Changes coming in next patch that will affect TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Deadshade Augur

This finally ends for me all TLPs and upon reflection it was about time .
    I am 19 years older than in 1999 and if I can accept to pay 15$/month for the opportunity to return to Norrath , I have absolutely no intent to deal with all the **** that I was dealing with 19 years ago .

Decreasing DPS and therefore the XP will not make me play more , on the contrary .
    I don't care if PD or Nagafen is trivial now compared to what it was in 1999 , if anything it is a good thing because I have no more as much time to play as I had 19 years ago .
    I am convinced that the silent majority which leaves all TLPs latest at Luclin or PoP anyway feels in a similar way like I do .

Good luck for those who are still passionate about this game but I am out . Not that DB would care :)
  2. Lankie Augur

While not a huge nerf in itself, because the DPS AA never worked anyway, I would still quit if I were you. The game direction is that casuals shouldn't even see Nagafen, let alone fight him. So everything is only going to get nerfed harder going forward.

If you don't like the ideal that casuals shouldn't kill things, this is the wrong game for you.
  3. That0neguy Augur

That is typically not the direction any software developer plans their software around, or company for that matter. Idea's have shifted in almost 20 years and you want as many people as possible to play the game and experience all the work you put into it so they pay you more money.
  4. Numzan Augur

They DBG haven't developed anything SOE and Verant did.
  5. snailish Augur

Infamous Holly quote aside, tuning progression to be challenging has to bear casual play in mind as well. Accepting how casual one is must be a part of it though: a casual player putting in 2-4 hours a week isn't going to reach level 50 and raid Naggy in a 3-month window, they are going to do well to be level 20 by Kunark.

A casual family guild can easily complete content on Agent of Change servers. Depending on the casualness of the guild's raid agenda, and focus of the individual characters to prepare themselves, such a guild may end up an expac or two behind but their progress is only limited by them (and being an expac behind provides new gear, sometimes a level increase --which is often the bump such a guild needs to beat something like PoP).

I remain convinced that XP rate on all progression servers has been too low, especially at the start. While we are smarter players and better equipped (and presently overpowered despite the upcoming melee tweak) we are doing content in much shorter timeframes. I think at least the TSS base XP rate should be the start, and would even give the boosted rate FV server had(has?) a try.

I'm in favor of the XP boost whether they continue tuning progression harder or not. I do think it should be harder. Even the most casual player that chooses appropriate targets would progress better in a harder tuned world if the XP was boosted. "Harder tuning" is not going to make Crushbone unplayable at level 12, nor Upper Guk impossible at 35 (if it does it has been tuned too hard) --the idea is that Lower Guk shouldn't be so safe, and that actual raid content should be an accomplishment in era, and still an accomplishment for the more casual guilds an expac or two later.

TLDR: harder tuning would be more impactful 40+, where it is needed. Higher XP rate is needed on progression.

I say this as a long-term casual player.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Whats on their desk that we should be so concernes about anyways? I mean if its just removing potions then putting them back in a month later then i mean none of it really matters whether its a turd sandwich or not, no?
  7. Silias McKendrick Augur

The changes to melee makes me lol.
    Apparently since melee classes become viable for xp groups when aas hit, they had to nerf them so we still want two or three chanter pets instead of any other class.
  8. anonymoose New Member

higher xp rate. the coirnav starting anniversary 50% bonus was solid. if they had kept it and then added another 50% for kunark, it would have kept attrition down. get levels down to 5 hours, 12 is ridiculous.
  9. RandomStrategy Augur

If they kept the 50% bonus plus another 50% for Kunark, you'd probably just have Agnarr exp.
  10. Risiko Augur

I know of a guild on Coirnav that is quad splitting VS with an average of 25 raiders per split. Maybe I am wrong, but I consider that pretty good.
  11. Fumi-chan Augur

You're correct, guild is The Final Crusade (tfcguild.net). We also did one split with 22 players, several of which were boxes and a SK tank. Not breaking records or anything but we're doing okay with our splits and keeping things interesting.
    Risiko and Numzan like this.
  12. malaki Augur

Always assumed this was the normal thing. We split VS very heavily on Phinny were you'd 3 or 4 groups in the raids. VS is totally different from say Gore/Trak.
  13. Numzan Augur

How fast are you killing it? doesn't matter really just very curious.
  14. Fumi-chan Augur

Couple minutes I'd say. Not a zerg by any means since even doing him with 35 players he can die in a minute or less.

I'm sure once other guilds realize how easy it is to do a 4 way split that they'll start getting more aggressive with theirs.
  15. Kahna Augur

So we can get 4 sets of rotting shaman pants? Meh.
  16. That0neguy Augur

Better then 4 tolans
  17. Boze TLP complaint factory

Careful, or certain trolls are going to change their tune from "nerf lev over C1 in PoFire" to "nerf origin on TLP so tolan's legs are useful again"
  18. ForumBoss Augur

Silly bst, tolans legs are cancel magic, the BP is the lfay port. It was okay for bb ldons, or if your ranger has a crap origin.
  19. Boze TLP complaint factory

Ahh right. I get all the Kunark clicks mixed up.
  20. Coirnav Augur

And it doesn't look like the Melee Nerf, VP charm pet changes, or VP key ground spawn changes made it into the final patch notes.