Chanter since nerf

Discussion in 'Casters' started by porky, Oct 27, 2016.

1. porky Augur

Anyone else finding the game really boring since the nerf on chanters? I expected the nerf, but now its kill 3 or 4 mobs and then med to full for ~10mins. Long enough to get interested in facebook or TV. IDK maybe I am just tired of the game, but the nerf is certainly not helping keep me interested. On a positive note, my house is much cleaner!
    Nandary Griefs likes this.
  2. Sancus Augur

How the hell does it take you 10 minutes to med to full?
    Cicelee and moogs like this.
  3. Reht The Dude abides...

unmapped sit key?
    moogs, Diptera and Sancus like this.
  4. Behelit Augur

if you're just soloing/moloing (not bothering/cant charm) right when you pull your first mob, hit 2nd spire. cast Bewildering Constriction as first dot to see if you can proc GoM/GGoM to cast Mind Storm, then cast Drown. pull 2nd mob and repeat the process as first mob ticks down. if unity rune is breaking to fast just toss AA slow on them. hit BP click as soon as 2nd spire ends and use both whenever they're up pretty much afterwards, cast Dicho whenever you get a GoM/GGoM proc and Mind Storm is already running. should be able to get more than 3-4 mobs dead without going oom.
  5. porky Augur

It didn't occur to me to try and wizard it. I don't charm, not only did all the years of useless charm spells on a druid turn me off of charm forever, but I box, which doesn't go well with charm. I will reorder my spells to use mind storm only on a GoM proc. Thank Behelit!
  6. Xikteny Augur

Charming can be pretty worthwhile; I encourage people to try it. It's not so bad to manage even while boxing.
    Reht likes this.
  7. fransisco Augur

Make a audio trigger for charm breaking. This helps a ton
    Reht likes this.
  8. IblisTheMage Augur

Still an interesting topic.
    Cicelee likes this.
  9. Sindaiann Augur

Behelit hit the nail on the head. I have zero issues with mana, however if your not paying attention and doing things inefficiently then ya, you could.

Just to add

Use a mount
    Use horn click
    Mind crystal (harvest pre engage and med back mana loss)
    Gather Mana

I can literally go non stop using what behelit said until everything is down, use gather and continue until the timer is up again on gather. Never any downtime.
  10. Blurred_Memories Augur

heh.... try boxing two enchanters both with charm pets! feels like cheating.
  11. Nandary Griefs Lorekeeper

Nerfs always made me quit a favorite class. In order- wizards, rangers, SKs. I quit playing enchanter after the cc nerf in BS expansions. Standing around just slowing and nuking got boring.

At least there's no way they can ruin bazaar loitering.
  12. Cicelee Augur

What is funny about this is that the four classes you quit because of "nerfs" are all doing quite amazingly well right now...
    gotwar likes this.
  13. fransisco Augur

SK nerf? They are like dragonball Z. What doesn't kill them makes them stronger.
  14. Nandary Griefs Lorekeeper

I just liked flinging mobs through the air.
  15. Nandary Griefs Lorekeeper

I went with someone to Drowned Katta to help him catch up the other night. No root, no mez, no punt. I suppose blur still works but it was boring even though he was in danger of dying to adds.
  16. Brohg Augur

Lull, stun? just turn Subtlety off & tank for them?
  17. Nandary Griefs Lorekeeper

Stun doesn't work in many places anymore. Not a fan of rune tanking.
  18. Verily Tjark Augur

almost everything is rootable in this expac. When I'm feeling lazy I will pull a couple root rot them and let my charmed pet beat them down too.
  19. Go Hawks! New Member

Can someone please elaborate on what these nerfs were? I just returned from a 3 year break and made heroic enchanter. So far just getting my feet wet with charm and reverse charm.

Also I've done some searching here but can anyone maybe link a good heroic chanter guide or just a charming spell set list.. I'm getting by but my spell setup feels kinda clunky.

Also the best tactics for leveling? I've done the hot zone quests... they were pretty good exp but I've always enjoyed just grinding.. I tried the warrens. Exp was terrible. I tried tosk but didn't really know where a good place to make camp was. People in general chat said to try gribbles task in dead hills for good exp but I was hoping to avoid doing the same quests over and over.. but anyways not a huge deal.. exp moves pretty slow tho.. definitely slower than do want it too.

Any advice or help is much appreciated. So far I'm enjoying it.
  20. Vance Vargson Lorekeeper

Try the new expansion. Blur is now something mobs have immunity to. "Your target is immune to the memory blur portion of this effect." Yes, that's right. It's not enough that mobs are immune to mez, stun, root, but now memblur itself won't work. Memblur is supposed to unresistable; It's been that way from day 1 but they decided enchanters might be able to use it to CC and they don't want mobs CCed. I did notice that FD classes can still FD just fine though.