Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Zantor Augur

What I would like to know, why put the level people can decap, assassinate or headshot at 99, reduce the proc on them, but still going to be much better XP for them and then screw SK's like that on so many of our best lifetaps. As was stated before, mortal coil is only really used in swarming, so nerf that, leave the rest alone. We use especially epic clicks in raids and regular groups so much.

Just seems a lot lately has been beefing up on the 4 new, raids and nerfing some classes. People make good suggestions on how to fix so much of this, like to make a few instances just for people to mass kill in, no boss mobs, no coins, just XP for them that won't interfere in a regular zone normal activities. They can select the level of mobs to suit themselves. Ideas like that is a much better fix for all the people complaining so much rather then to piss off so many people.
  2. Piestro Augur

Can you provide some parses to show this it fading that quickly at 3? 5 mobs at once is not typical for most players in regular grouping.
  3. Piestro Augur

Pathing doesn't become more efficient based on mob level.
  4. Nein Lyves Lorekeeper

Instanced or not, the swarming activity effects the server and therefore any other zones on the server. So, whether it's done in instanced or non instanced zones, you are affecting any zone, and therefore any other players, sharing that server. That's been mentioned by devs.
  5. Piestro Augur

The hate is being adjusted.
  6. Piestro Augur

He'll have to clarify, but my understanding of his post was that he would look at the proc rate for those reasons. I could be wrong, neither of us are at work.
  7. Piestro Augur

We actually tried a program a couple years ago allowing players to submit maps for automatic inclusion into the game. Unfortunately it was not used. We could assign the designers to make all the maps, they can't develop any content while they are doing that though.
  8. Piestro Augur

Some individuals (such as yourself) would change their behavior if asked. Others would not. This was our mistake to correct and we have to correct it for those who won't change their behavior.
    Son of a... likes this.
  9. Piestro Augur

We already do this (slightly different numbers).
  10. Piestro Augur

Again, we frequently upgrade the servers. This isn't about hardware, this is about the fundamental way in which pathing needs to be complicated. Hardware is not an end solution.
  11. Shootin New Member

"You don't have to opt in, if you feel like getting everything at once is somehow going to be detrimental to you learning how to use things. Alternatively, you could opt in, get all the AAs you don't have, and come to these very forums, go to your class' sub forum and ask a bazillion questions on any single ability you want. Chances are, someone will help you. That's one of the great things about EQ...the community is there."
    Ssixa, 52 minutes ago
    Why should we have to do that though? All these free AA's that are going to be given to people is just going to create a bunch of "high-end" noobs, not strengthen/create a lower lvl player base. Also, going to a forum to ask a 'bazillion' questions, (That you WOULDN'T have to ask if you'd just earned the AA's yourself and learned how to use them) would be extremely time consuming and take all the new players away from the game more often than not.
  12. Axxius Augur

There are people who PL others for money. Ask them to change their methods and see what they say. I can easily predict their responce. ;)
    Son of a... likes this.
  13. Piestro Augur

We're still monitoring it, although less intensely over the weekend since we have to do things like grocery shopping like normal folks.
    Yinla, Melthe, Fenudir and 6 others like this.
  14. Siluett New Member

Can you pls change the Hotzones in this patch also? :)
  15. Piestro Augur

The swarming changes are something we've been thinking about for a long time. When we pulled back on the summoning changes in December this was one of the top things in our mind. I've had talks with various Devs for years about various abilities included.

Similarly the AA grant has also been in discussion for years.

Heroic Characters are not the impetus behind either of these changes.
    Aanuvane and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Piestro Augur

To put it in perspective 3 hours a day is 21 hours a week or over a 1000 hours a year. That's a huge amount of time.
    Zurd, Aanuvane and airforce60 like this.
  17. Piestro Augur

Unfortunately the reason that none allow you to do them is because it fundamentally doesn't work. :(
  18. airforce60 Journeyman

Reply to Jenarie:

I was just checking back on posts. Really had no intention of posting again, but; talking down to
    the people is out of order. I think the majority of players will know how to use their AA's just fine.
    I read every single post. Didn't see a lot of requests for "cheat sheets".

Let me list an example: I have a L90 Rogue (2260 AA's) (65K HP with buffs). I actually do quite
    well. My AA's are not maxed because 1. I am casual player and 2. I spent a lot time with trade skills. (Master Poisoncrafter - Master Jeweler - Master Smith)

One of the AA's I am leveling over time is VETERAN'S WRATH. I am currently 15 of 21 levels. The
    next level is available at L91 at cost of 10AA. It is Veil of Alaris AA. I have all 20 expansions on 3 accounts. I have played for 11 years. The text below is from the Alternate Advancement window.

Veteran's Wrath 15/21 10 Veil of Alaris

This is a passive ability; it does not need to be activated.
    Requirements: Level: 91, Combat Fury at level 6.
    Requirements: Level: 91, Knowledge of Alaran Culture - Advanced at Level 1.
    Each rank in this ability increases the damage you cause when you land a critical
    hit on a melee attack. This ability does not affect special attacks.

I think the above is typical. What is so difficult or arcane? The name of the game is "read and comprehend". I think the majority will handle the new AA's just fine.
  19. Yther Augur

All of you don't shop for groceries online with to your door delivery? Well, Jungle Jim's does have a wide selection. :)

Yther Ore.
    Quatr likes this.
  20. Mithrandyr Augur

The only realistic use for MC is swarming. The one thing that makes swarming possible is MC. We can't bridge the 3+ minute gap on epic and we can't riposte a whole train down in 102 seconds. Personally I would rather see MC changed to an AC + DPS or rune buff and leave everything else alone.
    Garshok and Gyurika Godofwar like this.