated Zlandicar raid yesterday.
    Not only was this a server first, but the first time Zek has downed current content in over 5 years!
    We celebrate this win with our allies Drip, who we have been joint raiding with for a couple of months. We beat this raid on our 3rd attempt.
    And also with the entire server, congrats Zek!

We welcome both new and old players to come join us.
    If its not a good fit for you, AD is another option and they are very close to winning this raid as well.
    Please reach out to any member of CE, they can direct you to an officer.
  20. Empryss New Member

Pleased to say CE has downed Zlandicar a second time!
    We are keeping it on farm once a week and working on other current content as well.
    If you're interested in a return to Zek or coming as a first timer please do not hesitate to reach out to anyone with a Chaotic Entry tag.
    We formed this guild just a few short months ago and continue to gain excellent new recruits along with some who have played together and stayed together for years. Quality members, no drama. ☺