Fixed Internally Changing Characters/Servers - Someone logged into your account error

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Troutfest, Aug 22, 2020.

1. GNOME_POWER Augur

If I change characters without logging out, there is a high probability of 99% disconnection.
    My solution is to log out completely, wait 3 minutes and then log back in.
  2. Diani Augur

It didn't happen to mefor some time, but this is still happening.
    Saturday, sunday, monday and now tuesday, four days in a row.
  3. Diani Augur

And to add to this: I logged in to the wrong character when getting back in and have a guess what happend (again) when I wanted to switch to the right character.

btw, did someone already mention that the first try of loging in after being booted this way I always get the message that my log in could not be validated.

4. Strumph Augur

Been a month since your last post. I PM'd you as requested, but yet this is still flagged for info needed. Are you guys still not able to duplicate the issue?
  5. ChiiChii Augur

Personally, I have seen this myself. It seems as the two accounts this occurs on are named the same name with integers at the end. Even when logging in to the DB support portal with one (1a) of the two (1b) effected accounts, it would show as me being logged in to the other effected account.
    Example: Login with 1a and the support portal shows I'm logged in with account 1b.
    Another example: Login to launchpad.exe with account 1b, at the server select screen it'll tell me I have a player already logged in (from the 1a account) when I don't have a toon logged in on the 1b account.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I had this happen EVERY Time I was on Elyssanda Today. and as I was tradeskilling a bunch, swapping to alt to get supplies, it was like every 30-45 minutes.. Just on Elyssanda, not from the alts. I could log in alts, change alts , everything was fine, log in Ely, do the TS, Camp out to swap alts, and crash. I restarted my PC twice, didn't help.. every single time I was on Ely, if I fast camped, or left it for the full 30 second campout.. I crashed to server select, was told someone logged me in, (they didn't, no one can) and was booted.
  7. Jedis Arch Mage

This happens regularly with my characters, too.
  8. Fenthen aka Rath

Have you tried doing this on live servers, and not a closed-off test environment?
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

This is a repost of my post yesterday, because I found Niente's post requesting exactly what information they were looking for.

I had this happen EVERY Time I was on Elyssanda yesterday. and as I was tradeskilling a bunch, swapping to alt to get supplies, it was like every 30-45 minutes.. Just on Elyssanda, not from the alts on that same account. I could log in alts, change alts , everything was fine, log in Ely, do the TS, Camp out to swap alts, and crash. I restarted my PC twice, didn't help.. every single time I was on Ely, if I fast camped, or left it for the full 30 second campout.. I crashed to server select, was told someone logged me in, (they didn't, no one can) and was booted.this, so far, is not happening on Katarite's account at all.. the only character it is affecting is Elyssanda.
    Strumph and cadres like this.
  10. Malbro Augur

I've been having it happen when I do all 3 of those, Especially when I've zoned multiple times.
  11. Strumph Augur

This is ANNOYING!!! Same thing with my toon doing the same thing! Still waiting on word if they figured it out of somehow need more info.
  12. Elyssanda Bardbrain

tradeskill run today, swapped alts all over on 2 accounts, no crashes on anyone, not Ely even.
  13. Jedis Arch Mage

Yes, I have this issue when swapping out credit cards or opening a petition on the website. I login as one account and it shows a different one, but it seems to just be a display error.
  14. MiataDriver Augur

All of the above randomly sometimes I am booted to server when I am just camping to character select. It also happens if I /camp server. It does not happen 100% of the time, I would say about 75% of the time or so.
  15. MiataDriver Augur

Most recently Graeme on Vaniki, often happens to me on E. Marr, also Graeme.
  16. MiataDriver Augur

For me, I just have to camp out to character select, whether fast camping, or normal doesn't matter, and about 75% of the time it will dump me to server select instead, and then say I have a character already logged in. maybe 50% of the time when I try to boot the "logged in" character from the world, it will instead drop me to the log in instead and then fail the log in once before allowing me to log in.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. Malbro Augur

Last night I camped from the character select screen and was told it couldn't validate my account while showing the old log in screen.
  18. Strumph Augur

Still no update to this? Still flagged as "Info needed".
    Fenthen likes this.
  19. Elyssanda Bardbrain

just had this happen on Chammalama on Ely's account. camp out.. end up at OLD log in screen saying I could not be verified..
  20. Malbro Augur

Patch was on the 15th, Every time I log in on one character, do overseer, and log to another THEN try to log to a third I get dumped to server select.

This has gotten worse each successive patch. Is there no fix or does anyone even care?
    Elyssanda likes this.