Changes coming in next patch that will affect TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Machentoo Augur

Pretty sure this is unlikely to happen. There wasn't any Velious bump on any previous TLP, and I don't think anything about Coirnav would qualify it as unique.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Mages were high... in classic... before warriors got these innates ans aa's. Pick up your tears.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

What kills small guilds? Its not dps... its having to poopsock quests and lose to illegal third party scripters.
    Risiko and Hateseeker like this.
  4. Boze TLP complaint factory

That's what I'm saying. People concerned about the dps "nerf" shouldn't be worried. We use to walk uphill both ways in the snow.
  5. monkypowah Elder

This is your first TLP isn’t it? I’m sorry you picked the worst one to start on in the history of TLP’s. You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. Also, nobody said it would die within a month. We know when it will. It’s 100% predictable and people like the OP make sure that will be the case.
  6. Bankheadd New Member

Melee were way too powerful at lvls 65-70 on Phin, hopefully they're more balanced w/ casters on future TLPs due to that change. I highly doubt they'll be balanced but step in the right direction!
  7. That0neguy Augur

Oh great profit please enlighten us and tell us when it will die and how you came to such a conclusion.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

You cannot kill the dead!
  9. Machentoo Augur

It's not a class balance issue. It's a balance vs the content issue. If they just bumped casters up to be on par with melee, but left everything else the same, the game would be considerably worse than it is now.
    snailish likes this.
  10. Machentoo Augur

Based on the last few progression servers, it will go something like this:

~5% attrition each expansion Classic-->OoW.
    ~10% attrition each expansion DoN-->PoR.
    50% attrition when the next progression server hits. I'll be generous and say April 2019 for anniversary. Which will be absolutely horrible for Coirnav, as it will be right smack in the middle of PoP/LDoN. But earlier would be even worse.

8 guilds currently clearing content in Kunark
    7.6 guilds in Velious
    7.22 guilds in Luclin
    6.86 guilds in PoP
    3.43 guilds in April 2019 after the new server launches.
    3.25 guilds in May 2019 LDON <-- At this point your server is for all practical purposes, dead.
    3.09 guilds in Gates of Discord
    2.94 guilds in OoW
    2.65 guilds in DON
    2.39 guilds in DODH
    2.15 guilds in PoR
    <2 guilds in TSS
    At SoF or SoD the one remaining guild can no longer defeat content in era. Edit--Maybe a little earlier than this if several generations of progression servers are released prior to this point.
  11. Kahna Augur

Huh? I don't know what progression servers you are looking at but Phinny is at tss and still has 14 guilds, it had 22 in classic. By your math it should have 5 or so. So.. no really, what progression server are you basing these random numbers off of?
  12. Zipe The Healer

I am really surprised many of you didn't get that Prathun was being ironic. Saying that there won't be MotM when they revert focus and spells to a classic state is like saying that they will remove MotM when pigs fly.
    They need months to fix TLP recipes; I really doubt they would even consider fixing spells for progression...
  13. Machentoo Augur

The only major difference between what I posted and Phinny's actual #'s are the attrition from a new progression server. It was pretty low on Phinny, because so far all they have released are poor copies of Phinny and a PoP locked server. I expect Daybreak will realize that Phinny 3.0 will not be a good idea for the next progression server, and the next ruleset will almost certainly be more appealing.
  14. Critt Augur

So next TLP will start in POP? If not, no point in rolling a melee on any new TLP server when casters with and without pets out strip you in every way. I admit I'm no theorycrafter but this just seems like a poorly thought out decision.
    Numzan likes this.
  15. snailish Augur

Kind of depends. You don't have to remove rank 1 and rank 2 focus effects from all the individual items if you can just make the effects era set. Considering the gear imbalance focus effects create vs. the original context for retro-adding them this work may be justified (focus effects rank 1 & 2 were set at a non-level cap kind of pointless effective level and backsprinkled semi-randomly through a bunch of old, once sought after items. Making these items the #1 choice for a slot for at least some classes when originally they would have been a top 5 or 10 choice originally. Now on progression we don't care about the other 4 or 9 era-appropriate options. Rank 3 at least falls on a content level cap --I've said elsewhere I would just make all of rank 1-2-3 be Luclin-era rank 3).

As far as global spell tuning down goes we think it is a big job, but it's mostly the damage spells pre-Luclin that would need to be tuned down if the goal is making original to Velious harder (as it was).

----
    One thing I wouldn't be is a magician saying "We should out DPS melee in classic". Magicians should lose pets on invis, lose pets on zoning, pets are stronger than they were and so on. No pet class should be inviting scrutiny on the sum of changes that have massively benefited that playstyle. Especially a pet class that also benefits from focus effects, the spell boost and other changes.
    Critt likes this.
  16. Numzan Augur

Pretty much most of it has been for a few years not, not just in TLP but Live servers too. We all know where the majority are heading soon, but what people better realize ... Sell all your krono and make $$$ hehe Ive lost so much interest in this game, thinking that the TLP was going to re live the old feeling of classic.... subs are just about out too.
  17. Lhelith Journeyman

can we get broken golem to spawn in DZs?
    Numzan likes this.
  18. Numzan Augur

I think your requesting a dead horse.... unfortunately they just click on things and change values now.
  19. Krezzy Augur

Would it at least be possible to make PotM not aggro mobs when it hits? This is probably one of the more noticeable unpleasant surprises for returning players just starting to raid.
  20. That0neguy Augur

So close to 3 years from now? Yep better start running bois!
    Also there are so many changes between TLP's and differences in them all it is kind of hard to make a trend line for this. It was also pointed out that more then 8 guilds are currently clearing content but no one is worried about posting it. EC is one of those for sure. So it should be closer to 12-15 guilds currently clearing content.