chain scraps of wither and decay?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Svann2, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Orienn TreeHugger

I would suggest doing named over HA's....I've ran a ton of HA's leveling alts and barely gotten any of those scraps. Glad I got them all when it was current. My guildy is looking for a set of these too.
  2. Sissruukk Rogue One

I bought my chain set for 1 million plat. I felt like I was ripping the guy off.
    Kialya and Tatanka like this.
  3. Thren Lorekeeper

They still drop. Getting the ones you want , however is a real pain. I spent the better part of 3 weeks farming the zone just to get a plate set, while doing so I got 4 chain, 2 leather, 2 cloth before getting, just 6 plate, which I dont show my helm, is enough to appear to be wearing a full suit, however I dont get the /ach for the suit until I go back and get another plate for the helm slot. There is no reason or why to when they drop or which may drop, I would go 2 days with no drops of any type, then the 3rd day get 3 of mixed types,, you are totally at the mercy of the RNG on this one.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  4. Svann2 The Magnificent

So far I got 2 plate and a cloth. Those 3 came very quickly when I did a couple missions and I thought that might be the way but it's since dried up and I got no more. If I get to Dec something at expac release Ill just give it up. Its possible I might be able to trade someone plate or cloth crafted ornament for chain, but I guess unlikely. On Bristlebane if anyone reading this is interested in a trade.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Had the same idea but they are no trade:( until you make the item
  6. Svann2 The Magnificent

Sure, but if someone wanted a robe and I want BP he could make mine and I make his then trade.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Gives my ranger something to look for when i do hunter there. weird on fv scraps are no trade but finished item is though.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Its the same on live regular servers as mentioned above. The scraps are no trade but the finished product is tradable. This is also true of the line of Ambiguous Remnant of Devotion armor. The remnant are no trade but the final product is tradable
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

kinda weird.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ive now found 3 cloth 3 plate. Could theoretically complete the set minus helm if I can find someone wanting to trade - Bristlebane.
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Sorry Svann, I have 2 plate, 1 leather, 2 cloth scraps... I just looked
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Got super lucky and found someone willing to trade a packed suit.
    :)
    Sissruukk likes this.
  13. Fudd New Member

We redid ALL of the progression for TBM at 125 and found 0 wither and decay pieces. I fully believe it's like the fragment of alaran history and no longer drops if the mobs are green - even from named (who are also green con). It MAY be possible to get some via mission chests, but after doing the entire progression line and seeing none, I have to think it's a bug. How about just make the buyable for remnants of tranquility from the vendor? Done so much, we're sitting on a combined total over 200k.

Oh, to be clear, we farmed close to 10k mobs, over a couple months, in the static Demiplane of Decay AND did each mission close to 10 times (clearing everything that could be pulled). Safe to say, at 125, it's not dropping.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and minimind like this.
  14. Alnitak Augur

Just FYI: Violet Hero plate ornaments seem to match better for some slots, iirc wrists and feet. My bard wears a combo suit of Violet Hero and W&D and to my taste it seems better match overall.
  15. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Thats because you were ;)