Category: Absorb Damage

Discussion in 'Casters' started by CrazyLarth, Nov 10, 2014.

1. CrazyLarth Augur

so what is Chaos Scintillation --- Absorb Damage? bug or some thing different?

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=44629

Category:Absorb Damage ?

Cast on you: You are charred by chaotic ethereal fire.
    Cast on other: Soandso is charred by chaotic ethereal fire.

Resist:Fire
  2. Riou EQResource

Lucy/Alla has a terrible spell parser, the only use it has is mostly Stacking Issues
  3. Jiggs Elder

Riou is correct. Lucy is only good if you are interested in stacking issues. The two most reliable sites to look at spell data are raidloot.com and Eqresource.com

I have used raidloot for many years. Eqresource is good as well.

Below is a cut/paste from raidloot. Hope this helps.

[44629/16628] Chaos ScintillationClasses: WIZ/103
    Skill: Evocation
    Mana: 750
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Fire -50
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 0.75s, Recast: 4s, Rest: 1.5s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 7682 (Random: -5298 to -10066)
    Text: You are charred by chaotic ethereal fire.
    Evokes a potent magical flame to strike your target, inflicting between #1 and @1 damage.
  4. Sancus Augur

I do like Lucy's raw spell data (I believe eqresource has a similar page?) I love raidloot, but to my knowledge it won't tell you what SPAs the spells use, which I often need to know.
  5. Mykaylla Augur

old spell change history.

Fixed! ;)

Lucy's raw data would be a lot better if it were current. Since there are many more SPAs now than there were even 8 years ago, let alone 15, when it reads the spell file, it incorrectly identifies the fields. Some things have been updated recently after a lot of pushing, but it's still miles behind raidloot and eqresource, or running a parser on the file directly yourself.
    Some of Lucy's stacking info is weird, too, particularly with slot 1 (because there's a significant number of things that *have* to be on slot 1 to work), so it will show worn effects conflicting with buff-based ones, et cetera.