Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Garshok Augur

Somehow I don't classify video games as a 'sport.' EQ doesn't even demand very good reflexes compared to many other games (much less sports) and - research on potential value of some video games for Alzheimer's, etc. notwithstanding - has much fewer benefits for overall physical health.

Your opinion, of course, may differ. If you want to be proud of your time spent in EQ, by all means go for it. [Though I fail to see how someone getting a leg up to a spot far below where you are would diminish your achievements.]
  2. Piestro Augur

That ability was already gone. The next time we did a level cap increase the ability would have been not upgraded again. Now it will do something, sometimes.
    Teranna and Cimbaeth like this.
  3. aniam Journeyman

yep people will just get creative and find new ways to get insanely fast exp. Myself i've already trying to think of what i could do be it duo with someone or have a box do something make nerf not so bad. If lag is problem guess what i lag on raids better nerf those raids down to 12 man group...
    Leeroy Jenkins likes this.
  4. dreama121 Journeyman

Have you played high ranking PvP? People talking about it being such an easy game, go and try doing that and then talk. They have the right idea, the pvp there is about skill more so than gear. the high end raiding is very similar to EQ, too.
    Leeanni and DanishNjava_VZ like this.
  5. Potawatomi Augur

When you played the game 10 years ago there weren't 10,0000 AA points for you to get. Making it easier for people to experience current content isn't an indictment on you or your time spent. I honestly don't get how getting more people in the end game is really ruining the game. I got my 7000 some odd AA the same way you did. Whatever helps the longevity of the game I'm for.
    DirtyGurtie likes this.
  6. Nightmares Augur

LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE!
    Raids lag the crap out of a TON of people. So basically that's one of your reasons for these nerfs, its affecting other people. /sagely nod
    No one complains about it, they just turn off certain options and deal with it the best they can. From what I am seeing, Raids will never stop coming out with new expansions, so does that mean SOE is adding to the problem? ROFL. :p

(Just trying to ease some tension here is all, not being "totally" serious, but it is true that the majority of your players turn our options way down or off to deal with things, but that has ALWAYS been the case, even before beaming and swarming).
  7. Rorce Augur

I have no interest in PvP. And looking at the EQ server list for Normal vs PvP, I'd say the mass majority of EQ players have no interest in it either.
    DirtyGurtie and frostbite like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With the changes to Decap, Assassinate and Head Shot will you be giving refunds the same way you did with Manaburn (yes I said that word) when that was changed and letting the players repurchase the AA's if they still want the ability?
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Critton New Member

Well to be sure after 8 years and 3 account I have a number of Toons that will welcome this. Giving it to new to new players! We need new players! Lots of them! I want to go to Everfrost and see 10 folks there. Will this bring them. I don't think so. What kept me in the game those many years ago was the players. Folks gave me armor, and I paid 1pp for my first uber weapon. It is hard explain how I felt. Now days real noobs are ignored for the most part cause there are little in the middle. Give 100 exp for helping level 1's. Make it worth wihile. Level one's are the folk we need. Make sure they can;t explote it.
  10. Zanarnar Augur

Fenthen likes this.
  11. Harabakc Augur

Having the ability to have some solo function until then, is still better than what is proposed. This ability is NOT worth 199 AA. It is not what I paid for.
  12. Catastro Fees New Member

4 more that were gold here
  13. Rorce Augur

I'm not even gonna attempt to locate it, but I'm fairly certain a red name did say this would happen.
  14. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

Wait... WHAT??? If clerics are so powerful, WHY is it that most people seem to prefer to cycle through multiple mercs rather than have a live cleric in the group? The cleric population dropped drastically after mercs came out because the mercs med faster and you can just suspend one and pop another if you don't even want to wait 1 minute that it takes mercs to med to full. Live clerics have to deal with "fast" heals that really aren't fast, group heals that take longer to cast than a shaman's or have a recast time that renders them almost completely useless for raids/groups, plus the overall watering down of class defining abilities such as rezzes and buffs.

Yes, our buffs last longer than a merc's and we're smart enough not to waste time casting symbol if there's no druid in the group... whoopee frickin' do.
    Geroblue, Ardin, Fenthen and 2 others like this.
  15. Piestro Augur

Depends on the level of course. I'd guess somewhere in the .3% of a level at 99 range per level 98 mob. That's not accurate but it's close enough.
  16. Badname0553. Elder

Its not a flat 4K granted it totally depends on the class. Rangers for instance will be granted 6900AA once they ding 85 and click the button while under a gold sub. Almost 7K aa instantly. But them having another 5400 or whatever there max is fair enough.
    Fenthen likes this.
  17. dreama121 Journeyman

That's not the point. In a lot of ways, world of warcraft can be a very difficult game, if you want it to be, but it caters to everyone's playstyle and that's why it's so successful. The amount of AAs in everquest has ruined the game, because as people have mentioned before, it just creates a bigger divide among new players and old ones. I don't know how it is that EQ2 has functioned on 100-340 AAs for the time its been around, yet EQ has gone up to the tens of thousands.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

19. Nightmares Augur

Yes, it has been stated that with the changes there will be refunds for HS, Anatomy, Decap and Mortal Coil. You may repurchase them IF you wish.(though some changes have happened for Mortal Coil, so not sure if that still stands for that...)
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Rorce Augur

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. When I'm grouped with my gf who is a Cleric, I can pull 2-3 mobs at a time with my SK constantly. She has to stop to med maybe once an hour, sometimes less than that. With a merc, I have to pull 1 at a time, and it has to med far more frequently.
    Nissko likes this.