Chanter Question

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Lockdown, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Lockdown Elder

In buying up the ranks of Projected Somnolence, I note the wording is specific and it procs on our Cripple line of spells. Does this include our Helix spells, or do we have to memorize a cripple on top of the Helix spells (when I finally get there, that is).
  2. Szilent Augur

includes Helixes.

The specific requirement to qualify as a "crippling spell" is that it reduce Str stat. (and be between levels 65-253 and have a mana cost)

You may be interested in the companion Helix AAs that mostly supplant having to load a slow/cripple spell at all except in weird circumstances, as you incorporate Somnolence into your EverQuest ;)
  3. Lockdown Elder

I've seen the AAs, but at level 81, I'm not there yet. That's at least a few weeks away.
    Szilent likes this.
  4. Genusii Journeyman

Lockdown,

I'm not sure when warriors, zerkers and rogues receive their debuff that overrides Somnolence. All I know is that during raids, they were clicking something that took somnolence off then complained that it wasn't on the boss mob anymore. The first word was the class name (rake for rogue) and then the same second descriptor.

I see from you illusion post, that you are learning...
  5. Szilent Augur

Rogue Spire has this as offensive melee proc. The warrior and berserker versions (exact same numbers) are defensive procs on being hit.

Rake's Weakening V - - 0s Target: Single
    Resist: Unresistable
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks)
    1: Decrease Chance to Hit by 25%
    2: Decrease STR by 80
    3: Decrease ATK by 100

>

Somnolence X - - 0s Target: Single
    Resist: Magic -500
    Duration: 2m (20 ticks)
    1: Decrease Chance to Hit by 25%

it's kinda correct to overwrite since it's more powerful, but also annoying because theirs wears off when the spire ends, or if they change targets. Maybe after CoV is out in the wilds (devs have no time now), if spa184 doesn't stack anomalously, the AA dev could be talked into making one effect or the other use slot 2 instead.
    RPoo likes this.
  6. Lockdown Elder

So long, everyone. I terminated my account and it will close on December 6th.
    I've seen enough to know that the class has changed, and not for the better. I wouldn't expect content to be created just to play to the Enchanter's strengths -- that would bring us back to the days of the Holy Trinity, when Enchanters were considered indispensable -- but as it is, I feel like we're the best at nothing. We do lots of things, but nothing particularly useful that is not surpassed by other classes.

Charm has been nerfed to oblivion. Once, a charmed mob was the most powerful pet in the game. Now it's a massive meh. We CC well, but who needs it? Bards can do a PB AoE mezz better than we can now, thanks to Florencia.

The special abilities that our illusions once conferred are gone. But I notice that it was only ours that this was done to. Druid wolf forms, for instance, still confer SoW. I conclude that this was done out of spite and no other reason. The Devs must be mad at us for driving Florencia away and are determined to punish us.

I could go on, but why? I put the axe to my account two days ago, and haven't logged on since, and no desire to. It wasn't fun.

If anyone is interested, Intention was level 82 and had over 4000 AAs, all of which I gained without Auto-Grant. The way I played was to simply gain a new level, progress to about 5% toward the next level. Get all the AAs appropriate to that level (with the exception of Tradeskill AAs, although I still have quite a bunch of those), then bank all the AAs I can for when I hit the next level, so I can start buying next level AAs that improve DPS and increase my survivability right away. I had finally gotten all the AAs I could for 82, then started banking AAs to use at level 83. I also leveled Intention to the point where he was one kill away from level 83.

But then I realized I was done. My plan was to go all the way to level 115, but then what? I've always hated raiding. And I was never good at it anyway. And never had any desire to be good at it. Oh, joy! Let's log on and play this game for six hours straight like there's nothing else in the world to do!

Take care, everyone. Sorry I didn't mix well with this community. Wish you all the best. Special Thanks to Szilent and others who took the time to answer my questions. Bye!
  7. RPoo Augur

Can't say you didn't try, take care!
  8. Verily Tjark Augur

Wish you all the best... maybe try p99 for that classic enchanter feel. I've never tried it, but it might be what you're looking for.
  9. Religion New Member

I also remember the time enchanters were specials. Very fragile characters but with originals powers and spells.
    I still remember the most obvious nerf that killed enchanters. It was when "rapture" spell was nerfed on Zek. From that day I had absolute no chance of survival on PvP :'(
    Then I moved on non-pvp servers and I also felt the progressive disgrace of enchanters :'(