Change to Bard's Synergy Next Patch

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Tucoh, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Tucoh Augur

Next patch is massively buffing Troubadour's Synergy:

- Bard - Increased the damage granted by Troubadour's Synergy.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...11-7-2017-patch-notes-and-discussions.244980/

taking it from:
    Increase Spell Damage v2 by 9500 (After Crit)
    Increase 1H Blunt Damage Bonus v2 by 9500
    to:
    Increase Spell Damage v2 by 36000 (After Crit)
    Increase 1H Blunt Damage Bonus v2 by 36000

http://www.raidloot.com/SpellChanges.aspx?file=(Misc).htm

How, if any, will that impact your melody lineup? Personally I've found that after Aria of Maetanrus, War March, and Rytan's Reckless Renewal, the impact of many of the other songs I play (Arcane melody, song of spite / suffering, dobens, chorus/pulse of sionachie) are pretty weak. I'd like to try a melody that includes Tsaph's Insult as much as the recast time allows.
  2. Brohg Augur

The only justification for not using Fijlnauk's/Tsaphs already, like for the past year at least, is if your play style (ahem, you're a /melody /autofollow bot) made that impossible.
  3. Brudal Augur

It is comparing the beta spell file to the current, so it won't be upgraded until the expansion goes live; not sure if that is the same as next patch or not. The beta spells may still get a few tuning passes. Although the next rank of synergy is supposed to bump it up to 45K.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

(Also interested)
  5. Tucoh Augur

I've switched to using it as much as mana allows, and have noticed a pretty big hit everytime I cast it where I've got 6 chars + 3 pets all consuming it fairly quickly. It's a little more work keeping my melody up on my boxed bard, but it's worth it. That + the new vainglorious/boastful is a pretty big improvement to bards this expansion.

I haven't quite worked how much of an addition Fierce Eye 4's new effect:
    12: Increase Spell Damage v4 by 130% (Before DoT Crit, After Nuke Crit)

I don't know what this does, I haven't seen this effect before and don't know of any other spells that have it.

and quicktime 8's new effect:
    1: Decrease Casting Times by 0.25s

is.

I like the decreased casting time, but what I think would be really amazing is if they reduced the global cooldown by 0.25s instead of the casting time.
    IblisTheMage likes this.