Cats in Bags

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zaviere, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Crystilla Augur

Wait, what? They had sounds? I need to spend more time in our guild hall, which has become a cat rescue with about 12 of them or so all near each other ... with sound on.
  2. Silv Augur

They certainly do! For a little while I kept hearing the roar and had no clue what it was coming from... then, as I kept running past the animal shelter in our hall I figured it out. The only one I could see having a roar is 'Cranky Cat' :p
  3. Mintalie Augur

Forgive me for asking this, but... how do you leave them in the guild hall?
    Silv likes this.
  4. Ragbert Elder

They are placeable.
    PrathunEQ, Silv and Mintalie like this.
  5. Zaviere Augur

I have my cat collection running around inside my weapons collection house. The stark contrast of cute little kittens and walls filled with various killing instruments is amusing to me.
    Mayfaire, Mintalie and Silv like this.
  6. Tadenea Augur

would be nice to see puppies/Dogs and Bunnies/Rabbits of various breeds also
  7. Silv Augur

Only if the dogs chase the cats and the cats chase the bunnies if you put them all in the same real estate plot!
  8. JolineSZ Augur

:eek:
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Three cats wandering around my eq house now. ;)
  10. Zaviere Augur

I'd pay to see that in-game!
    Iila and Silv like this.
  11. Silv Augur

So... when they add items associated with achievements that are *only* available from the marketplace they're worse players? Makes perfect sense! :rolleyes:

Sure, you could buy them in game since they are tradeable but someone spent money on it. I'd be more than happy to see quests available to obtain them or have them as global rare drops but we all know they want to cash in. I'm just confused how buying items which have 0 impact on gameplay would affect your grouping decisions...
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Zaviere like this.
  12. Zaviere Augur

To be fair, I didn't buy cats in bags for achievement points, or even the titles (I wasn't aware of either when the purchases were made) they just happened to be a nice little bonus. I bought them because I'm a cat freak. I'm not sure how that makes me any less of a player.

Although in this specific case, I doubt you and I would ever group together anyways since we're both Bards!

Also, for the record, I used a ton of saved-up DB cash from the free monthly claims to get all my cats, so technically they were kinda sorta free-ish!
    Mayfaire, Corwyhn Lionheart and Silv like this.
  13. Silv Augur

You know those 25 total achievement points for cats just totally unbalance and trivialize the 25k+ other ones available in game :p
    Mayfaire likes this.
  14. JolineSZ Augur

Well, I had over 11k coins on one account and over 5k on the other only by clicking the claim button and before implemenation of the button by automatically receiving then. I never put any money there and I seldom buy something.
    So I used the coins since the cats are tradeable as long as they are adoptable. I have all now and several to sell in the bazaar.
    For me it was a nice idea to actually do something with my coins and also to make some money ingame by selling the cats.

So for me it was more a good business and I did not spent any money.

And all the crazy cat lovers can now buy them for PP ingame and also do not need to spend real money.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Someone is upset because people get achievements for the cat collection? That is well.. just sad.
    Mayfaire and Silv like this.
  16. FixShamanPlease Elder

This cat thingy sounds like The Windstalker touch.
  17. Ragbert Elder

Will there be Player Studio custom skins for the cats? Because I need a black cat that has a mankini. White armpits, white "bikini spot" and white socks. Like this.
    [IMG]
    Mayfaire, Axxius, JolineSZ and 2 others like this.
  18. Silv Augur

MOAR cats!

Mintalie likes this.
  19. Mintalie Augur

Thank you, EQ community, for making my cat love feel so incredibly normal. <3
  20. Silv Augur

Oh idunno if there's anything normal about it... :p

But, who can have a dog when you play EQ?! They need so much more attention, you have to get up to walk them, etc. My one cat has watched me play enough EQ she could probably do it herself now... 12 years :eek:
    Mayfaire likes this.
  21. Random_Enchanter Augur

why in the heck would your cat do that? she has you to do it for her. as a good slave human should! ;)
    kraggnar, Axxius, Fanra and 1 other person like this.