Change Crystallized Pumice to Expendable?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by That One Guy, May 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That One Guy Augur

Should Crystallized Pumice be changed to expendable, similar to Summoned: Ring of Flight?

Currently, you have to keep destroying the pumice stone or moving a new one in front of the depleted one. So, your hotkey shows you have 40+ charges, but once the top slot crystallized pumice is out of charges, the hotkey doesn't work until you destroy the depleted pumice stone or put a fresh one in a higher inventory slot.
  2. doah Augur

I think they are working on this. It was mentioned in the test update discussion thread.
  3. That One Guy Augur

Kind of. They weren't specifically talking about it, and they were even stating incorrect things about how expendable items currently work. Unless they JUST changed it on test. They say that only items that have ONE expendable charge will poof when used. Which already isn't true, since Summoned: Ring of Flight has 2 expendable charges and poofs when you use the 2nd one.

So, I'm not too sure they would look at Crystallized Pumice unless it was actually brought up as an example. I really hope they fix this. No one wants to save their empty Crystallized Pumices...

Just hoping this specific item doesn't get overlooked when they implement their fix in a month+
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The item that brought it up (Bulwark of Many Portals is summoned with 3 charges and ngreth does specifically stated that this was for items with multiple charges. I am guessing it was overlooked on his part that there are summoned multiple charge items that do delete themselves when fully used. Personally I would guess the issue is related to an being temporary or not.
  5. That One Guy Augur

Yeah, it's just scary anytime they say something is 100% when it isn't. It leads to fixing some things but not all or fixing the wrong thing. The main fix they want is for the hotbar to just ignore empty items and go to one with charges. That would definitely help with this specific scenario, but not as good as them being expendable. But, if they aren't specifically changing Crystallized Pumice to Expendable, then their alternate fix of just fixing each item, will be more complicated. They'd need to change specific items to expendable. I'm not sure they can just blanket change everything with charges to expendable lol. But, I think we can agree that Crystallized Pumice should be Expandable.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't think the fix Ngreth was talking about was just for the Bulwark of Many Portals but was something that would address all items with charges. Don't forget they would rather not have to make the change item by item if they don't have to either.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Waring_McMarrin has the gist of it
    Temporary items act differently to permanent items.

That said. There is a specific setting that may or may not be set properly on the Pumice. I'll make a not to check once the code changes are in.

And since some folks felt the need to be passive aggressive instead of simply asking... I think this thread will close
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.