Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Pirouette Augur

Just one question. Are you going to cast Promised XX and Complete Heal on the tank at inappropriate times?

Hold on, I'll suspend the merc.
  2. Twochords Journeyman

Then maybe these changes should wait? What is the hurry to push these changes out instead of waiting a little longer and making sure they are done correctly? I know that sounds crazy but hey.
  3. Beaufort New Member

Agreed! Of course I play because it is fun. But fun certainly didn't last for a decade in other games. I left EQ several times but always came back because no other game required me to be that resilient. Catching up... it was hard, but I knew I could do it.

Bah, maybe many don't see it the same way. Thank you for being positive and, more importantly, for saying nice things about clerics.
  4. Pirouette Augur

Sionachie's crescendo is a better example to work off of and has been discussed before in reversing the effects of SCS. I'd like to see it used for both.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The changes won't really affect me either way, not a lot you can do with a max level max AA toon. But a lot of the upset I'm seeing is from those who are at the 4 - 5K AA mark, these changes will do very little to reduce their AA mountain.

If the main reason to add the auto grant is to help reduce the AA mountain something needs to be added to help those already at the 4 - 5 K AA mark. Most of the AAs they would have already purchased will be from the expansions up to Underfoot as most AA lines have their roots in the early AA expansions. I'm sure none of us want to lose those players who have already completed half the AA mountain battle.

I'd rather see all players given the AA's to spend where they like, rather than auto granting, but today is the last day for design lock, so I guess it is too late to discuss things like that. The next best thing is to shift the AA curve to continue to help those who need the AAs the most.

Try and think of it from a players point of view, you have got halfway up your mountain and suddenly someone comes along and says here we can give you a lift halfway...Oh wait no we can't you are already there. That does nothing to help them get closer to the top. But then nor does creating more AA's for the next expansion.....that said if I don't get any new AA's soon I'm gonna make another wizzy!

The AA system needs to die, we need another way of progressing our chars, where we all start on a level playing field. :)
  6. Harabakc Augur

The more I think about this AA thing the more backwards it is. Raid guilds are requiring 4-5k AA as to join. Right now, you do those inside the AA exp bonus bubble. If you take auto grant AA you're automatically going to be outside the bonus bubble. You're actually slowing down catching up. All AA gains past HoT will be slower than they actually were.
  7. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

Most most likely want a Refund, me i am maxed AA so it does not matter i will leave it to others to decided anyhow thanks for communication and listening Elidroth.
  8. Ssixa Augur

Not a big deal but just thought of something...with the addition of the 3 new ranks of headshot coming in, rangers will need a 13,000 AA achievement ;)
    Assuming the new ranks cost at least 3 AAs each.
  9. Harabakc Augur

What's the point in offering it at all? You guys have a logical gap here that's canyon sized. Your premise is to speed up "catching up" except giving a few thousand freebies that no one buys until after everything else is maxed doesn't help anyone catch up, it slows them down.
    Caell likes this.
  10. Rogue Augur

Too many posts to read. Will we be getting upgraded Finishing Blow as well? It's lagged behind like anatomy / headshot / decap.
  11. Shimmerleaf Augur

Not happy with all the changes, but I have expressed my support for the devs and the game in earlier threads. Why would I have to keep on saying the same thing again and again? I underline my previous support and wish well to all.
  12. Pirouette Augur

The post 4k EXP gain for AAs is not that awful. My druid, bard, and monk are past 4k (you know me). I've only been doing dailies for my mains for the past 3 months and that alone has been enough to get all of the important (read: Passive) AAs up to 98, the bard has nothing substantial to get at this point. The druid and monk were level capped at 90 with HoT which is where they got the 4k AAs, so maybe another month for these people to fill out the HoT AAs. I can easily get 60 AAs in 2 hours between dailies and lesson burn.

People getting the auto-grant would not be bad off at all even if they started from 3500 AA with no exp curve.
  13. Pirouette Augur

Progression guilds on blue servers. Rare, but they exist. Most of them are on Test server though.
  14. poto Elder

i can see you cherry picking posts to reply to. yet ignoring ones like this for 200+ pages. why?
  15. Twochords Journeyman

still no answer to why the big rush to fix something that wasn't broken instead of taking a little xtra time to make sure it doesn't get broken. Only 4 days from the time the original thread about this started to design lock? 2 days passed since changes were made, doesn't seem like a lot of time to get the bugs worked out of an idea.
    Zaph likes this.
  16. Piestro Augur

Yes, the caps will scale with level.
  17. melemayhem Journeyman

Can someone pls answer the question ive asked. why is a direct grant of aa better than speeding it up, when one would make someone stay gold to get fast aa and one pple will only go gold for one month. One option peeves long term Payers and one wouldnt. Id jsut like to understand the logic of what u doing.
  18. Samatman Augur

My ranger is 76 and has spent 50AAs into headshot. I don't want a refund, I want to keep the headshot AAs. But if you did decide to refund, I only can bank 30AA at that level. If the decision is made to refund wound unbankable AAs be lost?
  19. Zaph Augur

Hardly, unless you can pinpoint the sweetspot for when such a ability would kick in, or not every time archery was to be used, its way too chaotic to risk
  20. Harabakc Augur

No, it's not awful. But the intention is to help. A level 90-95 of most any class is only going to have 3-4k AA and still be gaining AA under bonus. If they accept the grant to "help catch up" they start gaining slower. When the AAs they're trying to raise already cost 11,13,15,18,21, etc.

Stop and do the math, as currently conceived this slows down people, it doesn't speed them up.
    Caell likes this.