Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Coldmouth Elder

2k isn't caught up
    vjfinazzo and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Rathlorn New Member

Please reconsider the changes to the Sk epic at this time. If your only intent is to end swarming then continue with the changes to MC ( Many Sks think you should just remove the leech effect from MC altogether, myself included). This will end the massive pull swarming all by itself. The change to the epic can always be done at a later date if the MC change doesn't accomplish your goals. What would it hurt to make small changes until you get the desired effect? I understand and support the need to end swarming but our epic is not the problem, and any changes to it will risk a much bigger problem in our primary role. It costs you nothing to take a measured approach but will potentially garner you a great deal of good will ( At least from Sks). If there any reasons why this approach wouldn't work please educate me as to why not.

As for the AA grant Good....Now i can drag my old friends back who haven't played in years and use the excuse "I'm so far behind" This only adds the potential for groupers and future raiders. I see no negative as you can opt out if you choose. If your only concern is that you will no longer be able to impress the newbies with your massive AA count ....... get over it. If your concerned people wont know how to play there class then take time to teach them, just like people used to do "back in the day". It will cost you nothing but time and reward you with another good EQ Friend.
  3. Pirouette Augur

Anyone happen to know at what level when the EXP bonus curve ends? My main is at 5250, wondering if it's worth it or not to opt in for the couple hundred AAs or so of planar stats, enhanced aggression, innate stats and mystical attuning.
  4. Ssixa Augur

It does crit, but I think you are referring more to the fact that you can't mod it with dmg mod discs? Correct me if I'm wrong about that.

That's because Decap is coded as a spell (noticeable when a bard clicks Fierce Eye...a decap crit goes up - and by a good bit, I wanna say at least 100k dmg but I rarely have a bard with me when I play my zerker alt). I'm not sure if it can twinproc...But this is the stuff you're probably interested in. If you want melee dmg mods to affect it, you'll probably have to get Elidroth to re-code it completely. Good luck lol.
  5. Maribel New Member

I think the SK changes are a good compromise.

Chain class procs - I think this will need to be tested extensively since it seems like such a major change.

However, I have spent countless hours earning the AA's I have over levelling so I could enjoy SoD+ (expansions I missed during my hiatus, and I'm an alt-aholic so I've repeated this many times) without being too much in easy mode (no fun). You will be auto-granting a lot of those. If we opt in, do we get a "refund" on the auto-granted so we can spend the ones we earnt the hard way?

e.g. I spent god knows how much on CA and CS on my toons, and I expect those will be auto granted. Will I get a refund for that so I can reward the hours of grinding on buying more fun class AA's instead?
    Kazh likes this.
  6. Morningdew Lorekeeper

Yes but if it only takes 2 days to get to 85 with 2 k aa's, i don't see where it will take years to get the rest of the aa's done. Should not take more than a few more days as aa's are easier to come by at higher levels. A few heroic missions a day and you are caught up pretty quickly. After a 2 year absence I went from level 90 with 2500 aa to level 100 with 5500 aa's in 4 weeks. That does not seem like years behind to me.
  7. Rubidium New Member

Why does everyone keep mentioning 4k as the amount of autogranted AAs? It's actually much worse.

Here's a useful table (thanks, Elidroth :):
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...d-ability-changes.207363/page-17#post-3043517

But for some mysterious reason Elidroth was reluctant to specify the exact count of granted AAs and never corrected anyone menioning "4k" (I may have skipped a page or two but I'm fairly sure).
    Let's take my class (Paladin). If I was to claim the granted AAs I would presumably be left with 5436 to grind to the cap (if I didn't already have some HoT AAs). On Magelo we can see a couple dozen of top paladins having around 12350 AA.
    So the difference is 6914.

8. EightBitTony Journeyman

Thank you for listening. It's not as far as I'd like, but it's better than the original. I will opt out on my three mains (I'll see how long my resolve lasts) and immediately opt in on my alts. I appreciate your communication and your willingness to listen to options.

I don't play (to a high level) any of the characters with changed abilities, but I do suffer (daily) the impact of the abuse of some of them, so I thank you for a) sticking to your guns about making the game better for many of us and b) listening to reasonable feedback and adjusting the response accordingly (on behalf of those with affected skills).

(While we're here, any chance of un-nerfing No Time to Bleed, 600 hit counter means it's already limited, why not forget the duration ...... well, I had to try right?)
  9. Hindolmer New Member

I like the new changes to the previous new changes. I really wish that there could be a couple more. I made mention of them last night when I was posting out of anger. I really wish you would remove the guild lobby and ability to summon your corpse. If you want to see people start playing well together again, keep the mercs and also make it to where a cleric is needed for the 96% resurrection, along with the other classes that have the ability. I wish that everything on our person would stay on the corpse again when we died, it made the game very challenging which at the same time made you learn really quickly how to play and which snake not to poke. You had to remember where you died. I'm just thinking back to the days you had to ask a necro to summon your corpse with a coffin. I think that would make people think twice about dumb decisions. I would also like to see something actually happen when I'm out of food and drink. Don't just annoy me with the text of it, make my screen blurry or black out from no food or drink. Finally fix the stats on my Butcher Block Hammer! I was always told that it would take a huge change in the game for SOE to patch in changes for my artifact weapon won many moons ago....well now is the time :)

But on a serious note. I thank you for all the time you have taken to explain things to us and your continuous presence here in the forum during this really difficult time in our EQ lives.
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Consider Splitting "Nerf" Topic and "AA Auto-grant" Topic into 2 Threads.

