Chanters Losing alot of ac in TBM?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Blurred_Memories, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Blurred_Memories Augur

yes there are some slight increases in non vis ac, but it looks like its going to be about 10 ish for each slot which doesnt even come close to breaking us even with the losses.

here's the difference in the visables

TDS raid gear vs TBM raid gear:

chest: 358 : 298 | - 60
    helm: 231 : 192 | - 39
    wrist: 174 : 145 | - 29
    wrist: 174 : 145 | - 29
    arms: 222 : 185 | - 37
    hands: 209 : 174 | - 35
    legs: 270 : 224 | - 46
    feet: 207 : 173 | - 34

that's a total loss of 309 ac from visible armour.

please, PLEASE, say this is a mistake and will be fixed.

zomg

~blurred
    Maxxbuff likes this.
  2. Blurred_Memories Augur

just made myself sadder... this set is even less ac than cotf tier 1 suppressed gear =/
  3. Brohg Augur

crazy higher hAgi, though
  4. DruidCT Augur

Look at the your actual stats before and after, you might be surprised. No one says you have to use the same augment on every item. You might take a higher AC item on some pieces and on the whole you balance out with better gear. The idea is to let people choose whether they want to focus one set of stats higher than another. Its a balancing act that seems to have been lost in EQ for some time. That said there are plenty of broken/odd things in the TBM armor sets.
  5. Cicelee Augur

I looted a raid weapon last night that had approximately 300-400 less mana on it than the Arx raid weapon for casters. However it also had about 55 more heroic INT than the Arx weapon.

When I switched out the two weapons to see the difference, I actually improved my overall mana by around 500 or so.

Now these numbers are not exact. But they illustrate that the game is placing a higher emphasis on heroics, which seem to be making a more sizeable difference. Now I cannot speak how much more to heroic agility will do, but it is with looking at the overall total and not just one stat...
    code-zero likes this.
  6. Lonye Augur

People keep saying this, and while it's true, doesn't change the fact that it looks like shoddy work on item stats, since there was no clear indication that this would be the path that gear would now take.
  7. Silv Augur

New person on itemization. New gear system. You do the math... er, wait... you did. Yeah, it's really sad. Most of the Ench I talked to were not happy about it.

I would keep posting in the bugs thread because I think it's safe to assume anything "off" with itemization in this expansion could very likely be completely unintended.
  8. Blurred_Memories Augur

i did look at before and after, even with a +40 hAgi aug as the type 5, there was still significant displayed ac loss.

i even planned out my ideal gear set from known loot so far. there's no way to bring up the overall displayed ac to the level of previous expansions that i can find.
  9. Blurred_Memories Augur

something else that's just crazy...

you can get higher ac from the freaking group gear because they take type 9 augs.

resplendent sultstone of the sturdy has more ac on it than ANY of the raid visibles except the chest and legs.

and ALL of the type 9's except one have more ac than the raid wrists.

wtf mode
    Addler and Silv like this.
  10. Silv Augur

I'm convinced this has to be a bug now. Is this the same for other classes with the raid vs group gear AC? I'm guessing a lot of people probably just haven't noticed yet. I foresee uproar in the very near future...
  11. p2aa Augur

I'm a raiding warrior.
    I checked Helm slot
    T3 group TBM AC = 285, Raid TBM AC = 349, Raid TDS AC = 330
    So not the same with tank class it seems. I find TBM group gear a bit too high AC for my taste though :)
    Silv likes this.
  12. Makavien Augur

The only problem with that is the good heroic augs are lore . And you can't completely customize the armor all you can add is a new type 5 heroic augment.
  13. Silv Augur

Good to know. This leads me to believe it was an oversight for Enchanter armor then.

If not... well, wow. Let's undo years of them finally tweaking Enchanter armor that we actually liked! :confused:
  14. Blurred_Memories Augur

TDS visible RAID gear vs TBM visible RAID gear vs TBM visible GROUP gear (w/sturdy aug)

chest: 358 : 298 : 31 + 216 = 247
    helm: 231 : 192 : 18 + 216 = 234
    wrist: 174 : 145 : 14 + 216 = 230
    wrist: 174 : 145 : 14 + 216 = 230
    arms: 222 : 185 : 18 + 216 = 234
    hands: 209 : 174 : 15 + 216 = 231
    legs: 270 : 224 : 23 + 216 = 239
    feet: 207 : 173 : 16 + 216 = 232

totals:
    tds raid gear: 1845
    tbm raid gear: 1536
    tbm group gear: 1877

so tbm group gear can have more ac than the raid gear... yes i know the raid gear will have more hAgi, but i still got to say wtf mode on this.

not only does tbm raid gear have less ac than tier one cotf (i didnt post the cotf ac stats, but trust me it's true), but it also has less ac than the group gear from the same expansion.

its just my opinion... but this should not be possible.
    Addler likes this.
  15. Sindaiann Augur

I have stopped looking at my visible gear for fear of rage killing my computer. All kidding aside I believe it has to be an oversight. I just can't see how group TBM gear has more AC than raid TBM gear. It makes zero sense. As well as I can't see how TBM raid gear would have less AC than TBS. What would be nice is some indication from someone that they know it's an issue or not, so that we would know one way or another.
  16. Silentchaos Augur

You won''t know the difference in terms of mitigation. If you're full TBM geared with hAgi augs you'll definitely know the difference in avoidance.
    Brohg likes this.
  17. p2aa Augur

Did you do the check for non visible ? Things went crazy there.
    I'm a warrior so i checked the difference for tank stuff, and with these 216 aug, you can have an earring of 236 AC versus 175 AC for TDS raid one versus 186 AC for TBM raid one
    You can have a ring of 241 AC versus 175 AC for TDS one versus 186 AC for TBM raid one.
    So, if you take 2 earrings and 2 rings, you win + 210 AC versus the TBM raid slots
    Yes you would loose HP (5 600 here for 4 items), but this is really crazy to see a single piece of group gear having more AC than the raid one of the former expansion, but again more crazy in the same expansion.
    I agree that the problem is the type 9 aug, 216 AC is really overtuned.
  18. Brohg Augur

the 216 is built for the scaling visible armors. something else should exist for nonvis armors
  19. Rakknar Elder

What is your agenda?

How about some truth. Yes group warriors got some AC, but lets compare a top warrior from Magelo and a top group geared warrior--me.

In the current state of the game here is the difference between raid and group:

876 AC Higher (I have merchants feast/drink in my AC, not sure how magelo does it)
    40881 Hps Higher
    414 Atk Higher
    Max Shielding vs 30/35
    Max Avoidance vs. 79/100
    Max Spell Shielding vs. 30/35
    Max Accuracy vs. 122/150
    Heroic Agility 852 vs. 361
    Heroic Dexterity 810 vs. 758
    Heroic Stamina 746 vs. 421

Heroic Str. 664 vs. 343

No comparison imho.
    Addler likes this.
  20. p2aa Augur

Yes, nice try to change of subject, but the subject is comparison of item to item.
    And you have brought no valid reason why a piece of TBM group gear should be 50 ish more AC than a piece of TBM raid gear. It has never happened in this game recently that group gear was higher AC than raid gear. A piece of raid gear has always been more HP (it's the case) and more AC (it's not the case for most non visible stuff atm) than a piece of group gear. And the gap is again more important versus TDS raid gear. Since when raid gear of former expansion becomes beaten by group gear of new expansion in term of AC ?
    I agree with Brogh : the 216 aug slot needs to be fixed for non visible items, and reduced too imo for visible armor. It's way overtuned in term of AC.