chain scraps of wither and decay?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Svann2, Oct 30, 2022.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Are these still dropping? Ive been killing in demiplane of decay for hours. Got 3 levels for my alt and not a single scrap has dropped - not even the wrong ones. Seems like I used to find these often enough back when the content was new. Am I missing something here?
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Scraps were always rare for me. Only have 2 in bank, and I think I've never crafted any pieces.
    Kialya, minimind and Coagagin like this.
  3. Coagagin Guild house cat

I had one drop in a Teek task about a month, maybe two ago. These have always been ridiculously rare for little to no benefit outside of price gouging.
    Kialya likes this.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

I got a few during last named spawn bonus doing Hunter, maybe they mostly come from named?
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Named have a much higher chance to drop scraps in my experience.

That said, rare things tend to be rarer when fewer folks are actively hunting in those zones.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Back when TBM was current-ish and I could still get AA xp from the mobs, I would spend 2-3 hours killing in Decay almost nightly. I think I eventually farmed enough to make 2 pieces. The drop rate is stupidly low, and no matter how much players complained, the devs just shrugged and ignored it.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

It took me about 3 days, some 13+ hours and 3800 mobs, to farm a full set of each.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

And keep in mind that if you do find pieces the combine is NOT NO FAIL.

It is a pain to do all that killing and wait for the soul guy to be up to buy the book (12,600k) and then the template (2k) and then fail the combine.
    minimind and Marton like this.
  9. Marton Augur

Funny you mention that.

I just failed the combine last week when making stuff for my alt. Was pretty confident with my maxxed tailoring :rolleyes:.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  10. Svann2 The Magnificent

Wow. You did much better than me. I have 1000 kills for 0 drops and you have 3800 kills for 32? I must be doing something wrong or something.
    minimind likes this.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

29, 7x4+1 for the robe.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok yea i forgot you only need 1 wrist. Still you average 1 per 131 kills. I got 0 for 1000. Thats starting to be beyond the range of standard deviation territory according to my slide rule.
    minimind likes this.
  13. Knifen Augur

Getting those to drop, let alone chain/'plate is horrid. I got 2 full sets of leather, 1 full set of cloth, 3 robes (made), 4 plate pieces before i finished 1 set of chain
  14. Elyssanda Bardbrain

yes, I had a couple drop last month when I was helping a guildee with old progression.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

Just to be sure - you guys looted wither and decay not vim and vigor right? There are two different sets from the same expansion.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

Yeah, V&V is from a totally different zone, as drops as the HF pieces themselves and not the no trade (even on FV) tradeskill pieces. W&D also requires getting the tradeskill book, which took another few rounds of mob spawns to get the right merchant to spawn.
  17. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Speaking of Taioring i was making a fleeting quiver 222 trival me with 368 tailoring skill and i failed and i salvaged everything but the rarest item high quality lion skin was a slap in the face.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

The Marquis de Sade strikes again. I am working on tradeskills on yet another character. Thus proving I am truly a glutton for punishment.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  19. Svann2 The Magnificent

Made a little progress. Did the mission. 4th kill dropped a cloth scrap of wither and decay. Not the kind I wanted but its something. Maybe I just need to keep doing instances.
  20. minimind The Village Idiot

Orienn and Metanis like this.