Might I suggest splitting the Nerfs and AA Autogrant announcements into two separate threads. There is constructive statistical interplay (directed at nerfs) interspersed with rage-quit posts (directed at AA grant).
    Deadjester likes this.
  11. Perspero New Member

I don't think they are listening to what we are saying. We DO NOT want you to sell 4000 aa's to people for the low price of one months subscription price. If this is going to be the case then I would like just 4000 banked aa's so I can spend them anyway I want to. At least that way I would FEEL as though I were benefiting. The "you've benefited from them for x amount of time already" doesn't fly for me, because I EARNED the right to benefit from them for x amount of time. They weren't just given to me to benefit from.

No, no! A thousand times no. Don't smile and nod and act like you're listening to our feedback on the aa granting. I get the feeling you guys are just going to do it no matter what, it's written in stone, but you'd still like to ignore our feedback. Sheesh. :mad:
    Caell and Morningdew like this.
  12. Bartoss Journeyman

Piestro
    I wanted to give some feed back on AA auto-grant. Although a lot of people are upset about it, there is a legitimate argument to keeping spell casting sub and trade skill AA's.

Say I'm a lvl 85 wizard with out spell casting sub. I Manage to get a group, what sets me apart from a wizard merc and a real wizard? my dps and ability to NOT pull agro with that dps. If I pull agro off tank, what's to say they wont replace me with a merc on balanced now?

As for the trade skill AA's
    As I have been playing for many years, and have 9k AA's I have almost every AA maxed out expect for the trade skill AA's. By not granting these with the AA grant I am inherently getting the short end of the stick compared to a player who decided to buy these first.

in conclusion please reconsider re adding these AA's to the grant.
  13. Morningdew Lorekeeper

WOW, thanks for making me even more sad that somebody can get over 6900 aa's for only the cost of a 1 month subscription or 300k plat to buy a krono. All so SOE can get a 1 month influx of money from all the silver accounts temporarily upgrading to gold. I know they stated that this money was not needed for EQNext directly but I'm guessing that they need the money to replace devs that were reassigned to EQN. Clearly SOE has a cash issue as they have stated that is why they canceled 4 online games. Shame on them for trying to say is for the better long term health of the game. In 3 months there will be the same number of paid accounts as there is now. The few gains they get from granting aa's will be offset by the few people that actually put their money where their mouth is and quit when they say they are going to quit. Hopefully more people like myself stop their recurring accounts so that MAYBE soe will see what a mistake this is. And I know there will be the few who say don't let the door hit you on the way out because they are happy they don't have to grind aa's on their 30 alts on their boxed accounts.
  14. Bloodclaws Journeyman

You all kill me, I mean really you see all these posts from the 97 page forum before this one ta the 25 plus pages of this one that has happened since midnight and all the players whom most are vets who just never bothered posting before myself included and you think this crap is just folks ranting. You gotta be kidding me ya many have posted a few times but all have a general concern for their class which isn't something ta be scoffed at.

Every single change has huge implications on how individuals will be able to function and xp, and I do not just mean grind on aa's. I myself have a raised a serker for the express purpose of the decap ability just so i had a utility toon with whom to level my other toons an for some of you whining about serkers getting ta decap everything well thats the cost of getting crap till your 91. The fact is the changes will affect everyone an that bugs the hell outta me once they do what they intend regardless of the lvl being lifted ta one under the toons lvl the ability becomes worthless cause your not living long enough for it to matter less your raid geared an even then you still may not.

An as previously posted by myself and a few others the best outright fix would be simply to limit the procs to that which is in your target window
    if the crap isnt in your window its beating you an your dead if you have to many period what is so freaking hard about that. seriously thats what they did with the proc on earthshaker why the hell cant they transfer the math on over to the procs for decap hs an assassinate

Cleric do not deserve the bag of crap they are getting at all sk's well the community has come together an almost come to a compromise i guess an mages well they where the biggest part of the entire issue an basically just got told k you cant kill 300 red mobs u can only kill 12 at a time

An who really cares about this HA ability it really has no place on this particular forum if anything it should be on the rangers forum an stop littering this one with something that has nothing ta do with either the issue of being nerfed or stomped out.
  15. Vanda Journeyman

Add loyalty vendor items like the BFG and gnome illusion for veteran players. Personally, I would like a Barbarian illusion for all/all.
  16. Recnarp Augur

I don't like these changes. Many will not continue to pay after the first month.
    Stillwafer, Caell, silku and 3 others like this.
  17. DigiScot New Member

Why do you people think you deserve anything just cause you got those AA's prior to these changes?

If I buy a new car, will I get 4k back when someone buys the same car a year later for 4k less? if only...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Lionle New Member

Since you seem so stuck on having people autogranted AAs up through underfoot.... what about the people that worked hard to get those AAs already? you going to reimburse those players all those AAs they spent so much time acquiring?
    Caell, Kazh and Morningdew like this.
  19. Dafroo Journeyman

I wholeheartedly agree with Recnarp. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Not showing my support for this.
    Melanippe and Morningdew like this.
  20. swag420 New Member

Kinda saddened to see they decided to hand out thousands of free AAs with a simple pay gate of $15. Have they just increased the rate as to which you get AAs, then I would have liked this change.
    Caell likes this.