Changes to J5 merc quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leerah, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Leerah Augur

You've made it too easy by reducing numbers needed for many of the sub-quests but this one: -- "Whom Frogs Destroy - Killing aggro thralls will now also grant an update" makes no sense at all within the context of the story. The thralls attack because they have Stockholm Syndrome. You should blur them in some manner and wait till they come to their senses. Killing a hostage is always a fail!

Lee of Povar
  2. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I'm surprised they even messed with that stuff. The shock troopers and Last Stand were the main problem, but the rest of the stuff was pretty easy even for an appropriate level toon.
    Leerah likes this.
  3. Leerah Augur

Murdunk's wasn't even a problem, really. And I'm glad that frogs won't be coming through the walls to assist the thralls anymore.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Some of the quests were bugged. I tried to do Bitter Victuals with someone a few months ago and it was bugged.

Safe Passage has always been a problem since day one it was introduced.

I just hope these fixes will fix issues.
    Leerah likes this.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

It was just long and boring. They are saving us 10 minutes which I appreciate.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

They should have put in a new way to obtain them, not mess with the old ones, no doubt in doing what they have done that they have messed something else up.
    Caudyr likes this.
  7. Themisto New Member

I think they should have made the HOT group quests unlock them also
  8. Gladare Augur

They fixed them because the Hero's Journey now includes them. Supplies returning players or even alts with a great path to exp and get decent gear.
    Mykaylla likes this.
  9. Caudyr Augur

Actually...based on what the NPC/task says...killing them when they fail to be freed should indeed have updated the task all along, most likely...taken from this link...

Code:
    You say, 'Hail, Nedsin Tabbels'
    Nedsin Tabbels says 'Thank you for finding these items from my [friends]. I'll just have to fend for myself here now.'

You say, 'Your friends?'
    Nedsin Tabbels says, 'Yes, slaves like me. Although you found some items from them, there are others that could still use your [assistance].'

You say, 'How can I offer my assistance?'
    Nedsin Tabbels says 'They may have been under the thrall of Korascian Prime for so long that their minds may have been broken by now. If this is the case, please put them out of their misery.'

You have been assigned the task 'Whom Frogs Destroy'.
    Nedsin Tabbels has asked you to locate and rescue five prisoners that are around Korascian Prime. If they resist your aid, put them out of their misery.

Rescue 5 thralls from Korascian Prime 0/5 (Korascian Warrens) 
    Although the task stage itself says to just "rescue" them, but...putting them out of their misery can also count as rescuing them, too. ^^

That being said...I'm glad they finally reduced the respawn on thralls, at the very least. All this stuff is honestly several years too late on the tweaking of it, though. :\
    Sinestra and Leerah like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

As long as all these changes haven't held up the release of the next part of CotF!

They didn't need fixing other than safe passage and even that was still doable with a pet. They should be fixing bugged conquest achievements from the last expansion which also have achievements and working on the new expansion which we just paid for.
  11. Leerah Augur

Group credit for hails is a BIG help.