Fixed Internally Changing Characters/Servers - Someone logged into your account error

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Troutfest, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Drewie Augur

This used to happen to me a lot, maybe 60-70% of the time, and I noticed that even before today's maintenance it didn't seem to happen anymore. So right now I just tried switching around 8 toons and it all went fine. I'm on the European server Antonius Bayle.
  2. Brickhaus Augur

I still got the error last night on multiple accounts. Seems to be related to how long an account instance has been active ... usually over 12 hours.
  3. Scila Augur

I am switching to a different toon so expecting char select.
  4. cadres Augur

Exactly this
    I have to then go back to the launchpad to log in
    This happens at least weekly on my main acc, very rarely on the alt accounts
  5. Karhar Dream Crusher

i don't know why i keep trying to /camp and then "boot" my character from server select when i don't end up at character select, instead of closing the EQ window and repatch anyhow.
  6. Malbro Augur

Yes, I use /camp and do not hit fast camp. Go to server select and then click on play. Sometime I get your account can't be validated or another player has logged on to your account.

At that time I do ctrl-alt-delete and end task on eq.
  7. Malbro Augur

Sigh, another day another crash to server select, another player has logged into your acct., can't validate your account BS!

Logged onto my tinkerer to see what I need to get to 300. Switched to my Main to switch material and coin to the tinkerer. Camped to go back to said tinkerer got sent to the server select and the whole BS listed above.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  8. Drewie Augur

Well it keeps happening after all. Maybe it's somehow related to how long the server was up ? Not related to the duration of my session though, since it can (and did) happen even a few minutes after starting a session. When I'm switching characters, if the switch takes longer than 2-3 seconds then it crashes most of the time.
  9. Malbro Augur

Still crashing to server select and someone else on the account crap when changing characters. Is this ever going to be fixed?
  10. Laurana Augur

Still an issues now for multiple years. In Modest Guild Hall. Try to switch between main and characters with tradeskill supplies and using Fast Camp, end up at server select screen. Have to close out the game, re-patch every time.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

Happened to me today on one character, logged out via /camp, while in a guild hall, and I was sent to server select and then login screen with a "someone else is logged in" error. Had to close the EQ session and start over.
  12. Malbro Augur

Happened again to me changing from an alt after going to Maiden's Eye to get an aug then camping to go back to my main.
  13. Ndaara New Member

Happened again just now. Usually happens when zoning, rarely when swapping between characters. This week it's happened several times when zoning into POK. Usually I play 3 characters on 2 computers. Sometimes I can log in the offending character on the other computer, then switch back... sometimes not. It might crash the first time I try to zone, or it might be fine for 2 hours and then crash. The message is always the same:

The server is not responding. You have been disconnected.

Sometimes followed by:
    Another character is logged in....if this is not you...change your password immediately.

This happens randomly across all accounts, all characters, both computers. Posting now because I don't see many others mention zoning, so maybe that's helpful?
  14. cadres Augur

Happened to me about 10x over Sat/Sun/Mon - always seems to happen more often at weekends (server load?)
    Almost always on the same account (the oldest/main account)
  15. p2aa Augur

This issue is an old one, which was fixed somehow around February 2020 in the thread

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/hanging-when-logging-out.260279/page-5

It really fixed it, and it was great.

Sadly it didn't last, I cannot recall exactly for how many months it was really fixed (We can guess it worked from February to August 2020 at best, so for 6 months max), but as of today I still experience it since a long time now (aka it's not fixed anymore).

I cannot quote on this thread, but here is what JChan said , post #93 :

"You can thank Niente for fixing this final hard to track down issue"

So maybe this can help devs acknowledge / reproduce this issue which was successfully reproduced back then and / or use the same solutions to fix it ?
  16. Malbro Augur

Log to my little enchanter and did overseer, then logged to my main and went to Maiden's Eye to buy a raid ore.

I then zoned to PoK and made a bloodied luclinite ring of vigor. Then I zoned to the guildhall and changed my augments out. Camped out and got sent to the server select and surprise surprise surprise, got another player has logged in on this account BS.

When is this crap going to be fixed, IT IS GETTING OLD! :mad:
  17. Strumph Augur

No it is not getting old... we are WAY past that! I wish more people this is happening to would chime in and like the first post.

Though noticed it now flagged QA in Progress instead of More Info Needed, so progress there! Let's hope they get it figured out.
  18. Ndaara New Member

I found this thread that actually matches my issue, a little better:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-been-disconnected.270567/page-3#post-3991491

I have the same CenturyLink gateway (modem/router doohickey) mentioned in that thread, and this "fix" worked for a few days, then back to crashing. In the past couple of months this has been limited to just one random character per account at a time. Also the time between events is random. Might be a day, might be 3 or 5 days. This week, it's begun affecting more than one random character on an account, and it's happening every day on at least one account, rather than every few days.

Just spent the past HOUR trying to get at least one of my trios in to play. Rarely do I get play time on a weekend, especially a bonus exp weekend, so I was pretty excited!! Now I'm just ... sad.

Hoping I get to try again before the weekend's over!
  19. Strumph Augur

Glad you found a thread about your issue. Though you could be affected by this one sometimes, but it's only when camping to change characters and/or servers for this issue.
  20. Malbro Augur

Just logged out from character select and got the old login window with the message that my account could not be validated please log in.

This is ridiculous that this still going on after, what?, 4 patches at least.
    Fenthen and Metanis like this.