Change to Chapterhouse raid "A Matter of Life and Death"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eaiana, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Eaiana Augur

Since the last patch, we have started seeing something that we did not see in previous attempts at "A Matter of Life and Death". We've beaten this raid a number of times, but since the patch we are seeing the off tanks that pick up the skeleton adds get randomly Death Touched. Here is an example:

[Tue Apr 23 21:32:27 2013] You die. You have taken 1300000 points of damage.
    [Tue Apr 23 21:32:27 2013] You have been knocked unconscious!
    [Tue Apr 23 21:32:27 2013] You have been slain by a skeleton!

[Tue Apr 23 22:30:28 2013] You die. You have taken 1263860 points of damage.
    [Tue Apr 23 22:30:28 2013] You have been knocked unconscious!
    [Tue Apr 23 22:30:28 2013] You have been slain by a skeleton!

It happens randomly, at least as far as we can tell. Is this a new behavior, or have we started to do something that is triggering this?
  2. Explicit Augur

Not a new change, has always worked like this. We saw it when SKs would HA a mob off someone, they would end up getting DTed.
  3. Hatsee Augur

If you have aggro on a mob and it gets punted at all they seem to DT the person on target. So monks, bards, sk's, etc. Or at least this is how it seems to work.

I haven't done it since the last patch but this is just my guess as it sounds like what's going on.
  4. Rasputyn Elder

Yeah, this has been killing Ronak for months.
    Deillusional and Elricvonclief like this.
  5. Eaiana Augur

Sweet, thanks for the info. I have no idea why we didn't see this before now, I blame the monks.
  6. Ronak Augur

Dislike.
    Insaneox, Imrahil, Luft and 3 others like this.
  7. Eaiana Augur

Did this raid tonight without any flings, and no DTs. Thanks for the tip folks.
  8. Kelefane Augur

This ^

Its been this way since its creation. Ive been DTed a few times on this myself lol =((((((((
  9. Luft Elder

It would be nice if there was an explanation on exactly what the mechanic is on this event. I've long suspected that it was an anti-kite mechanic gone horribly wrong, just because it's not only Moving mountains, Hates Attraction, and abilities like that which trigger the DT. Sometimes they do it just because they want to see you die. Which is why I've thought it was a broken anti-kite mechanic for a while. That or it's exactly a mechanic to stop HA/MM positional abilities from being used on those events and it just decides sometimes that you need to die for 0 reason. I've seen them spawn and immediately DT the tank on Marnek before, it's pretty cool.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

I've noticed we get alot less of them when we make sure casters stay off the walls and closer to the floor. It feels like there is some z-axis bugs with it.
  11. BoomWalker Augur

Come on...it is only 1.3 million...surely Ronak can handle that amount of damage with his new disc....

*ducks and runs*