Chanter Agro for Phant Opp and Illus Ally

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Mythose, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Mythose Journeyman

Devs PLEASE these 2 abilities are mainly, I thought, for getting mobs off us and on the summoned pets.

They aren't pulling agro at all... they are HEAPING agro on us.

Unless I have mistaken the use of the AAs its almost useless.

Mythose of Luclin
    Faana and FixShamanPlease like this.
  2. Sindaiann Augur

With two fades, self stasis and friendly stasis, toggle scs on or off, arcane whisper and silent casting, there is really no reason you should be having aggro problems (along with a ton of other stuff).

Now that said I molo alot of stuff and in some situations mess with tanks on purpose with scs off and other utility stuff. This comment is pretty vague so more info is needed for your scenario so If I were you I would be making sure that SCS is ON (I often forget to turn it back on in raid scenarios because outside of raids I have it off and molo stuff). If SCS is OFF and your attempting to rune to stay alive, this is contributing to your "issue," if one would call it that.

:)
  3. Makavien Augur

I have noticed after a tick or two those pets transfer the hate on the npc to the caster also. Maybe it has to do with the 3 players on aggro thing with chanter pets I am not sure but I have seen it on raids a couple times and in a group setting till the enchanter realized not to cast it because it also causes pet aggro issues .
  4. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Or maybe Enchanter pets are where Phantom Aggressor aggro went.
    Silv and Makavien like this.
  5. Sindaiann Augur

Illusory Ally has been performing like this for a long time.

Regardless you should not be having aggro problems, and there is a reason I asked for a scenario in why this was being used and how.

The simple posting of this thread and it's topic is laughable.

PS - I have zero issues not getting aggro if I don't want it.
  6. Mythose Journeyman

Thanks for the responses

Sind the problem is that if I use the AAs I'm looking to get agro ON the Pet to give me or mine breathing room til pet is dead. How often do you use this AA? Do you use it enough that you would notice an old to new issue?

Let me give you a for instance. We are doing a raid event. Low on tanks on a given night. Tanks go down due to whatever (I dont want to start a "You need better tanks or healers trollfest") I usually use these AAs to give a short respite so a tank is up and called as MT and healers are focused on him/her.

This has been effective in the past but now the mob doesn't want to kill the AA-pet. It wants to only focus on me. No matter what I click as an (Oh Sh*t!!!) button. I know sometimes our agro doesn't always drop with red mobs but sometimes it does or I have found that enough agro is usually generated from the pet to give that breathing room. There is no breathing room no matter how far back I am or what buttons I'm clicking. Remember our fade is great until the pet starts doing damage and we are now stunned but back on agro due to pets damage of the mob. Now I'm back to getting hit on. The breathing room now is I'm summoned and need to start clicking all my defensives with me now tanking and not the pet as the buffer/breathing room. When I say defensives I'm not talking about a spam rotation of Unity which is by nature an agro monster.

I'm not saying this isnt a useful tactic its just that in the past I could use the AA pets. Let them get creamed giving a small re-focus time, get summoned, go defensive and fade out or the tanks have again snap agroed. Now I'm summoned and I cant drop agro due to the fact my pets always active and doing DPS until it despawns or maybe an AoE takes it out since its not being killed. So whatever I do even with SCS on etc I'm the focus of this mob til I'm dead or something takes out the summoned pet. Then if I havent used the agro drop abilities already maybe I can get away if a tank is up and regained agro.

You may be thinking that "Well these changes have only been a short while how can you be proving this scenario so often without an obvious issue with your healing or tanks?". Doing a clearing of last expansion content of 5 or 6 events, for these last few weeks, and being on an open raid or 2 with general server population as raiders. The situation still stands that I cant drop agro as reliably as I used to without sacrificing myself, or hoping a tank is up and going, since I'm the primary target. The pet is now just for DPS and not an agro snap where it gets eaten and i have a few seconds breathing room then drop agro. I cant drop agro with this thing not being the target and adding considerable agro to me until its spawn timer runs out or an AoE/incidental amount of damage kills it before the mob kills me.

This was never a case in the past. The pet changes for agro have made this ability quite limited in use. I prefer not saying to what as usually the response is "Well it was never intended to work in such a way" which is a cop out in my opinion. If you give an ability and its not exploited to imbalance of the game then its the ability given.

I understand the need for business profit. Its their game to do with as they see fit but when you make radical changes to make other profitable segments of the game better balanced or more appealing by upending some core understandings, you get frustrated. Pet classes are a huge % of the overall population of the game. Make changes to the individual servers where nostalgia makes profit. Don't frustrate the rest of the game.

Mythose
  7. Sindaiann Augur

Did Illusory Ally allow aggro focused on the pets prior to the patch? Yes. Does it now? No. Does it matter in a raid setting? No. Does it matter more so how I used to use Illusory Ally to do certain things? Yes. Do I care? No. Why? Because it doesn't stop me from doing them.

You have many other abilities and utilities, use them.

Your main issue in a raid setting is with tanks and healing. Sorry to be that guy, but it is true. I don't have this issue at all.
  8. Silv Augur

Sindy is sassy today. I like it.

I don't find myself using them that often so I can't comment how they've changed or what not but yeah, self-aggro manipulation is something Enchanters are pretty adept at currently IMO. Not every AA we have is going to be great... might just be time to ditch using them and develop other strategies. Or they could adjust them to be useful~ either way.
  9. Boleslav New Member

I have been having a slightly different experience than the OP. I am a poorly geared returning Paladin, boxing an Enchanter, and sometimes also a Mage.

I use Phantasmal Opponent for 2 reasons. 1, it is some extra DPS. 2, I will use it like the OP (but in a group or box situation) to give me (the Paladin trying to tank) a quick break from getting beat on. It works well for that for me. the Phantasmal Opponent takes aggro unless I really want to grab it back.

The issue is that when the Phantasmal Opponent dies, the aggro gets dumped on the Enchanter. I don't remember this being the case before TDS. I have gotten better at dealing with this (chanter keeps runes up, stuns, then steps back giving PAL time to regain aggro), but it did take a few splats to sort out. Against a tough named that are immune to stuns (when the PAL really needs a break) I have to be extra careful when I use it.

Anyway, my point is that I agree with the OP that it aggro management of this seems to have changed over time.
  10. Faana Augur

What is WRONG with you people saying we aren't getting agro from AA pets????? Have you even cast one in the last 3 months? You don't even get time to go into stasis! Step out into the group game sometime.

Everyone else, better go look at the upcoming patch notes. They're ignoring our agro issues. :mad:
  11. Silv Augur

No one in this entire thread said we weren't getting aggro from them sooooo...? :confused: