Catering...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allayna Augur

I noticed several recent changes in the test patch notes that seem to benefit only TLP, those who whine the loudest and/or threaten to cancel 90 accounts. I'm looking at you EM25 tradeskill ear. I'm looking at you second round of nerfs to Drusella in 2 months. I'm looking at you Form of the Great Wolf druid spells.

Several things remain unanswered:

Necro Dot Revamp - Last seen on a milk carton in 2015.
    Eviction option of non-guilded from guild neighborhood.
    Fixes to the guild tool/advl windows.
    Zone crashes, especially guild lobby to small guild hall.
    Graphics leak that is obvious.
    Communication between the Developer team and its community. If something is considered an exploit, openly call it that.

We are now 6 months into this latest expansion in everquest...and still fixing itemization?

This is not a post in anger. I can appreciate that things take time to fix...communication with customers is paramount in those situations.

But why if in 1 patch something breaks should we have to wait an entire month for it to be repaired? What other paid service would that kind of lag time be tolerated?
  2. Boze TLP complaint factory

I counted 73 bullet points (just main points, not sub-points), with ~21? of those being mostly specific to TLP. It was a quick count so don't jump down my throat if I'm slightly off, even if I am it makes the point that live is still getting the bulk of the attention. Necro DoT revamp is an impossible task, everyone will be angry about something no matter what happens with it. We've gotten a ton of QoL/bug improvements/fixes in the last couple years.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

You lost me here, its Necro and SK, the shame, why don't you love your SK's!

But yeah, knowing one of the dev crew plays an SK, there must be some real inner office fighting. Aristo, why do you hate Dzarn? What has he ever done to you to deserve your ire? Why wont you tell him, and us why you don't like us. BTW my god hates you more than you hate SK :p
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The shocking thing is their guild is recruiting sks currently too. This is my shocked face.

But to the OP it really did seem like they just randomly agreed to every silly complaint on Forum Quest this patch. I wonder if it will reduce complaining, or simply embolden the salty to cry louder.
    Zaviere likes this.
  5. Allayna Augur

SKs? Those exist in game?

I'd forgotten to mention....the inability to use account to account transfer for months now.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I’ll trade you half a dozen for some #UsefulClasses like shaman, paladin, bard or beastlords!
    Zaviere likes this.
  7. Zaviere Augur

Oh man, do we have some Paladins and Beastlords to spare! No touchy our Bards, though.
  8. Allayna Augur

#Pallynation

I'd take a druid or two if you're offering...oh wait, they all quit after that last DoT nerf.
    Critts likes this.
  9. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

What "EM25 tradeskill ear".?
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Someone complained that the Phlogiston pet ear (the group one powered up with the raid diamond) was only EM24. Dev posted it was a half tier less by intention or something, then randomly out of the blue on the test patch notes it’s been changed to EM25.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This topic again, really? If TLP servers never became a thing, EQ would no longer be a thing. Will you people just deal with it already? TLP has been and will continue to takes the Devs attention over things on "Live" servers - btw to play on TLP you need to pay the monthly fee. They are "Live" servers too. It's all about $$ and Daybreak acquiring as much of it as needed to keep the servers on. How many times does this need to posted?
    Elskidor and Dexar like this.
  12. Allayna Augur

1/10 of the information is about TLP.
  13. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

If they are upping the Phlogiston pet ear to EM 25, they should up the regular conflagrant pet ear to EM 22-23...
  14. Lianeb Augur

Why?
    Tier 1 is 18
    Tier 2 is 19
    At most they put it at 19
    EnchFWO likes this.
  15. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Why not?
  16. DaciksBB Augur

Make something craftable jump far ahead of everything in it's class (group pet focus)? Why? I don't even think that the raid craftable should have jumped to the raid dropped.
    Of course, you could just go do TDS (need 319 coin, unlocks on the first raid) or TBM (unlocks on rat, need 400 coin) if you want to get far ahead of group foci. You could even do EoK but not sure if there are any open raids clearing Queen yet.
  17. Sancus Augur

Ngreth stated that the stats were intended to be half a tier below RoS Raid stats in reference to the Phlogiston bow (which he later clarified). The foci on Phlogiston gear, however, are the same as on RoS gear. The ear was inconsistent with that, and was therefore corrected. The group ear is probably inconsistent too and should be bumped up to EM 19. EM foci are in flux for much of beta, so it's not really that surprising it got missed.

Nothing was broken, but there was a small itemization inconsistency that was corrected. Whether or not the TS gear should have the same foci as the normal gear is another matter entirely. But I don't really see that as an example of giving into whining, it was likely a pretty quick fix to something unintended.
  18. flash000 Augur

im so sad i saw catering and was like omg Foood!!!

[IMG]
    Eaiana, ForumBoss, Zhaunil_AB and 6 others like this.
  19. Foliax Journeyman

It's be nice if there was a chart somewhere that exactly and specifically showed you what EM 18, 19, 24 25 etc did to pets in terms of health, level, attack, haste, etc.
  20. Odiiusx Elder

Does this mean I will be looking for a guild? Crap!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.