Challenging TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aziuno, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Aziuno Augur

I see people complain about content being too easy, and I see people gloating about DPS races and beating content first. Here is yet another TLP Server idea that caters to the folks who want a challenge...

Server with mostly 2 Month Unlocks, but it unlocks at level increase brackets.

Server Launch - Classic
    2 Weeks later - Kunark&Velious&Luclin Launch
    2 Months later - PoP&LOY&LDON&GOD Launch
    2 Months Later - OOW&DON&DODH&RO Launch
    2 Months Later - TSS & TBS Launch
    2 Months Later - SoF Launches
    1 Month Later - SoD Launches

After this, you always make a new server anyway so who cares.

What does this server offer?
    It offers Iksar, and BST within 2 weeks of launch, everyone else will have classic gear which will mean you are not too far behind.

Sadly Berserker will not be in until people have some random SSRA/VT gear with a splash of Velious, but there seems to be no love for Berserkers on early TLP anyway.

Competitive guilds will be pushing content in terrible gear, can you imagine trying to clear SSRA/VT with Classic gear or maybe some group gear?

GoD will be made hard again, when you are getting 1 shot in your VT/SSRA gear.

Meta will be shaken up, and farming tactics will also change as well rounded group gear will be that much more important without the bloat farming.

This will mimic the difficulty of content when stuff was live, as everyone will be under geared, and people will not be entering new content with 120+ AA banked.

There will be no reduction in cool downs (This server would have AoC's), so open world loot will be that much more important.

Non competitive players will know this server is not for them, so the wild west will be true and strong.
  2. practicalnurse Lorekeeper

3. ExoticCheese Journeyman

This is literally the one and only response that has to ever be posted in response to every single "next TLP" thread. Thank you for the laugh!
    practicalnurse likes this.
  4. Febb Augur

10 points for no development time needed.

-10 for expansion launch schedule.

Adjust the expansion launch schedule to something practical for everyone and it might get discussed.
  5. Aziuno Augur

This server is for the big boys, not the casual.
    That was the whole premise of the post.

I see your resolution was not reading posts before replying.
  6. snailish Augur

"Time locked fast unlocks" vs. "racing unlocks with 2 week turnaround" I think you have an overlapping niche small-population playerbase.

The racing runs the risk of only one guild caring. It also probably needs rewards like a Quarm event to encourage sticking with the racing.

Time locked fast unlocks... guess it depends if it is only open-world or not. AoC = not challenging server ruleset. I wonder if even less people would care than in the racing scenario. There's only so many big boys to challenge after all.

They could offer either of these as one of the progression servers, but I think it would be a mistake to make it the next and only progression server [faster XP, possibly trilogy start, Phinny clone would be way more players. Daybreak can make more money off the little boys and girls...].
  7. Febb Augur

I read your post just fine. If you don't like people disagreeing with you, you should probably not post on the internet.
    Ltldogg and Nolrog like this.
  8. Bolten_DA Augur

Honestly, I would prefer that Daybreak makes the encounters more of a "challenge" vs just speeding it up. Even if it meant cranking up the damage on bosses.
  9. Krezzy Augur

Here's my pitch:
    • Disable /follow.
    • FV loot rules, including trivial loot code.
    • Phase in a 50% server-wide XP penalty, 5% per level over 10th (5% at 11th; 50% at 20th+).
    • Remove this penalty in any continent / expansion where the PC has the Explorer achievement.
    • Add a 25% XP potion reward to Hunter or other significant achievements.
    Edit: Realizing that VT or ST would become XP gateways, make sure these zones are optional in the Explorer achievement.
  10. KegadinIsGod Journeyman

11. jeskola pheerie

This just leads to a lot of content skipping, and only hardcore playing.
  12. xxar Augur

Coming from a returning player.

There is some seriously broken mechanics on a TLP . If you want a challenge server , let's try :

- Corpse Runs
    - Removal of M Q's (have mobs clear there inventory on a turn in step)
    - Removal of /Follow
    - Original exp rates / Death Rates
    - Original FV rules when speaking of character creation, 1 character on server per account.
    - True Box enforced / Enable the code that tracks exploits and instead of ban waves .. autobans
    - Remove the ability to loot no trade items unless on the original kill and given credit for the kill (no loot rights).
    - Standard 3 month rotation on level cap increase , 2 months on non.
    I know far fetched , but I think it be a fun server .
  13. Artaserse2 Elder

The problem with op's proposal is that it is way too hardcore & only a few people would play it after the first few expansions. It wouldn't be worth it for Daybreak to implement this. It would be better for them to come up with something simple that most players would like.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Beats a Phinny 3.0.
  15. Machentoo Augur

You're wrong on group gear being important on your setup. No one will have time to farm group gear with four expansions dropping at at time. There would be enough raid content, almost all of which would be upgrades to the top end group gear available, that guilds would be raiding something pretty much every waking moment. Especially when you consider that there will be at most one or two guilds playing, so you'd have open world + AoC content available every five days.

Also, I think you overestimate the difficulty of content currently. Clearing GoD in VT gear would be no problem under current game mechanics. It might take a little closer to a full raid instead of the twenty people it takes in pop gear, but it would still be doable, easily.
  16. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

Why not just release a TLP like phinny, but with 36 player raid cap as optional hard raids that give double loot.