Change keying for 3 month servers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by RainbowCane, Sep 29, 2018.

1. Dilf Augur

This isn't Lockjaw. Where you going when Krononav fizzles out and there is 1 guild left capable of raiding GoD and beyond?
  2. Whyx New Member

The flagging situation on Phinny is going to cause the collapse the majority of guilds on the server. My guild is getting 24 flags for MMM per week and 12 for Crystallos per week. At that rate, it will take our 70ish members 6 weeks or more to get flagged for Crystallos. On a 12 week expansion, that is going to leave many of us in the guild waiting until toward the end of the expansion to raid Crystallos. I was 80 and had everything I could get done except for the raid drops for both flags completed by the end of the first weekend and am not going to be able to raid Crystallos for another month.

That means that our guild leaders are stuck choosing the most needed classes and the top members of that class to get flagged first. Rightfully so. However, the gap between the top of the guild and the bottom is going to become even more pronounced than it already is in terms of gear. This is only going to become more pronounced in future expansion releases and we will start losing the bottom of our guild. This is what drove me away the first time I left EQ.

I know the top end guilds are going to get it done sooner than this because they can split it so many times. I think it is great that they can do that, but I will never be able to commit to the amount of time it takes them to do that. That is what drove me away from EQ when I played in its infancy. I simply could not compete with the guilds that are able to invest 2 to 3 times more play time than I can. I came back to Phinigel because of the instanced raiding. It has allowed me to experience raiding, in era, for the first time. I'm really enjoying it. Unfortunately, this flagging situation is going to destroy it if it isn't changed.

It seems like a simple fix to have more flag pieces drop per encounter. I'm not even asking for the whole raid to get flagged the first time through. We just need the process sped up a bit.
  3. Whyx New Member

Well said.
  4. sriraxa New Member

I maintain my Gold Account, too. My sentiments exactly. I wish DBG would provide some customer service in this matter.
  5. sriraxa New Member

Totally agree. Posts about this have been going on for weeks now. Where's the response from DBG?
  6. Coirnav Augur

Coirnav is steam rolling Velious content, with Luclin just around the corner!

There has never been a better time to lay down the swords and retire from Phinny in favor of a fresh start. Phinny was a good time, with lots of memories I will never forget, but it has once again reached the point of being a struggle to keep going, like Fippy started to around this same time.

Coirnav is stress free raiding with Euro, EST, PST, and Aussie/Asian guilds raiding around the clock over here with strong sized raid forces There is something for everyone on Coirnav!
  7. Lankie Augur

Guilds that are splitting aren't more 'hardcore' or don't invest much more time than other guilds, they simply have 4x the members other guilds have. But, that means they have 4x the amount of people that aren't flagged compared to other guilds.

Like, 4 guilds could do a joint raid with the 12 people they have flagged now, but that means those guilds have 160+ people who helped get the flags that have to miss out on raiding Crystallos.

Splitting doesn't solve anything, just means your guild has a lot more members unflagged who can't raid.

3 people in my guild already stopped playing.

EQ is very lucky that there's no other choice in MMO right now, imagine when Pantheon or WoW classic is here, Phinny would be dead already.
  8. Coirnav Augur

Coirnav is steam rolling Velious content, with Luclin just around the corner!

There has never been a better time to lay down the swords and retire from Phinny in favor of a fresh start. Phinny was a good time, with lots of memories I will never forget, but it has once again reached the point of being a struggle to keep going, like Fippy started to around this same time.

Coirnav is stress free raiding with Euro, EST, PST, and Aussie/Asian guilds raiding around the clock over here with strong sized raid forces There is something for everyone on Coirnav!
  9. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

10. Starr Elder

I am done with doing classic-pop. Done it enough. I'm here for the long haul on Phinny. I guess a lot of the people on Phinny are in the same situation.
    Crom-Eci likes this.
  11. Targin Journeyman

Yes we should ignore this issue and go play on conirnav, so 18 month or whatever we can raise it again because it still hasn't been fixed.

That maks TONS of sense!
  12. Poem New Member

Bumping to save the server. Be a shame if all if your long term players and guild are forced to quit because someone is unable to take a couple minutes to communicate and address the issue going forward.
  13. highelfbard New Member

bump can we get this sorted!? sitting out sucks!!
  14. highelfbard New Member

15. highelfbard New Member

I am guessing they think if they dont sort this, LDON got released on POP now would be a good time for a new server and people will jump over?!
  16. highelfbard New Member

17. highelfbard New Member

I think Phini has more guilds completing in era then any prog server did? Or at least close too!

Tried Krononav this week, got into the 40's but its wank playing the same old over and over again!
  18. FIsh Lips Augur

No, they can and do bat-phone for years. They were only interested in the competition, once it was won (permanently) they left.

The hyper-competitive crowd is very flakey, if they lose it tends to cause their guilds to collapse and a lot of people quit completely. It happened twice on Phinny that I am aware of (and I do not play on Phinny), most recently in August.

That said, what those idiots do is irrelevant to the majority population of a newer server.

For those of us who put the game in its proper priority rung (somewhere below 3), the key drops need to increase dramatically, and from more mobs. Because of the loot drop-rate problem, the pressure to get VT keys the first week, from the very top tier guilds to the most casual of family oriented "levelling guild" trash, will be immense. A lot of people won't like it and will quit.
  19. Raltar Augur

Like I've said before, you guys wanted a fast unlock server. You got what you asked for. You brought this on your selves.
  20. Zanarnar Augur

(Puts on his pretend dev hat)
    We will not be changing any keying going forward due to the fact it would effect the live servers too. Even though it doesn't matter in the least on the live servers anymore. Feel free to quit if you don't like it.
    (takes off pretend dev hat)

^^ That is what I infer from their silence. They are dumber then that waitingformoreeq troll if they think people from phinny will mass migrate to another tlp if they keep ignoring it.