Changes coming in next patch that will affect TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Coirnav, Jul 11, 2018.

1. monkypowah Elder

2. Ethereal Augur

I believe the second set of patch notes is in addition to the first set.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Those are all mentioned in the live patch notes thread.
  4. Dilf Augur

He's too busy selling Kunark bps for 25 kronos each to worry about reading all of the patch notes.
  5. Fumi-chan Augur

6. Gromph Elder

Do not confuse stupid people with logic. It is mean.
  7. Madroc Journeyman

Honestly, while I understand some of the reasoning, the blanket nerf to melee innates doesn't impact each server equally.

No one likes nerfs, I don't see why one server now has to have a different progression experience than a more tenured TLP server. For Agnarr, in the middle of enjoying planes of power which is the whole purpose and payoff of the server, a step back is taken. Given, the real impact isn't known yet but any detriment may be too much. Several guilds struggle with #'s etc as is and now the reduced dps could be the tipping point where they disband and could impact the health of the server.

I for one am not looking forward to taking longer to clear zones we currently clear or the slight potential people are lost as a result of the changes.
  8. Coirnav Augur

I checked it earlier and all the thread had was the new additions. I see both combined now! =)

But man look at all the haters! :cool:
  9. Glykus Journeyman

I think the changes were done in order to make encounters last a little bit longer. If a DPS nerf was going to be made, it makes sense to do it on the melee side of it since they tend to parse a bit higher than casters (at least in Kunark).

As it currently stands, you can just pop all your discs on every encounter and fights won't last any longer than 2 or 3 minutes. Is it kind of annoying if you're melee? Absolutely.
  10. taliefer Augur

DeyBreak Games couldnt be hassled to get all their ducks in a row when they implented the recent potion changes before implementing them half assedely, you cant really expect any semblance of logic from them anymore
  11. Madroc Journeyman

This is biased opinion as it regards Agnarr

It's more so about if you are a melee class, and building towards a certain output/level and then now having to take steps back is a huge turn off for many, getting all new gear but then doing damage less than before it all . Regarding raids, sure, can blow discs etc but in Plane of Time, there's plenty of encounters. Depending on the scale of the impact, this could take a raid that is done in X amount of time , to take much longer, not even mentioning the difficulty change implications or strategy changes.

Ultimately the issue, again Agnarr specific, is if a guild is currently clearing end-game PoP, which remember is the locked portion and overall appeal to this server. Why make changes now that can only hinder such. I don't want to spend more time or have more difficulty with an encounter I have cleared 10x over simply because of a nerf, especially when servers prior didn't have to and servers behind progression timelines will only have a more difficult time.
  12. taliefer Augur

Plane of Time is so absurdly easy i dont see that these changes are going to mean much. it might take you an extra 20 seconds on each raid mob now.
  13. Croak Augur

Here is something to be excited about and I have wanted for a long long time (as long as clicks from bags)

This means that we will be seeing this even in classic. It is going to offset in part any changes to melee DPS in group content, and you will not have to go back killing 1000s of mobs when RoF finally hits.

Making it passive isn't such a good thing.. no "baby nuke" for runners, and as a melee I used to just include it most of the time in my spam key anyway, but it does make it more user friendly for newer players.
  14. That0neguy Augur

If the sole intent was to only make raid encounters harder why not just tweak the MoTM buffs? Lowering melee DPS across the board is an intentional move to nerf DPS at all aspects of the game.
  15. That0neguy Augur

Does it though? I am not familar with banestrike as I haven't played on live for many years. With this change is it passive like the innate melee dmg ones? or does it just mean this is an AA you can purchase still that is passive but we won't be able to get it on TLP's till whenever the AA unlocks.
  16. Kahna Augur

It is no longer restricted to an expansion which (should) mean that it unlocks on all TLPs from day 1. Much like the innate dmg AA does. It is not an AA you spend points on, on any server. You get Banestrike as soon as you get a kill achievement for any mob type. It procs on any mob after that, but will only dmg a mob if you have the kill achievement for that mob. This is easy to test with skunks, as you only have to kill 5 of them to get the achievement.
  17. Yawutokay Lorekeeper

will pets trigger banestrike?
  18. Kahna Augur

Melee and DD do, Dots do not. Pets do not. Kinda sucks for necros, but I plan on turning auto attack on, you don't have to hit to proc, and it only takes a couple swings to get it to proc. Especially on fast fights were I'm not medding anyway. Free dmg.
  19. That0neguy Augur

Thanks for the explanation. Sounds reasonable to nerf the innate melee dmg AA's then. With this added in its probably a wash. I am not sure if this was their intent or not. Could of used a lot more clarification from the dev's if this is the case.

How hard would it to be like... "Hey guys, we nerfed your melee dmg by 20% but we enabled banestrike so the net change in your DPS should be 0."
  20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Banestrike is not gonna come close to making up the dps difference, lol.

It's cool that they added it in, but it's not to counterbalance the melee AA changes.