Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Wwein New Member

Ranger Headshot = Mass Killing? How so 1 shot 1 target 1 kill doesn't mass mean more then 1? Rangers are a proc'ing class due to their high Dex and this is to be taken away from us also by limiting to 2 per minute? I knew this was coming due to all the Mage Beam Kiting that was going on but seriously haven't you nerfed the Ranger enough. Maybe its time to look for a different game
  2. Cicelee Augur

For those wondering why the tradeskill AA is not wanted by some...

When you want to skill up, you want to gain skill- not necessarily make something. If I use a Draught of Craftsman potion (100% salvage) and do not make anything, theoretically I can use the same exact items over and over and over again and skill up eventually. Once I make something, I lose those items and have to make sure I have more of them.

In more simpler terms, it could take me 100 stacks of "x" ingredients to make "y" item to hope for skill ups with the tradeskill mastery AA; however it mayonly take 10 stacks if I don't have the mastery AA and have 100% salvage. In both scenarios I could skill up the exact same amount of points.
    moogs likes this.
  3. Deckerd Smeckerd Augur

4. Atrocitas New Member

I'm not sure why you're getting emotional about this. No where did I say anything that would validate your claim that I "think my opinion is more valid than any others".

It's fairly obvious that my opinion isn't even a little bit valid to the people that matter. They made their choice and I'm making mine.

Enjoy White-Knighting for SOE. I'm sure it will keep you entertained for quite some time given the explosion of posts. I've wasted enough time here already.
    Barnwyr likes this.
  5. Skotsh New Member

So I signed up on the forum just to leave my 2cp about this mess.

I guess EQ has to keep up with the times. 'Casual gamers' can't stand anything the slightest bit difficult and that must be what you guys are catering to now. I understand, lots of games are doing it, and you feel you must to compete. That's why it sucks for those of us who came back to Everquest because we were looking for something difficult. I was sick of all these 'easy-mode' games so I came back to the one game I remember being hard. Everything was a challenge. Levelling was hard. AAs (once introduced) were hard. Now, leveling is a joke. Level 1-85 took me about a week without using these ridiculous poweleveling methods that are being nerfed. AAs are currently a joke. When I played years ago, one a night was considered pretty good. Now I easily bang out over 100 without trying too hard. I cannot even begin to comprehend how people are saying 'oh it's sooo hard' and whatnot. So, with these changes, I will be able to make a level 85+ alt AND have 4000+ AA in a week's time. Sad. Just add pandas and call this World of Everquest already.
    Stillwafer, Melanippe, Caell and 4 others like this.
  6. Risiko Augur

Totally agree. This is the final nail in the True EQ experience's coffin.

I am so disappointed in SoE right now. Just sad.
    Stillwafer, drkoli, Caell and 5 others like this.
  7. Kanxxxx New Member

Why make you waste a week. They should let you create the level character you want.
    Slaade likes this.
  8. Leigo You come here often?

Now it's not swarming I'm worried about, its more of SK's having to grab agro on many mobs in raid events to keep them off the raid/healers.
    As I said before I don't think adding a counter to the spell is needed, perhaps upping the cooldown by 1 minute?
    Having played an SK it was Mortal Coil that was the major factor in swarming, not so much in raiding as the proc rate wasn't that great. But having the full duration of Lich Sting was a life savor in raiding, for the SK and the melee in grp.

I am on the fence about the Clr Shinning line getting nerfed.. Yeah I see how it was used for swarming, but based on parses adding a 80+ counter to it would be desirable considering the 9 minute duration on the spell.

I have no real opinion on the Assassinate, Decapitation and Headshot AA's as I don't play those classes really. But I think nerfing them and upping the cap is fair enough so they stay in play with current content. Agro with these abilities really needs to be looked at though, lol. Perhaps added a AA to lessen agro with them OR adding an agro mod to the 3 that will lessen agro with each rank.
    Stillwafer and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. DigiScot New Member

and still have 15 levels and a huge amount of content that will take you a long time to play through....

Plus you don't need to click that grant AA's checkbox, so ultimately your moaning about nothing that will affect you, unless you choose to accept it.
    Gyurika Godofwar and dreama121 like this.
  10. Sostenes Augur

I agree, in a world where people pay .99 to get another chance to beat a Candy Crush level, trying to learn and craft Batwing Crunchies is just too hard :(
    Stillwafer, Slaade and Dexxeaa00 like this.
  11. dreama121 Journeyman

Threatening you will quit if they do not do something implies that you think that you have some bargaining power, and people are complaining about others being entitled.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Leigo You come here often?

