Chancelor in LOIO- HS keys

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Urshulgi, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Urshulgi Augur

Dear DBG, can you make the respawn on this guy like 5 minutes instead of 90?

I've got two accounts, a delightful dastardly deeply deviant dark elf duo. I'd rather spend 3+ hours exploring howling stones with guildies and strangers than waiting in line in LOIO for a largely unnecessary camp. It took me less than 10 minutes to get my warrior and enchanter keyed for seb, which is what I'm basing the 5 min respawn request on.

And no, I'm not going to pay 4-6k for prod to a dungeon that I don't specifically need. I can hit 60 with seb, KC, Chardok, PoH, or Sol B. I happen to enjoy Howling Stones, because I love that you can actually dungeon crawl it if your group is in the mood.

From Neriak with love,
    Vika and Dariya
  2. Finley Augur

What Daybreak needs to do for zones like this is examine the number of end game zones that are up and then force that many instances of zones like Lake of Ill Omen that have key mobs. So for example when Ragefire's Kunark launched we had 10 Sebilis up. Daybreak should then force up to 10 Lake of Ill Omen to spawn.

The problem is the key is for group content, but you do the key quest solo, so not enough players ever enter LOIO to spawn more than 2 instances.

Basically any time a zone has extremely popular but very limited/solo content Daybreak needs to make the number of players required to spawn extra instances extremely low (like 10 or one sixth of the normal number) or just force then zones to main a high number of instances regardless of players in the zone.

We could probably use this for FV for the Veeshan's Peak key piece, and Frontier Mountains for the most popular quest in Kunark outside of epics. I am sure there are some other zones too.
    Urshulgi likes this.
  3. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

With an average of 2 instances, 90 minute spawns and a reasonable chance at 2 prod drops, there are thousands of keys at this point. This isn't even a particularly hard or long quest to do and in the worst case you can just pay someone for the prod.
  4. Pikallo Augur

Can you make Prime Hierophant Grekal spawn every single time instead of having a PH? Additionally, can you make him drop a hierophant cloak everytime? I happen to enjoy hierophant cloaks, and I want one on all my characters.

Also please make all static ground spawns for veeshan key medallions 3.15 minute respawns instead of 3.15 hours? While you are at it, please make every epic ground spawn instant respawn because I really don't want to have to wait. I happen to enjoy epics and their particle effects and I feel entitled to having them easily because that is what I want and I feel that DBG should give it to me, just because.
    Alphont likes this.
  5. Urshulgi Augur

I know some of you get off on wasting your time on petty roadblocks. Good for you. I think it would be a lot more awesome if KC and Sebilis and PoH were keyed similar to HS is. That way everyone on the server could spend their online time sitting in lines instead of doing anything fun.

Howling Stones can be done by a mid to high 40s group starting. It's not exactly like killing Trakanon or getting access to a raid zone, or doing the warrior epic quest.

Yes, it's smart economics to pay more money for a part of a key to a zone where there is only campable item (SoDB), that sells for more than the prod does.
  6. Finley Augur

Prime Hierophant Grekal spawns 5-10 times as often as he did the first time around. Not the best example to play contrarian with here, is it? :rolleyes:

We probably needed at least 2 more progression servers to handle the population we have (or had). But instead they gave us instancing. Unfortunately the trigger for spawning new instances works when people congregate in groups of 6, but doesn't work when the content is solo.

People are not asking for hand outs, they're asking for accommodation based on a very real overcrowding issue. But keep building that strawman if you must.
  7. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Why have keys at all if you just want them to be 5 minute formalities? This game has a long history of timesinks. The expansion unlocks are designed to give players MONTHS with this simple fact in mind.
    Zublak likes this.
  8. Zublak Augur

Wait till you decide you want to obtain a VT key. Funfun.
  9. Pikallo Augur

I wasn't going for an exact comparison. I was pointing out how whiny and entitled it sounds.

A respawn time that is 20 times faster than originally intended? I'd consider that a handout. Why even bother having the key at all? Multiple times I have gone to the chancellor camp and there has been either no one there or 1 person waiting for the next spawn. Don't use that overpopulation garbage at this point. Not hard at all to get the camp. Play the damn game the way it was intended and camp the stupid key. Sure its not super fun, but EQ has always had timesinks as part of its core design.
  10. Vlorg Augur

Timesinks is the trademark of classic EQ.
  11. Syrup Augur

Complaining about a 90 minute camp in EVERquest?

I think they should push it out to 180minutes, with 30 minute variance, twice the PH's and skippable/blank spawn cycles.
  12. Urshulgi Augur

Everytime I've gone there it's been camped in however many picks were up at the time. I could wait around and try to out-dps a solo player with my two toons, but that's pretty rude, so I avoid doing that.

Back in 2000, the seb key normally required a tracker, because there was only one hunter or forager up at a time. In 2015 though, you don't need a tracker because it's impossible to run across TT without picking up a train of hunters and foragers. I guess that's okay as a change from original, but changing the timer on a key mob for a normal dungeon is asking for too much?

Maybe dungeons shouldn't have multiple instances. I think Seb would be much better if people were DPS racing every named mob in the zone, fighting over sebilite scale mantles. That would be playing the game the way it was intended, wouldn't it?

I don't care about the VP key. That's the top raid zone for Kunark, and it's not part of this discussion. I'm talking about easing access to one of the 4 level 45+ dungeons in Kunark, because the other three either require no key or a key that takes very little time and doesn't rely on competition for mobs to complete.
  13. Urshulgi Augur

This isn't classic EQ.

Seb requires 10-15 mins worth of effort to enter, Chardok and KC require none.

Time sinks for epic mobs, PITA as they are, are acceptable. Time sinks for raid zone keys, like VP, are acceptable.

I think they should put in keys for velious access. Within Velious, there should be additional keys required to enter Thurgadin, KD, Skyshrine, Siren's Grotto, and ToV. Each of these keys should require a minimum camp of 90 minutes, and have at least two parts. Wouldn't that be fun for everyone? Then box farmers could park over the key mobs and charge people for looting rights, or entire guilds could go toe to toe with mage armies every 90 mins to fight over key mobs. That would be exciting!
  14. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Looks like you've spent more than 90 minutes now following this thread. Bet you could've gotten a prod in that time.
    Syrup likes this.
  15. Vlorg Augur

and this is why I play on live server!

cause I realized classic EQ is mostly about doing nothing for extended period of time!
  16. Pikallo Augur

Ok so everytime it has been camped for you, which is entirely possible I won't argue that. However, have you considered asking when the next spawn is due? And if you could get in line for next? Or even *gasp* wait and see for yourself? No one said you have to KS someone. Just get in line and get the next one. It is not like there is any randomness or anything left to chance. If you can't devote 1 playing session to camping a key mob, this might not be the right game for you.
  17. Ducreux Augur

DPS race every time for the chancellor. Half the people farming it are keying additional boxes or selling the prod in commons, this is a "DPS wins" server after all.
  18. Urshulgi Augur

You're failing to justify why it's really necessary when they've changed so many other things from classic to make the game easier and to accommodate the higher population of a TLP server. Why are there 8-13 picks of seb going at the same time? Oh wait, because DBG made changes to the game to accommodate the player base.
  19. Urshulgi Augur

Wonder if I could get a charm off before someone can kill it? That would be fun. March the Chancellor to the Cabilis guards. Lizard guards need Howling Stones keys as well.
  20. iMugatu Elder

You act like dispelling a charm is difficult. Or that getting a HS key is difficult. Perhaps you should try out another MMO, it's called Hello Kitty Online. It seems to be more on par with your level of undeserved entitlement.