Fixed Internally Changing Characters/Servers - Someone logged into your account error

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Troutfest, Aug 22, 2020.

1. tanith Augur

Seriously, if the problem can't be fixed can at least that message about someone else logging into your account be dealt with?
    Speaking tonight to a guy who had left EQ for a long time because he got it, thought there had been a security breach with his uber-locked down work stuff and caused him all colours of hassle.
    Just the latest in long list of folk who've been properly stressed by this - can we get some progress?
    dreadlord and Nennius like this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This has been happening every so often in the past week or so when I switch characters.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

I actually dread having to swap toons on any of my accounts now. It's not only the bug itself, but the randomness of it just makes it miserable.
  4. Eaiana Augur

Not a great solution I know, but if you get this often you can do '/camp server' and at least not have to log in again.
    Raytan likes this.
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

That doesn't do anything. The bug is being dropped to the server select screen when trying to just swap to another toon on the same server. Then, you have to sit there at the server screen for several minutes while the game boots your toon that's still in game.
  6. Eaiana Augur

I used to hit this bug almost daily. /camp server kills the client so it doesn't crash, and doesn't trigger the someone else is logged in check. You can log right back in after selecting your server. Just have to go through the server select again, no waiting. Try it!
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Velisaris_MS Augur

I have zero idea what you're talking about.

If you're using /camp (or the hotbutton in game) to go back to the character screen to swap toons and the bug hits, you can't put in any other commands...because you're camping out It just goes immediately to the server screen and you have to wait several minutes for the previous toon to get booted from the server before you pick a server and get back in. If you try and get back in before your toon is removed from the world, you get the error message.

You must be talking about something else.
  8. Eaiana Augur

Don't use /camp or the hotbutton to exit your session. Use /camp server. This skips the character select screen, makes you choose your server gain, and never triggers the crash. No waiting to get booted, you camped normally.
    Metanis and Raytan like this.
  9. Gialana Augur

This happens anytime you crash to the server select, though I don't know why camping to character select sometimes crashes you to the server select. But over the holidays, I was playing on a laptop that likely didn't have enough memory. Even while playing, one or more of my clients would often freeze. After several minutes, the frozen client would be at the server select.

Unless DBG removes what is triggering the someone is logged into your account message, these are the current options to get back into the game.
    1. Close the client and re-run Launchpad.
    2. Accept the message that someone is logged into your account, be dropped to the old school login screen, ensure the correct account name is showing, type in anything for your password, accept the error message, enter your correct password, and login to your server.

In both cases, you might get another warning that a character is currently logged in on your account. But this time the character will successfully be removed.

Option 2 probably isn't worth doing. However, I wrote that you can type in any password the first time because it didn't matter if I typed the correct password; I always got an error message that my username or password couldn't be verified the first try.
  10. Horse Journeyman

This is incorrect information. I started using the "/camp server" after seeing this claim to avoid the dreaded crash.... unfortunately, it still crashes!
  11. Velisaris_MS Augur

If you get dropped to the server select screen, just can just let it sit there for a few minutes and eventually, the character you had logged in will be booted and you can enter the game normally. I found that about 8 min is long enough to clear it...trying to click it earlier would give me the error message.

I've tried closing the client completely and starting it again, but sometimes I'd still get the error message because the toon I did have logged in still hadn't been booted fast enough.
  12. niente Developer

If you're able to reproduce this crash reliably, can you please PM me or post the contents of your dbg.txt file after you crash? (don't log back in or it will overwrite the file)

If you get a message about "someone else is on your account, change your password," can you let me know the exact text you're getting? I've been having trouble finding it.

This is what I get when trying to boot the same account on a separate client: "You already have a character logged into a world server from this account. You may only have 1 character from a single account logged into a server at a time (even across different servers). Would you like to remove this character from the game so you may login?"

The game is not disconnecting people cleanly in certain cases and it's not clear why. It's also been really difficult to reproduce (and only reproduced on live).
  13. Fenl Bard

I get this message every time I leave a vendor in offline mode in the bazaar and then the login server crashes. I suspect it loses track of what state your character is in.
  14. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I usually get that when i do a fast campout and instead of sending me to my char's it sends to server select screen or all the way back to wear you put in your name and pw kinda annoying as when it happens i have to log all the way out and back again.
  15. tanith Augur

The text is:
    "Another player has logged in on this account. If this was not you, it is highly recommended that you change your password immediately"

file sent in PM
    niente and Nennius like this.
  16. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Sent. :)
    niente likes this.
  17. Strumph Augur

I haven't found a way to reproduce it. Though it's the mains on each of the accounts that it happens to (not to say it can't happen to alts, but so rare) and the issue persists if the toon is copied to Beta or Test. When I log out tonight I'll send a file or 4!
  18. Elyssanda Bardbrain

twice today On Ely's account.. one after full shutdown and restart of my PC
  19. niente Developer

Thanks for all the helpful information that was sent to me.

If you've previously had this issue occur on the Test server, and you have time this week, please try logging out/in a bit and see if you are still seeing the problem. A very tiny change was made that I am not sure will make an impact, but I'd like to know if it helps.
    Molybedium, Yinla and Thunderkiks like this.
  20. Strumph Augur

Initial testing says it has helped. I camped Strumph 16 times, Yonna 10 times and Zois 10 times and each time they all went to character select as desired. Now to see if it works on Live.
    niente likes this.