Change barter font and add commas to better show price

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zrender, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Zrender Augur

It's pretty sad you guys are letting this thing go on where people are using some kind of bots to fast change the price as people get close. The barter system helps you sell kronos (indirectly), so, I would think you would want people to have confidence in it. Daily I hear someone getting screwed by these scumbags. Almost got me, would have if I hadn't heard about it a few days before.

So easy to prove it's automated too. They change it before you even get into visual range. C'mon guys. I know you've had GM calls on this, why not fix it.
    CambarDenten and FranktheBank like this.
  2. Zrender Augur

A confirmation dialog (or option that defaults to on) showing the price changed recently (or at least showing the price clearly) would be a nice add too. Also, could add a 1 minute delay to start /buyer after stopping it. That would make it pretty obvious too.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Are they changing the price, or are people just not noticing the low price?

My guess is it is the latter, and a small fix would be to, by default, sort buyers from high to low price.
  4. Treage_Imminent Elder

Adding commas or dots as separators would be a welcome change for sure.
    minimind and Zrender like this.
  5. Zrender Augur

That's a big NEGATIVE. They are actively changing the price when someone gets close to them. The low price stuff is nothing new and people have been on to that for a while.
    The NEW way is to have the highest /bar price and wait until someone is close, then it changes the price. Likely takes less than a second or so using whatever automation they are using.
  6. Zrender Augur

I think maybe for Kronos they need to just bite the bullet and do it like WoW does it. You put in an offer to buy them at whatever price and when people sell a krono they automatically sell it at the highest price. This is not "virtual" stuff you can get by playing. Many people just paid $18 or whatever of real $USD to get that krono so when they run these scams that's actual fraud imo. Imagine a kid playing (your kid), so happy to get a krono to buy gear and then poof "sorry about your luck" says the GM (was told a GM actually said that by one of the guys that petitioned it).
  7. Ravanta Suffer Augur

The UI doesn't even allow the full price of the basic scammers to be displayed in the UI. It is completely stupid that DB has not fixed it yet. This is an even simpler attempt at ripping people off than what the OP is talking about, and they can't even address this. The people that keep modifying the price the moment someone that gets closer to them are absolutely disgusting, but when they won't even address the simple thing and fix the UI, all it does is demonstrate they don't care at all.

[IMG]

[IMG]

PS, this is on Mischief, where as I write this the lowest price of someone selling in bazaar is 461k, and the highest price paid for krono is 413k.
    Zrender likes this.
  8. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Those UI elements are adjustable. See the vertical lines between each column? Grab and adjust.

They should still add commas to the display prices, but yeah, just adjust your display to see the full prices.
  9. Ravanta Suffer Augur

You can adjust them, yes. But they will not display the entire value. If you look at my original screenshot, you will see the width is made considerably wider than what amount of text would need to be used to display the entire amount. The only time the entire value is displayed is if you hover over it with the mouse.

Here is an extreme example:

[IMG]
  10. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Here's an example of what the OP is talking about.

11. FranktheBank Augur

Its pretty ridiculous that their are no commas/separators. The UI/Font is terrible when you put the same digit multiple times in a row.
  12. Zrender Augur

Exactly! Thank you for posting that. Should remove any further doubts anyone may have about what's happening. Would just add that, again, this happens very quickly and even when you are out of their line of sight so it's clearly using automation.
    Mashef and Ravanta Suffer like this.
  13. Tweakfour17 Augur

I assume you've sent the link with your petition, hopefully DBG can do something with proof.
    Unrelated though, I like your UI setup, which one is it?
  14. Zrender Augur

You would think they would be aggressively pursuing this since it DIRECTLY effects their bottom line if the word is out that barter is so scam filled that it's unusable. No more easy selling kronos means fewer people will bother which means fewer kronos sold.

Hopefully someone will petition it with the link. I would but I don't want to keep petitioning the same thing =)
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I must be missing something. What is this screenshot meant to be showing? Aren't those just the actual prices the buyer is offering? Doesn't seem to be cut off.

[IMG]

I do see the issue with the first digit being slightly cut off on your other screenshot though.
  16. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Sigh. You missed everything.

You missed where I said:

PS, this is on Mischief, where as I write this the lowest price of someone selling in bazaar is 461k, and the highest price paid for krono is 413k.

Every single one of these people in the screenshot are hoping that someone buys from them mistakenly.

17. HoodenShuklak Augur

Ok that is next level... truly scamming and using a third party script... the people listing low prices is user error... but this is truly disgraceful. I had no idea this was going on but it's probably worse than the sg botters....

just wow.
  18. Moege Augur

So beat them at their own game don't even zone in and click the sell button ? afaik if the price changed before and you click sell the game tell you to refresh the list. Or does the sell button not work on TLP ?
    System protects you if price is not same on your side.
    [IMG]

No idea why someone would even run to a barter, its more effort than selling directly through the barter window.
  19. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Gotcha, thought your post there was just about UI issues. It seemed like you were suggesting the screenshot had prices being displayed incorrectly. Obvious lowball pricing is a thing for sure too. There's a certain responsibility on the buyer to avoid that trap, but making the display more clear with commas would be a great and seemingly easy change. And the video shown is obviously predatory. Cheers.
  20. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

It doesn't work until Rain of Fear expansion is unlocked.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.