As stated in the post, this is OPTIONAL. Those that want the grant can have it and those that want to work they're way up can do so. This is win win.
    dreama121 likes this.
  13. Manditik New Member

It's unbelievable that you would give people that many free AA's but not to refund us the free AA's is just insulting. Canceling my three accounts.Can't believe I thought playing this game again would be fun. I hope EQ3 has a better team making these decisions.
    Stillwafer, Morningdew, Kazh and 2 others like this.
  14. Xirtket Augur

I don't think there should be any reward for those of us who "ground" out all the current aa's, all that does is further separate people, it's a multiplayer game, you want us playing together, stop considering ways to set a gap. It also creates a potential problem for new comers who didn't grind them out to complain about it in the future and want the same rewards we got..

I really think rewarding for aa's gotten prior to this is a bit of a pandoras box.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Bigstomp like this.
  15. Garshok Augur

Gotta reinforce this. Not just for this - for scads and scads of big changes SOE has made over the years. Change is necessary - got it. Some people won't like the changes, but they are necessary (in the dev's minds at least) for the good of the game. Got that.

Respect players' time. If you have let something significant stay in game for months (or years), and you are going to change it, try to give players a couple of months notice, so they are not running around spending time doing something that will be reduced to almost zero value overnight.

We had a guy on general last night who had come back and rerolled and was slightly miffed because he's been soloing his way up and AAing along the way; he was thinking that he would have been better off spending that time just leveling if he's going to get autogranted AA's,nd feels the time he spent AAing was wasted. Sure, he'll be happy to have all those AA - but he also has a bit of a bad taste having spent time AAing.

Or the Harmonic Arrow nerf. It's in the game for over a year; I finally decide OK, I am sick of getting slammed by overpulls in UF tunnels, time to get a ranger. Being a less than decent PLer, this takes me awhile. And a week and a half after the ranger is able to finally contribute, *BOOM* - nerf bat hits.

I really don't care about leadership AAs being given to all, AAs being autogranted, etc. I've had those for years; I can say (and SOE can say) 'well, by earning those the 'old-fashioned' way, you have had the benefits of those abilities for years.' Got it. No gripes.

But when you make a change that could negate a lot of in-game effort . . . it would be nice if you could give a couple of months warning, prominently, so players can decide 'hey, they are going to take away this ability in three months, so it's not worth re-rolling to try and develop a character to utilize it,' or 'hey, this is coming in three months - I'll just wait instead of working on it now.'

Many may charge ahead and do it anyway, but particularly for folks with less game time, . . . advance notice of major, major would be appreciated. If it has been allowed in the game for over a year, is it really so urgent to fix it NOW rather than in a couple of months time?
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. dreama121 Journeyman

If an expansion were to come out tomorrow and pretty much trivialize all the gear you got, does that mean that the previous gear you got was a waste of time?
    Gyurika Godofwar and DigiScot like this.
  17. Rhuark New Member

Please, can you just leave the sk epic as it is currently, mess with anything else, remove mc for all I care, but the measly 1.5 min of it being active, please reconsider placing any kind of limit on it.
    The time alone, limits how many mobs you can successfully kill before it fades.
  18. Leigo You come here often?

Bah, what is unbelievable is that someone would cancel their account because of an optional AA grant.
    I spent hours,days,weeks and years grinding out AA with friends and guildies. Not every group was awesome, but I had a good time doing it and DO NOT want those AA given back.
    I support the auto grant option and think it will help returning players get in the groove of things quicker and able to get out there and play with old friends or make some new ones!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mintalie like this.
  19. Gr8fuldave Augur

Every time i read someone who writes, "I'm cancelling 12 accounts as soon as this goes into effect!" I can't help but hear Milton's voice.
    [IMG]

"I said NO SALT!"
  20. Barnwyr Apprentice

In all this negativity, I have to say, if SOE refunded me the aa's they were now "granting", that would change my mind.

Yes nooblets, I should have more aa's than you because I've played longer than you.
    Caell, Son of a..., LostBoy32 and 2 others like this.