Change class?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by surion, Mar 7, 2013.

1. surion New Member

I begged and pleaded with a friend to join EQ so we could play. He finally did, and was so excited that he even got the name he wanted. However, in his haste he made a mistake and chose the wrong class. We are wondering if he deletes this toon, will the name go back into the pool so he can have it again? Or, is there any way we can change the class? He is frustrated and doesn't want to play until we fix it.
  2. Yther Augur

Deleting the character makes the name viable for anyone to use again. That's the easiest fix atm. There may be potions to change race available in the in-game Station Cash store (/marketplace command), but I can't remember for sure. I only remember the race and gender ones.

Yther Ore.
  3. surion New Member

Thank you for the quick reply. It doesn't appear you can change the class in-game, only the race/gender.

Do you know how long it would take for the name to go back into the pool. If he deletes the toon, will the name be made available immediately?
  4. Riou EQResource

Should be immediately unless someone else takes the name in the time it takes him to make a new one
  5. Tegila Augur

taht is correct, it is immediate.

please dont let them ever ever allow class changes.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  6. silku Augur

Just a warning.. sometimes when you delete a character.. the name gets locked and you can't get it back.
  7. Wizardling Lorekeeper

Why would you even ask about class change? I can put up with a lot, but that might just be the straw that sees me break my EQ habit. But yeah - just delete the toon to free the name, for which this no wait. And really: think through why class change would be an awful idea. It's not hard.